chookey's Motorised Install

If the assemblty is all correct then the dish should track the arc correctly using USALS.
Has he manually set sat positions for each satellite using Diseq?
You didn't mention 13E as tuned in and what about westerly sats after 0.8W?
Also poor that there's no protective tape around the f-connector fitting to sat cable or a rubber cover (looks like the cable to receiver), underneath the motor.

Im no expert but shouldnt that connection have amalgamating tape round it?Screenshot_20230821_182311_Samsung Internet.jpg

What does your big dish get quality wise on 28 east ?

Did you get a picture of the dish declination scale ?

He seems to have you setup for a latitude of 53. So thats going to be close

However, those scales are for rough adjustment.

It would be the normal practice to go to the furthest east sat furthest west sat and 0.8 west to make sure it was tracking correctly.

Did you check pole was plumb while you were up there ?

They should not be breaking up even at 60% well not on mine anyway
I was with him when he was getting the mast plumb. Pretty sure he got that right. He didn't understand the declination as I actually asked him about that.
I've gave up for tonight. I threw myself into some maintenance that needed doing it and now I'm shattered as well as absolutely dejected.

Had enough of it to be honest. Watching from my little Sky dish at 73%. I'll fart about with it again tomorrow and get in touch with Gary the "installer", see what he plans to do to put things right.

I was with him when he was getting the mast plumb. Pretty sure he got that right. He didn't understand the declination as I actually asked him about that.
I've gave up for tonight. I threw myself into some maintenance that needed doing it and now I'm shattered as well as absolutely dejected.

Had enough of it to be honest. Watching from my little Sky dish at 73%. I'll fart about with it again tomorrow and get in touch with Gary the "installer", see what he plans to do to put things right.
If you can be bothered

Alter your longitude setting by plus and minus 0.3 save reboot and see if either setting gives you get a better signal

What does your big dish get quality wise on 28 east ?

Did you get a picture of the dish declination scale ?

He seems to have you setup for a latitude of 53. So thats going to be close

However, those scales are for rough adjustment.

It would be the normal practice to go to the furthest east sat furthest west sat and 0.8 west to make sure it was tracking correctly.

Did you check pole was plumb while you were up there ?

They should not be breaking up even at 60% well not on mine anyway
On my viark sat 65% is iffy at times on TD110, most tp on 19.2 on my TM5402 are 95%, on viark sat 76% ish never higher

If you can be bothered

Alter your longitude setting by plus and minus 0.3 save reboot and see if either setting gives you get a better signal
I'll have a go tomorrow Ferret. I have fell out with my setup and it's getting no more love until tomorrow at the earliest.
Do you get boots with the TM motors ?

I would have one of the other mainly boots.
There was one that came with the lnb but I don't know about the motor, the 1st pretend installer opened that box. I still have that boot and will sort the cables out next time I go up.
Got to use a bigger ladder though

What's the result @chookey
It's not his fault apparently. He say's that my receiver is having problems communicating with the motor. I told him more than once that it had no such problems before his visit and that the fault lies in his alignment.
He suggested that I try and fine tune it on diseqc 1.2 "as it seems to be on the correct arc".

I've been busy with something else which has managed to take my mind off it. I've come across the "manual" for the motor and am doing a bit of studying before I dive into it myself. That guy is obviously clueless and I have no confidence in his ability to correct it if I were to insist he puts it right.

Id have to agree, chookey an installer that could not explain declination is shocking.

I asked if you would alter your coordinates to see if plus or minus on the longitude increased or decreased signal strength.

I dont have a crystal ball but i can build a picture of what he has done right or wrong with info like that.

Id have to agree, chookey an installer that could not explain declination is shocking.

I asked if you would alter your coordinates to see if plus or minus on the longitude increased or decreased signal strength.

I dont have a crystal ball but i can build a picture of what he has done right or wrong with info like that.
I'll likely have a play tomorrow Ferret. To be honest it really got me down and I needed to "escape".

I'll likely have a play tomorrow Ferret. To be honest it really got me down and I needed to "escape".
Its awful having to feel this way because of incompetent people.
Takes the edge off something you should be enjoying.
Seems like to 2 people you have had so far are just chancers and have not got a clue what they are really doing, i think @manic01 mentioned in this thread that they should be named and shamed, i totaly agree.
This is something i want to get back into but reading your problems it does not fill me with confidence.
I will fit it myself.

Circumstances left me little choice to be honest. It ain't over yet.
I will prove him wrong and demand some of the money back. Doubt I'll get it but there will be a very damaging review.
Making myself look a total tw*t here. :oops:
I had some misgivings about my diseqc switch last night so changed it round a bit, motorised system from LNB2 to LNB4. Fatigue got the better of me after doing a lot during the day so ended the night viewing via my Sky dish. Forgot all about it this morning.

An old work colleague came and brought a PS4 controller for repair and I went to show him my problematic system and it worked. I have scanned in 19.2E, 13E, 0.8W and 16E but only getting 30 channels on that one. The quality is ranging from 59 to 65%. I'm planning on doing some more testing to be 100% sure it's the switch.
I'll borrow a longer ladder tomorrow and drop a cable from the motor to the receiver to see if there is any difference in quality. May not be necessary but it's currently using the old Sky shotgun cable which is well over 10 years old now.

Back