Best ssl84 image for dm800 se

tis a cracking image used it for a few weeks working fine

Thats great news,that does indeed look like a good image,it would be on my box if i had sim 2.10 but im on A8P(genuine) but i do have a 2.10 sim so i might just have a play.need to find out how to backward flash,i guess its ssl84b,swap sim do image.

I would imagine it would work on the A8P if you flashed the clone bootloader

For A8P

Flash image do not reboot very important.
Start browser flashing again then flash the original 84ssl
Now reboot

Then for good measure send in the original drivers.

For A8P

Flash image do not reboot very important.
Now reboot

Then for good measure send in the original drivers.

Yep i am already on A8P was wanting to play going back to 2.10 woops got you now...
What original drivers?

so you flash image then ssl84 genuine image bootloader? so this will work with original bootloader that i have on box already.?

many thanks

Last edited:
Yep i am already on A8P was wanting to play going back to 2.10 woops got you now...
What original drivers?

so you flash image then ssl84 genuine image bootloader? so this will work with original bootloader that i have on box already.?

many thanks

I refer to dreambox original drivers

If your using a image not for your sim type

Flash image do not reboot very important. If you reboot youll get the No CA Error message.

Now reboot

That's all there is to it it make no difference what ssl you had on previously it will be over written when you flash the sim2.1 image

Flash image do not reboot very important. If you reboot youll get the No CA Error message.

Now reboot

That's all there is to it it make no difference what ssl you had on previously it will be over written when you flash the sim2.1 image

Thanks mate,I was kind of sure of that but just needed the clarification so many thanks.I think i am going to buy another box so i can do some experimenting
Learn a little more etc,leaving me with a good box no matter.

Using OpenPli here also and no probs with in box updates - really steady image but needs little bits of tweaking to get it running perfect for you

hi
New satellite receiver for DM 800se hd satellite receiver with wifi:

1.400MHZ Processor

2.Linux OS

3.Sim2.10, Bootloader #84

4.3 X USB
will this image be ok on this please?

Yes mate :)

thanks mate , I have just put the image on and it seems good I had to put cross epg on as the epg was poor and installed rats bouquets( this app is a must thanks rat! )
the youtube works great on it but the iptv stuff is dead maybe im doing something wrong?

thanks mate , I have just put the image on and it seems good I had to put cross epg on as the epg was poor and installed rats bouquets( this app is a must thanks rat! )
the youtube works great on it but the iptv stuff is dead maybe im doing something wrong?

IPTV just the way it is mate links come and go, but you can update the Tsmedia & Mediaportal from within the image.

Anything else if your more specific maybe we can suggest a solution.

Now reboot

hello ferret

I have this image on and working great , the only thing I cant get going is the recording it says no hdd or something but my hdd is fine and is configured as I have it setup with cross epg ect?
I tried putting a movie folder with ftp so it had a path but it didn't work?

any ideas please mate as I would love to get this working as this is a great image.

many thanks

hello ferret

I have this image on and working great , the only thing I cant get going is the recording it says no hdd or something but my hdd is fine and is configured as I have it setup with cross epg ect?

any ideas please mate as I would love to get this working as this is a great image.

many thanks

Hi mate i don't think it needs a path to a folder i have never created a separate folder as it navigates straight to recordings when you press the PVR button on remote,make sure you have a media player plugin installed.maybe this has confused box.try deleting folder you created restart enigma and let system decide where to record to on HDD
on the other hand have you set the path in settings/record in settings menu
Ferret please correct if i am wrong.

Last edited:
hello ferret

many thanks

The openpli image has a automount feature that is not very reliable to be honest. This can be upset even further if you have installed the tspanel.

At this point id usually advice you to download the Device Manager plugin from the openpli plugin download but they are working on something and its offline.

Here it is attached for manual install

Install that then youll find device manager under menu-setup-system

Mount the hard drive there

If your still having issues there are other ways to mount a drive so come back to us.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-devicemanager_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk
    74.3 KB · Views: 1
The openpli image has a automount feature that is not very reliable to be honest. This can be upset even further if you have installed the tspanel.

At this point id usually advice you to download the Device Manager plugin from the openpli plugin download but they are working on something and its offline.

If your still having issues there are other ways to mount a drive so come back to us.

hi

the box recognises the hard drive as it specified on the cross epg and things it is just not recognised on the recording side of things?

thanks

Please confirm that the HDD is mounted by running the following telnet command and report back.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

If mounted, you may need to create a bookmark by pressing menu, switch to file list, navigate to location, create bookmark.

Please confirm that the HDD is mounted by running the following telnet command and report back.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

If mounted, you may need to create a bookmark by pressing menu, switch to file list, navigate to location, create bookmark.

hiya abu

it appears mounted /dev/sda1 232.8g used 2.0g available 230.8.g /media/sda1

can you explain the other bit to me please about the bookmark?

thanks

It would be better to change the mount so that it is called /media/hdd/ instead of /media/sda1/ as this wll prevent issues in future. See if you can do that with the plugin Ferret uploaded for you.

If no luck, whilst on recording paths press OK, then Menu, switch to file list, navigate to the list of storage devices, add bookmark. That should allow you to select it in the list of selections. As I said, best to mount it as /media/hdd.

Screenshots attached, should be similar.

Attachments

• screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 3
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 4

thanks

I think it may be an image issue as it says no hd found or is not initialised?

but it shows it on cross epg

Back