Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

It's in their interest to fix this quickly as this clone is pretty new to market they risk losing sales if support is poor from the outset.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Exactly gsm, would like to know which team was behind this clone

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

i will be following this thread with interest, with its iptv features it sounds like the way to go (on a budget).

I've just received my clone Solo2. I paid £164.30 plus the credit card company charged me a non sterling transaction fee of £4.91, then I had to pay £3.09 Import duty charge so the final total was £172.30. The build quality is excellent and I've not had any problems so far. Its been a pretty big learning curve coming from a Skybox F3!

I'm running ViX 2.0.7, I wonder how long it will be before there are updates to get around the new Vu+ anti clone drivers.

I've just received my clone Solo2. I paid £164.30 plus the credit card company charged me a non sterling transaction fee of £4.91, then I had to pay £3.09 Import duty charge so the final total was £172.30. The build quality is excellent and I've not had any problems so far. Its been a pretty big learning curve coming from a Skybox F3!

I'm running ViX 2.0.7, I wonder how long it will be before there are updates to get around the new Vu+ anti clone drivers.

Vix 2.0.7? Don't you mean black hole.would be good if any images you try if you could post them here...what worked and what did not.cheers

Sorry it's running VIX 802. I plan on putting BH 2.0.7 on once I've mastered the basics. The plugin support for ViX is not as good as Black Hole.

Sorry it's running VIX 802. I plan on putting BH 2.0.7 on once I've mastered the basics. The plugin support for ViX is not as good as Black Hole.

I dont know about that.I am a fan of vix and has all i need.
Just ordered a box myself to have a play with so i will use vix 802 as there onwards is with new drivers.

I actually find that you don't need an extra plugins with VIX as most things that you need are there as part of the image. In fact the only thing I need to install is mgcamd.

Any supplier reccomendations for the clone solo2 box?

I actually find that you don't need an extra plugins with VIX as most things that you need are there as part of the image. In fact the only thing I need to install is mgcamd.

I want to use 1 Channel and IceFilms, everything I've read about VIX says they cause problems with it. Also I tried the Apple Air Player plugin and couldn't get it to work, and ondemand has no sound on BBC iPlayer.

I want to use 1 Channel and IceFilms, everything I've read about VIX says they cause problems with it. Also I tried the Apple Air Player plugin and couldn't get it to work, and ondemand has no sound on BBC iPlayer.

I am on latest vix and have all you mention running fine never had a problem with the exception of ondemand plugin.

I am on latest vix and have all you mention running fine never had a problem with the exception of ondemand plugin.

Thats strange, IceFilms and 1 Channel are constantly making my box crash! I had to restore from a backup to get it working normal again. Could you send me a link to the ipk files you used to install; 1 Channel, IceFilms & the Airplayer plugin your using.

Thats strange, IceFilms and 1 Channel are constantly making my box crash! I had to restore from a backup to get it working normal again. Could you send me a link to the ipk files you used to install; 1 Channel, IceFilms & the Airplayer plugin your using.

Hi i got all the plugins from here in the downloads section 1channel apk was posted by wiz and airplayer from vix feeds.I must admit i never use airplayer as i have blackbox and vu player apps installed on my ipad air.

Ok thanks for your help AJT. I'll give 1channel another go from the downloads section, maybe its a newer version or something. I'll probably not bother with Airplayer as like you say there are apps i can install that will stream it anyway. I just wondered if it was possible to stream from the iPad or iPhone, to the Solo2 so I could show stuff on the TV.

I dont know about that.I am a fan of vix and has all i need.
Just ordered a box myself to have a play with so i will use vix 802 as there onwards is with new drivers.

How much and where from?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Please keep all recommendations to pm's please guys :)

Last edited:
My Solo 2 is a clone using vix image and 1channel and ice films both work well. Latest ts media plugin and xbmc plugin work great and I get full sound using ondemand. Very pleased with the clone, just hoping for some software support soon

Back