Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

My Solo 2 is a clone using vix image and 1channel and ice films both work well. Latest ts media plugin and xbmc plugin work great and I get full sound using ondemand. Very pleased with the clone, just hoping for some software support soon

What software support could you possibly need..everything available already works.

It does and I'm really happy with it but it would be nice to update to the latest images, which cannot be done on a clone right now

I've been reading this thread for a while now and couldn't help myself!

Just ordered one from China to replace my aging DM800 clone.

Does anyone know what is the latest version of Black Hole that will run on a Solo2 clone?

tempted to order, but think I will wait till the anti clone drivers fix comes out.

Which firm was selling the original solo2 for £269?

As a serial boxaholic i spend alot of time looking around and searching out boxes checking out all the prices.
as i posted before you can now get a genuine solo2 for £269 delivered in the uk which aint too bad.
I have also noticed it is a little cheaper to get boxes from Germany.most send via DHL and you get it the next day.One box i have seen quite cheap compared to the uk is the gigablue HD 800 quad you can get this for £189 plus £12-£16 delivery so as much as i like clone boxes
if you take a bit of time to shop around you will find loads of good genuine well supported linux E2 3.x out there for not a great deal more than a clone.

As a serial boxaholic i spend alot of time looking around and searching out boxes checking out all the prices.
as i posted before you can now get a genuine solo2 for £269 delivered in the uk which aint too bad.
I have also noticed it is a little cheaper to get boxes from Germany.most send via DHL and you get it the next day.One box i have seen quite cheap compared to the uk is the gigablue HD 800 quad you can get this for £189 plus £12-£16 delivery so as much as i like clone boxes
if you take a bit of time to shop around you will find loads of good genuine well supported linux E2 3.x out there for not a great deal more than a clone.

I totally Agree but as for the Gigablue its worth going an extra £40 for the Quad version which if you search can be had for £228 delivered which is near the same Specification as the Solo2

I totally Agree but as for the Gigablue its worth going an extra £40 for the Quad version which if you search can be had for £228 delivered which is near the same Specification as the Solo2

yes mate I was talking about the HD quad £189 plus delivery from Germany.
I have found it in the UK for £214 plus £12 delivery.

yes mate I was talking about the HD quad £189 plus delivery from Germany.
I have found it in the UK for £214 plus £12 delivery.

AH! ok its just that you typed Gigablue 800 Quad and i always thought the Quad was just known as the Gigablue Quad, If you have seen it at £189 thats one hell of a bargain as the cheapest i can find is as i said £228

AH! ok its just that you typed Gigablue 800 Quad and i always thought the Quad was just known as the Gigablue Quad, If you have seen it at £189 thats one hell of a bargain as the cheapest i can find is as i said £228

I use a great search engine called "skint flint".You need to put in all your preferences and you can find heaps of bargins.
sent you a PM with link.

Just wanted to add the problems I've been having with the plugin's for my box have been fixed! ...I didn't know you had to restart enigma2 after installing them :doh: So i'm a happy camper and will be sticking with ViX 802 :proud:

Still no signs of any fixes for this box then.. There appears to be no backing or software support. At least with other supported clones patched images are made available even where anti clone measures cannot be directly defeated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I've not been able to find who is behind these, it just seems as they appeared on the market and that's that very much like the clone of clone Duos that seemed to pop up a while ago.

Still available pretty cheap for the spec they've got, as long as people are happy sticking to older images. In a lot of cases there's no real need to update images anyway I just update images because I like to tinker and see what's changed.

Still available pretty cheap for the spec they've got, as long as people are happy sticking to older images. In a lot of cases there's no real need to update images anyway I just update images because I like to tinker and see what's changed.

I just bit the bullet and ordered one..as you say you can not ignore the specs..not to fussed about update as long as it does the job.
I too am a serial tinkerer and flasher of BOXES so going to be hard for me to resist..But will have a good play and see where it goes
I did stumble across a forum dedicated to solo2 clones but can not find it now.....

Does anyone know what date of openpli 4 image is good to flash.?on a clone.

someone's even took the time to make a youtube video of the solo2 clone.
P.S nice music for it as well...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Just noticed that if you do a software update rather than a firmware upgrade, you get the latest firmware on a clone (using vix, blackhole not tried). I'm now running 808, latest image. Try this at your own risk, I did it by accident!.

Just noticed that if you do a software update rather than a firmware upgrade, you get the latest firmware on a clone (using vix, blackhole not tried). I'm now running 808, latest image. Try this at your own risk, I did it by accident!.

Hi so you are saying flash vix 802 then do a update from menu/set up/software update. within the box and it will update to 808 no problems..???

Back