Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

It does look to me like they've really ripped off the original this time.

I've had a quick look around the 40 thieves site and there are loads of people off loading these.

To me it seems a no brainer, if you want a twin tuner clone sat box then forget the Duo and get the Solo2 and you'll also indirectly be giving the ferarri team who need a kick in the nads a kick in the nads.

A few questions from me if you wouldn't mind (Not directed at 'Iamathief' specifically so anyone please feel free to respond)

1) What's the '40 thieves site' please? Feel free to pm me if listing websites isn't allowed on the forum.

2) As these boxes aren't 'Ferrari sim boxes' who makes these and who provides support for these clone boxes going forwards? For example, if something needs upgrading who send outs the firware revision?

3) From what I understand these boxes do not have sim cards or boot loaders. Is that right and why is that? (I only have experience with the dreambox clone so far so Im just trying to understand this box properly)

4) What's everyone got against the Ferrari team? When ever I have had issues on my dreambox I have found their forum to be really useful and people on there helpful. Am I missing something or not aware of something here?

regards

A few questions from me if you wouldn't mind (Not directed at 'Iamathief' specifically so anyone please feel free to respond)

1) What's the '40 thieves site' please? Feel free to pm me if listing websites isn't allowed on the forum.

2) As these boxes aren't 'Ferrari sim boxes' who makes these and who provides support for these clone boxes going forwards? For example, if something needs upgrading who send outs the firware revision?

3) From what I understand these boxes do not have sim cards or boot loaders. Is that right and why is that? (I only have experience with the dreambox clone so far so Im just trying to understand this box properly)

4) What's everyone got against the Ferrari team? When ever I have had issues on my dreambox I have found their forum to be really useful and people on there helpful. Am I missing something or not aware of something here?

regards
this is the site they tell u to go to upgrade pal

VuPlus

Hello Paddy Bhoy. Hows tricks m8. Had ma Chinese Solo2 running for about a week now. This thing is rapid about 30 secs to boot from scratch running Blackhole 2.0.6. Runs a dream & the speed is unbelievable. Been running a week alongside an original Vu Duo 500gb internal HDD. Im swaying towards the solo2 great box. Hope it lasts lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Awright Ned, got wan coming is week, Gonny compare it too my original, stick bh 208 on it put image on at kingdom, back up yir personal settings first

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Anyone fancy trying the latest Blackhole image on there Clone Box V2.0.8 as it appears new drivers where released yesterday for all the VU series of receivers, This will be a good test to see if the Clones can handle the newer drivers

regards

It's not known at this point which team is responsible for the solo2 clone.. Also not clear who supports or updates them, or even if they will be supported..

They will have a bootloader , but no sim card the sim was a dreambox specific security measure. Vu Recievers have a onboard security chip I think it was asic based. Clones like the Ferrari duo had a lower spec security module that tried to emulate the asic in originals..

Ferrari team have a history of poor support and making up bulls**t. This dates back to dm800hd clones ferarri had poor hardware (dodgy tuners with hd glitching, no fans causing overheating etc) and poor support. When the sim2 team came onto the scene the game changed the hardware was better support was rapid. Ferrari team then took over the chineese clone forum by paying them sponsorship and banned all discussion of sim2 products.. they also used to wait for sim2 team to fix issues I.e SSL boot loaders then copy their work for use in Ferrari products. Then look at Ferrari vu clones.. Poor psu units, noisy fans. Underspecced security module requiring soldering and hardware upgrade to run new images..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It's not known at this point which team is responsible for the solo2 clone.. Also not clear who supports or updates them, or even if they will be supported..

They will have a bootloader , but no sim card the sim was a dreambox specific security measure. Vu Recievers have a onboard security chip I think it was asic based. Clones like the Ferrari duo had a lower spec security module that tried to emulate the asic in originals..

Ferrari team have a history of poor support and making up bulls**t. This dates back to dm800hd clones ferarri had poor hardware (dodgy tuners with hd glitching, no fans causing overheating etc) and poor support. When the sim2 team came onto the scene the game changed the hardware was better support was rapid. Ferrari team then took over the chineese clone forum by paying them sponsorship and banned all discussion of sim2 products.. they also used to wait for sim2 team to fix issues I.e SSL boot loaders then copy their work for use in Ferrari products. Then look at Ferrari vu clones.. Poor psu units, noisy fans. Underspecced security module requiring soldering and hardware upgrade to run new images..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Exactly gsm

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

The reason I don't like the ferarri team is that they seem to treat their customers with a certain amount of disdain, almost forgetting that the customers are effectively the hands that feed. Their support has been lack lustre, look how long v3.2 of their firmware took to come out and it's now almost 6 months since there has been talk of an updated firmware but all you get is it's being tested.

In terms of the duo, the PSUs are dodgy and they seem to have no qualms in stating that it should be replaced if the box starts exhibiting problems but then don't really offer where to get a replacement from. The remotes for the duo are also in my opinion dodgy, the central pad is just crap. And lets not forget the debacle of their security chip update where they requested emails then did nothing for months but again offered no real explanations.

Apart from the above they are not that bad :)

don't use the Latest images the new drivers have clone protection

Which is the best image to use? Just bought a solo2 clone and I don't want to mess the box up.

here is my convo with supplier

I only saw the software
[07:12:58] Clara Huang: (sun)
[07:14:18] paddy mitchell: me too,lol
[07:16:26] paddy mitchell: i use this site for my images will it be ok on your box, Vu+ Solo2 Black Hole Images | VuPlus Community
[07:35:16] Clara Huang: yes, dear
[07:35:18] Clara Huang: you can
[07:36:30] Clara Huang: Dear, yes, the website is www.vuplus-community
[07:36:34] Clara Huang: I mixed it
[07:38:23] paddy mitchell: tut,tut
[07:39:36] Clara Huang: (happy)
[07:39:42] Clara Huang: yes, it is the truth
[07:39:55] Clara Huang: I also wonder why I always saying vuplus.com
[07:40:00] Clara Huang: anyway, it is oaky
[07:40:03] Clara Huang: :(
[07:49:06] paddy mitchell: thats the news i wanted to here, couldnt be bothered having to wait for patched images when there is a update
[07:49:35] Clara Huang: yes, you can rest assure that
[07:57:53] paddy mitchell: many thanks have a good night
[07:58:48] Clara Huang: you too
[09:29:56] paddy mitchell: hi clara the drivers in blackhole 2.08 have clone protection will it still be ok to use dont want to damage box
[10:12:46] Clara Huang: yes, our box support all the originals can do
[10:12:52] Clara Huang: you can rest assure that
[10:13:34] paddy mitchell: cheers
Clara Huang

opinions on a postcard,lol

@paddymitch are you telling us about the box or your flirting lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back