Anyone got the Chinese VU+ Solo2

Hi folks, just done an enquiry with the following:link removed through Alibaba.
Got the followng quote,
I'm Angelina, is a sales manager.
Our price, quality assurance.
Warranty. Transport and quick.
Our main products are:Vu Solo Enigma 2 Linux Twin Tuner DVB-S HD Receiver High Quality VU+Solo 2

$80/pcs
Looking forward to your early reply
Thank you
Angelina

Anybody any dealing with this person.

Warranty ?. Funniest thing i have seen in weeks.

just a update lads

got my box and it came with black hole image on it but I put a vix image on it and then updated it and all working fine here

just a update lads

got my box and it came with black hole image on it but I put a vix image on it and then updated it and all working fine here

nice one :)

fancy uploading some pictures and giving us your initial thoughts? :)

Yeah pics would be good. Is the official release of vix your running?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am not that good to put pictures up here lol

as for thoughts if I did not know it was a clone I would never know like I say all working fine

the only little bug I did fine was in a/v settings with display 4:3 content its stuck on pillerbox and cant change it but think this is more a vix image problem than the box

I might try a few other images when I have back up this image but just using the box as it is now just to make she it works fine

I am happy with this box and for the money I paid for it I am very happy with it

So this thing is real, I too would like some pictures, cause the guys on the ferarri site are even claiming that the person they recommend, brandsat is probably going to con/scam you and send you a solo as there is no such thing as a clone solo2.

Sometimes that site is like a stuck record that can't see beyond the end of the stylus that's being used to play it.

So this thing is real, I too would like some pictures, cause the guys on the ferarri site are even claiming that the person they recommend, brandsat is probably going to con/scam you and send you a solo as there is no such thing as a clone solo2.

Sometimes that site is like a stuck record that can't see beyond the end of the stylus that's being used to play it.

Item 291033478380 on the bay may be a clone if you want pictures.

@paddymitch. Thanks for this. Clone looks good to me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin don't like attachment's elsewhere.

Attachments

• Solo2_Clone Identification.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 26

From what I understand, it doesnt take the Ferrari card at all. There is no sim card inside and they are not like Dreamboxes. Thats why the guys at Ferrari dont know anything about the box.

Thanks for the PDF, WOW, the clone is the clone-iest clone I've ever seen I think. It looks almost identical to the original except for what looks like some sort of SIM card in the top right on the motherboard.

Indeed the clone does look pretty well put together and almost identical to the original no dodgy soldering on the board etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It does look to me like they've really ripped off the original this time.

I've had a quick look around the 40 thieves site and there are loads of people off loading these.

To me it seems a no brainer, if you want a twin tuner clone sat box then forget the Duo and get the Solo2 and you'll also indirectly be giving the ferarri team who need a kick in the nads a kick in the nads.

Back