Almost another species?

danforth

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got on the bus this afternoon, the bottom deck was crowded, only the crap seats over the wheel arches left, so I climbed the stairs.
At the top, I sat down just back of the stairway, it was mostly empty up there, idly looking out of the window.
Waiting at the next stop, I saw an animated weirdo, 20's at a glance, phone jammed to one ear, other arm waving about.
That sinking feeling you get, suspecting where he's going to sit, but not being able to work out exactly how it'll happen!
It didn't last long, the conversation continued to the top of the stairs, the bus set off with a jerk, and he flopped alongside.
That mystery put to rest, I went back to looking outside, half listening to his end of the conversation, sprinkled with "goes" and "went"s.
Thinking back, I was probably wriggling a bit trying not to laugh too much.......is there something wrong with "said" ?

A volume increase, and a gust on my ear and neck, got more attention:-

It sounded like "A went like it wa gifted wannit know what a mean" (all said as one word, decryption took a few seconds).

Turning towards him, it dawned he was still talking on the phone, but leaning towards me, trying to look out through the same window.
While I was still trying not to laugh, (he must have thought I was deranged, or might throw up), he got up and sat somewhere behind.
Off he got at the next stop (not very far, don't know why he bothered) glaring at me still semi chuckling, as he went past.

So, I'm guessing he left thinking I'm a geriatric, possibly drunken, nutter........ I'm thinking he's a near baboon!
I'm reasonably sure we've both got the wrong snapshot impression, but will he ever know that!
Generation/s gap, irrecoverable bad education handed down, TV, too much social networking, you name it....?

So much for my efforts to "get out more" as I'm told, now, hopefully, the monsoon season is over.
It's not typical (yet) but if devolution can seem to happen this fast, and we live longer, we won't have much in common.:)

@D 8 RCS

Like + Dislike = I don't know?....... Never mind, made my day, I have many similar moments!:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to know lol

Not sure what you mean (as usual).:Biggrin2: If you mean my similar moments, the last one was the bus trip above.

Part way to the bus stop, it dawned I was still wearing carpet slippers, having missed my wife's normal exit scrutiny.:)

Not sure what you mean (as usual).:Biggrin2: If you mean my similar moments, the last one was the bus trip above.

Part way to the bus stop, it dawned I was still wearing carpet slippers, having missed my wife's normal exit scrutiny.:)

I'm back on form @D 8 RCS so how can you 'like' and 'dislike'???
@danforth - exit scrutiny? I'd be having words pmsl

I'm back on form @D 8 RCS so how can you 'like' and 'dislike'???
@danforth - exit scrutiny? I'd be having words pmsl

Nearly back on form, thought you might pick up on "wife's normal exit scrutiny".:Biggrin2:

Maybe you did, I can never really be sure, part of the fun.:)

@D 8 RCS

Like + Dislike = I don't know?....... Never mind, made my day, I have many similar moments!:LOL:

Took me a moment to realise, sorry !
As I said on another thread that I c*cked up (it's been removed now.......Thanks Mods !) I'm afraid I've been having a few unclarified moments just recently, I'm sure I'll be back to normal service resumed soon. In the mean time excuse me if you see any other "Doh" moments from me else where on here for a day or two.

Took me a moment to realise, sorry !
As I said on another thread that I c*cked up (it's been removed now.......Thanks Mods !) I'm afraid I've been having a few unclarified moments just recently, I'm sure I'll be back to normal service resumed soon. In the mean time excuse me if you see any other "Doh" moments from me else where on here for a day or two.

No problem whatsoever!......... Glad it settled in the right direction.

I only commented because I do similar things, so many times lately. As compensation I soon completely forget all about it.:Biggrin2:

Erm, @danforth. Why are you replying? I never posted? Oh! I'll get my Costa, erm, warm thingy ;)

Know what you mean nara my brains hurting as well reading this lol
On the offchance you really don't understand it, D8RCS clicked both Like and Dislike buttons on my first post.

I was curious to know which one applied, and didn't know until the Dislike disappeared, following Mod intervention at D8RCS's request.
The rest wouldn't make any sense, without you knew that. And if it's a wind from you two, I've fallen for it again !:LOL:

No worries. As you said before @D 8 RCS we all get 'em! @danforth, I got it ;)

I got one yesterday,its going to cost me about 500 euro to put right :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

A car was part blocking the driveway so made it a bit awkward to get in, it was doable, have done it before, but had a senior moment and took eye off the ball, so clipped pillar, badly :(

Mind you pillar is fine, car body not so much, first ever accident for me,

I hate pillars lol

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

A car was part blocking the driveway so made it a bit awkward to get in, it was doable, have done it before, but had a senior moment and took eye off the ball, so clipped pillar, badly :(

I hate pillars lol

OUCH !!!

Would either of these help ? ** FAIL ** Car Decal, Vinyl, Drift Sticker, Dent, Scratch | eBay
Dent JDM Drift VW Track Car Vinyl Sticker Graphic Decal | eBay

Sorry.:Sorry:

I hate pillars lol

I had one in 2012, first where I was completely to blame. Bodywork is horrendously expensive (or appears so via insurance).
According to the main dealer repairer, mine cost £3000 ish, only paid £4650 for the car 7 months earlier, surprised they didn't write it off.
Excellent repair though, couldn't tell the difference. I had a protected NCB, but the loss of pride stung a bit.
Hope you don't have another, but at least it won't be the first, not much consolation.:(

Back