advise please new tm500 super

ok mate i have just updated mine
im using 3.2 version
what storage path have you u can use temp or if you have a nas drive send to there
you have set to uk and epg background audio you may have to go onto this channel to set it in the gui screen
it should get then get all info and summeries then blue to save it
see how you go
ive just got 4700 ish titles and 4400 ish summeries

i have week epg v3.30-28/2/2010 by max z4
do i need a special channel list? because i am not sure which one i have on and i have edited it for yorkshire regional bbc and itv

i have the epg stored in the /temp/ folder,

Last edited:
i have week epg v3.30-28/2/2010 by max z4
do i need a special channel list? because i am not sure which one i have on and i have edited it for yorkshire regional bbc and itv

i have the epg stored in the /temp/ folder,

no special channel list can not remember who mines from i think it could be downloaded or possibly flip flops
if i remember i think 3.3 did have some issues they maybe fixed now but as 3.2 worked i stuck to it
maybe worth hard rebooting the box having another go and if it fails try again with the 3.2 version as i can safely say it works for me

no special channel list can not remember who mines from i think it could be downloaded or possibly flip flops
if i remember i think 3.3 did have some issues they maybe fixed now but as 3.2 worked i stuck to it
maybe worth hard rebooting the box having another go and if it fails try again with the 3.2 version as i can safely say it works for me

no,still not got there
i have put your v3.2 on and still can not get any summaries.
i have it set up exactly as digidudes tut apart from i have bbc radio 2 selected so all i get is what is on and that is only for today,i think i am going to factory reset and start again.

no,still not got there
i have it set up exactly as digidudes tut apart from i have bbc radio 2 selected so all i get is what is on and that is only for today,i think i am going to factory reset and start again.

also i want to access my tm500 from outside of my lan
can this be done or not?
ifso is there any guides anywhere on the forum
thanks.

no,still not got there

also i want to access my tm500 from outside of my lan
can this be done or not?
ifso is there any guides anywhere on the forum
thanks.

bbc radio2 is the problem if you are selecting that to get your info you will not get it from that station
it used to be hip hop
now it is epg background audio you have to select this station if it is not in your radio channels list you will have to use db edit to change it from a data stream to a radio stream
it was in my radio list
i think how i got there after demise of hip hop was selected that channel to view so to speak then opened week epg to update made sure that was in the chanel box with uk selected then load and save you should get the info using that channel i tried bbc1 and got the lists but no summeries so iy does need to be epg background audio
you will get there in the end
to acess your box from outside the lan you need a fixed ip add and need to foward port on your router someone with more knowledge on this could help as sometimes if you open a port you have no protection on the network may help looking in the computer section for a little info on that

bbc radio2 is the problem if you are selecting that to get your info you will not get it from that station
it used to be hip hop
now it is epg background audio you have to select this station if it is not in your radio channels list you will have to use db edit to change it from a data stream to a radio stream
it was in my radio list
i think how i got there after demise of hip hop was selected that channel to view so to speak then opened week epg to update made sure that was in the chanel box with uk selected then load and save you should get the info using that channel i tried bbc1 and got the lists but no summeries so iy does need to be epg background audio
you will get there in the end
to acess your box from outside the lan you need a fixed ip add and need to foward port on your router someone with more knowledge on this could help as sometimes if you open a port you have no protection on the network may help looking in the computer section for a little info on that

thanks mate,you are a great help,i have not got "epg background audio" in my radio channel list
i will look into putting a new channel list maybe tonedeff's list

thanks for the advise and i will post on the computer section.

no probs mate do not think tone deff has updated channel list for a long while maybe worth checking out the channel downloads in the ur blue panel
i think i have sgt flip flops on mine but you could just do a scan
and have db edit on pc send channels to dbedit change from a data stream to even a tv channel this sounds complicated but it isn't you can add bbc i player streams this way sky sports red button and sky box office the same way
we are alwaya here to guide ya remember to back up first though

ok update,thanks to halfman halflager
the data "epg background audio" was not stored in my channels list.
went into dreambox edit and in the services tab clicked radio
then next to it selected astra 2a/b/d 28.2
then across to bouquets and clicked on bskys
scrolled down until i found epg background audio
clicked and held to drag it to radio in bouquets
reboot stb.

I have channel list tonedeffs17/4/11 test all installed
thanks to all.
great forum.
great support.

glad to have helped
you got there in the end and this is what we call the learning curve when it still keeps going wrong you wanna throw the box out the window but when you get it working you have that glow of success and reward your self with a beer for your nifty handywork
its all fun

i have been putting lines into the tm500 through the mini web.
is there a way of putting line in without turning the tm500 off so i do not disrupt the other stb,s on my network?
thanks in advance.

i have been putting lines into the tm500 through the mini web.
is there a way of putting line in without turning the tm500 off so i do not disrupt the other stb,s on my network?
thanks in advance.

yep 2 simple ways if on your home network and pc are on
use notepad and enter your lines on this save on desktop or whatever easy access file you use
then log in with your ftp software dcc or whatever you use
browse through the directories var/etc/cccam cfg (or which ever directory you need to get to )
open and edit with your new lines copy and pasted from the notepad you saved earlier
save and exit
job done viewers may get a few blips you may ar may not have to reboot your box to get them going i normally reboot
my fav way as im propably not normal
go into menu and use tuxbox commander with the handset browse to the same folders as above and press 4 to edit and then using the remote pop in your details
if you are near to the box saves turning on the pc may be a bit longer to do if you have several lines but quick and simple for one line
hope this helps

yep 2 simple ways if on your home network and pc are on
use notepad and enter your lines on this save on desktop or whatever easy access file you use
then log in with your ftp software dcc or whatever you use
browse through the directories var/etc/cccam cfg (or which ever directory you need to get to )
open and edit with your new lines copy and pasted from the notepad you saved earlier
save and exit
job done viewers may get a few blips you may ar may not have to reboot your box to get them going i normally reboot
my fav way as im propably not normal
go into menu and use tuxbox commander with the handset browse to the same folders as above and press 4 to edit and then using the remote pop in your details
if you are near to the box saves turning on the pc may be a bit longer to do if you have several lines but quick and simple for one line
hope this helps

thanks for the info halfman halflager.
i have been trying to put commands into tm500 via the network/pc method
i open filezille and open the document with my info that i want to put into tm500.
examples
N: digiwrld.dyndns.org 12000 1234 abcd 01-14
C: digiwrld.dyndns.org 12000 1234 abcd
which folder do i put them in?
also
server listen port 45000
F: user1 pass1
the top 2 are my box as client and the bottom 2 are my box as server
the trouble i am having is where do i put the files?
just not sure what i open on the right hand side of filezilla to put the different cmnds in.
hope this makes to mate.

not used filezilla so can not help you with that one i am a wierd one and tend to use my linux mepis os that i use and use konquerer to view the files and if i need to change file it opens with a text editor i write info in and save .
have you tried dreambox control centre to ftp
only thing i can think off is on the right if you send it you could overwrite the folder on the right ie delete all thats all ready there so tread with care
try writing the lines out on note pad and save as lines on desktop
go into file on left hand side and if you have edit option use that you may just have to copy and paste the lines in and save and exit i am sure thats how i used dcc it is dangerous to transfer files and folders as you will overwrite what is there
if you have problems with filezilla try dcc
i can not think what file browser you would use in windows to ftp tp box could be windows explorer or internet explorer then in the search bar type ftp://then your box ip if asked for password it is the one
have you tried remote method using tuxbox commander i know i said im wierd but i find this easyiest

not used filezilla so can not help you with that one i am a wierd one and tend to use my linux mepis os that i use and use konquerer to view the files and if i need to change file it opens with a text editor i write info in and save .
have you tried dreambox control centre to ftp
only thing i can think off is on the right if you send it you could overwrite the folder on the right ie delete all thats all ready there so tread with care
try writing the lines out on note pad and save as lines on desktop
go into file on left hand side and if you have edit option use that you may just have to copy and paste the lines in and save and exit i am sure thats how i used dcc it is dangerous to transfer files and folders as you will overwrite what is there
if you have problems with filezilla try dcc
i can not think what file browser you would use in windows to ftp tp box could be windows explorer or internet explorer then in the search bar type ftp://then your box ip if asked for password it is the one
have you tried remote method using tuxbox commander i know i said im wierd but i find this easyiest
thanks for your reply halfman halflager,i am at a total standstill atm because i can not get my head round the file tranfers
i have got filzille,dreambox control center and tm loader and not forgetting tuxbox and mini web.
looking around at the moment for tutorials that i can follow to sort file tranfers and understand what i am doing.
digidude has done alot of guides but have not seen one for file tranfers.
if you know of any threads that come into this category then i would be gratefull of any links,i will get there in the end but my head is a shed atm with this.
thanks for your advise and support.

navigate to your var/etc folder in the right hand pane using filezilla,
in there you will find CCcam.cfg file,
right click on said file and chose view/edit,
file will now open in default editor and you can then enter or edit your info as you chose,

If you want to be safe you can always chose download from the right click menu and it will copy it to whatever pc folder is open in the left hand pane,
then you can edit it as above on the box and if it goes wrong then just transfer the one on your pc back to your box ;)

file will now open in default editor and you can then enter or edit your info as you chose,

If you want to be safe you can always chose download from the right click menu and it will copy it to whatever pc folder is open in the left hand pane,
then you can edit it as above on the box and if it goes wrong then just transfer the one on your pc back to your box ;)

thanks for your reply wiz,you make it sound easy!!
i am sure once i have done it properly a couple of times and known how i did it then i will have more confidence.
will look into your advise
thanks

thanks for your reply wiz,you make it sound easy!!
i am sure once i have done it properly a couple of times and known how i did it then i will have more confidence.
will look into your advise
thanks

Believe me I was exactly the same as you m8 once upon a time,
It will all become much clearer once you start doing it :)

i am trying to change the box key
as far as i can see filezilla and tuxbox do the same thing
click var-tuxbox-config-newcs.xml
there i see my boxkey but can not see a way of editing it/can it be edited from there,i can do it easily from miniweb but not from tuxbox or filezilla
am i missing something?
thanks.

If using filezilla then you need to right click and choose edit ;)

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

If using filezilla then you need to right click and choose edit ;)

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

hi wiz,when i right click on filezille it then open in another window with a security warning about active x controls
do i just ignore the warning as it says my computer might be at risk.

Back