advise please new tm500 super

Ftp is when you connect to the box, once ftped you can browse the folders in the box and edit/add the appropriate files.

You need to fixate an ip on the box so you can connect directley to it, using the fixated ip.

Have you a fixated ip on the technomate ? If not....Press lan on the technomate controls and disable DHCP. Make sure you no your routers IP submask i.e 192.168.(1).X and then give the technomate an ip in that range i.e 192.168.1.10 then do the other settings in lan that your router uses and save.

Then if you have windows 7, have a search for the windows 7 ftp guide and ftp into your box.

WOW,this is doing my head in!! i hope "fixated ip" means "static ip"?
i have a static ip
i can ftp my tm500 through dreambox edit but that is all.
I think i am missing something but do not know what it is.
any advise will be greatfully recieved.

You need to use an ftp program like filezilla ;)

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

easymo what are you trying to do mate
if you can log in with the ftp software or dreambox edit all you need to do is trans the file over
have you unzipped unrared the file you want to transfer ?
are you logging in ok with dcc
i ftp using web broser i use linux mepis os and konquerer web browser and log in like so
ftp://192.***.*.* in the location box use whatever the ip address of your box is you will get asked for user and password the same as dcc
i think you can do this in windows if dcc giving problems with password try ie or windows explorer i can not remember which one
any other probs get back be here for half hour

You need to use an ftp program like filezilla ;)

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

thanks wiz,i have got filezila up and running just not sure which file i put the software into,if i put it in the wrong file will i corrupt the whole box,thanks in advance.

one more thing is dreambox edit the same sort of thing as filezilla for the tm500? thanks.

Last edited:
thanks wiz,i have got filezila up and running just not sure which file i put the software into,if i put it in the wrong file will i corrupt the whole box,thanks in advance.

one more thing is dreambox edit the same sort of thing as filezilla for the tm500? thanks.

what file are you trying to put where mate maybe i can guide ya
i take it you have unzipped unrarred it

Ok make sure you have the unzipped myserver.info file in the lefthand window in filezilla and that you are in the var/etc folder on the right hand side,

then just right click the myserver.info file and select upload,job done :)
you may need to reboot for it to show under the blue button menu i cant remember ;)

As for dreambox edit,its just really for transferring channel lists and editing them either on or off the box.

easymo what are you trying to do mate
if you can log in with the ftp software or dreambox edit all you need to do is trans the file over
have you unzipped unrared the file you want to transfer ?
are you logging in ok with dcc
i ftp using web broser i use linux mepis os and konquerer web browser and log in like so
ftp://192.***.*.* in the location box use whatever the ip address of your box is you will get asked for user and password the same as dcc
i think you can do this in windows if dcc giving problems with password try ie or windows explorer i can not remember which one
any other probs get back be here for half hour

sorry mate,i was trying to put tonedeff blue panel on,but could not get my head around it
downloaded filezilla and now got it on stb,so that is another job done.
next will follow digidudes tut on set up of a server,can you tell me how many
clients a tm 500 can have without any problems

just trying to follow digidudes tut on tm 500 as server,as i have a DYNDNS account.
Is there a way of using it with the tm500?
my external ip changes now and then but with DYNDNS i have dynamic dns enabled on bt home hub 2 router so when the external ip changes it updates my account.
C: 211.144.178.211 45000 user1 pass1 is digi,s example
could i use
easymo3.dyndns-free.com 45000 user1 pass1

easymo3.dyndns-free.com is linked to my external ip and have used it with a spiderbox the same way i want to use it with the tm500
could i put C:easymo3.dyndns-free.com 4500 user1 pass1

Last edited:
just trying to follow digidudes tut on tm 500 as server,as i have a DYNDNS account.
Is there a way of using it with the tm500?
my external ip changes now and then but with DYNDNS i have dynamic dns enabled on bt home hub 2 router so when the external ip changes it updates my account.
C: 211.144.178.211 45000 user1 pass1 is digi,s example
could i use
easymo3.dyndns-free.com 45000 user1 pass1

easymo3.dyndns-free.com is linked to my external ip and have used it with a spiderbox the same way i want to use it with the tm500
could i put C:easymo3.dyndns-free.com 4500 user1 pass1

Yes m8 thats the correct way to do it ;)

Yes m8 thats the correct way to do it ;)

OH NO i it looks like i have somehow (not got a clue how) factory reset the stb
it must have been something that happened in mini web
might take me a while to get back to where i was
is there way of saving data so if this happens again i do not have to go back to factory stb?

OH NO i it looks like i have somehow (not got a clue how) factory reset the stb
it must have been something that happened in mini web
might take me a while to get back to where i was
is there way of saving data so if this happens again i do not have to go back to factory stb?

A factory reset will just revert the var folder and all its contents back to default,
you wont lose the image itself just all your settings so in essence you could just take a copy of your var folder using ftp :)

A factory reset will just revert the var folder and all its contents back to default,
you wont lose the image itself just all your settings so in essence you could just take a copy of your var folder using ftp :)
nice one m8,i have just started bloody walking and you want me to sprint lol.
got it back though just through reinstalling everything
it only took 15 mins instead of 3 days and now got my server up and running through my dyndns account.
spider as client on cam 2.1.4 as good as having a card in on hops 1

also make/keep regular backup via the miniweb, atleast if anything screws up you can re-flash to the recent backup you have

just playing around with the remote on tm500
i press lan and it brings up communication page and i see "mounts" on the yellow button,can somebody please enlighten me as to what that is for and will i have any cause to use it?

i am trying to follow digidudes tut on installing the 8 day epg for tm500
i can follow everything upto putting hiphop on the radio setting as i can not find it in the radio channels list.
i just put radio1 there instead but when i try and download the epg it says
titles found 0 summaries found 0
can somebody please tell where i am going wrong.
thanks

hip hop radio not used now not near my tm 9100 but i am sure it is epg background audio or something like that will check in a bit and post back if that one does not work

hip hop radio not used now not near my tm 9100 but i am sure it is epg background audio or something like that will check in a bit and post back if that one does not work

you are right mate,i was not getting any titles because the lnb feed was in my spiderbox!! although i now have 6704 titles i still have 0 summaries so i must be doing something wrong,any ideas please,thanks for your help.

could be a 500 has no usb or hd installed to save i will double check the station again as on my 9100 it gets them and saves them to hd

just playing around with the remote on tm500
i press lan and it brings up communication page and i see "mounts" on the yellow button,can somebody please enlighten me as to what that is for and will i have any cause to use it?

You would use mounts to connect to a shared folder on your pc for recording or storing EPG data.

i am trying to follow digidudes tut on installing the 8 day epg for tm500
i can follow everything upto putting hiphop on the radio setting as i can not find it in the radio channels list.
i just put radio1 there instead but when i try and download the epg it says
titles found 0 summaries found 0
can somebody please tell where i am going wrong.
thanks

EPG background station is the one you want

you are right mate,i was not getting any titles because the lnb feed was in my spiderbox!! although i now have 6704 titles i still have 0 summaries so i must be doing something wrong,any ideas please,thanks for your help.

Not too sure m8 as I use Tonedeff's Multi EPG so you may have to wait for someone else's answer on that one :)

ok mate i have just updated mine
im using 3.2 version
what storage path have you u can use temp or if you have a nas drive send to there
you have set to uk and epg background audio you may have to go onto this channel to set it in the gui screen
it should get then get all info and summeries then blue to save it
see how you go
ive just got 4700 ish titles and 4400 ish summeries

Back