Manchester United thread

Either way we can ill afford to take as long to replace VDS as we did replacing the great dane that was a time of some right jokers in goal. Mark Bosnich lmfao and then that mental patient from France.

lol mental patient
dont forget the roy 'clown' caroll, van der howler, and the absolute shambles that was taibi.

lol mental patient
dont forget the roy 'clown' caroll, van der howler, and the absolute shambles that was taibi.

Caroll was decent wernt he

Oh wait...................
article-0-01F87AA20000044D-158_468x339.jpg

:Laugh:

Caroll was decent wernt he

Oh wait...................
article-0-01F87AA20000044D-158_468x339.jpg

:Laugh:

That was classic.

To be fair to him in that incident, if he hadn't reacted the way he did, it may have been given as a goal, he just got on with as if nothing happened....lol

No sense trying to get a new Schmeicel, it will never happen, they broke the mould after him. VDS came close but still wasn't in the same class.

Patrice Evra comments after Wigan game:

"I don't think my son was even born the last time I scored a goal for United," Evra joked.

"It was a good cross from my best friend Ji-sung Park, I think maybe I'll get him a big present for Christmas, maybe a car."

Pointless post but i found it funny so thought it fun to share.

Patrice Evra comments after Wigan game:

"I don't think my son was even born the last time I scored a goal for United," Evra joked.

"It was a good cross from my best friend Ji-sung Park, I think maybe I'll get him a big present for Christmas, maybe a car."

Pointless post but i found it funny so thought it fun to share.

Think Shrek is off his Christmas card list though...:proud:

Think Shrek is off his Christmas card list though...:proud:

dont he think he'd be on yours if he implied to you that you're not good enough or ambitious enough lol :proud:

get rid of the chav, we dont need him....

all in all a great week in terms of results, closest rivals lose and we pick up 3 points with a below par performance... how carrick keeps on getting into the team is beyond me! where the hell has anderson disappeared? hasnt played in a good few games and cant find anything in relation to an injury.....

also berba wasnt injured... fergie said after the game yesterday that he had just left him out and wanted different options/variations on the bench......

You always have spoke your mind NL7, I will give you that...:proud:

Personally I think you will need Shrek if you really want to win the league, although Hernandez has gave you a different option now.

I think Berb plays better with Shrek in the team, so why Fergie didn't have him in squad is a mystery if he wasn't actually injured.

btw...Anderson is a telly tubby...:proud:

dont he think he'd be on yours if he implied to you that you're not good enough or ambitious enough lol :proud:

get rid of the chav, we dont need him....

all in all a great week in terms of results, closest rivals lose and we pick up 3 points with a below par performance... how carrick keeps on getting into the team is beyond me! where the hell has anderson disappeared? hasnt played in a good few games and cant find anything in relation to an injury.....

also berba wasnt injured... fergie said after the game yesterday that he had just left him out and wanted different options/variations on the bench......

Lol mate he's not injured Anderson cant last 90 minutes unless he's having 3 courses and the waiters on a go slow. Thats why Carricks in the team lmao at least the useless git put's a shift in.

How on earth do we not need Rooney have you seen how bad weve been.

How on earth do we not need Rooney have you seen how bad weve been.

seriously m8 in my opinion we dont need him... we've been bad in games because of useless defending and a terrible lack of productivity from the midfield. bar nani, as a whole, the entire midfield have been a shambles! and the defence has been just as a bad! goal scoring hasnt been a problem, everyone's chipping in. if u look at where we have dropped points, apart from the 0-0 draws v city & sunderland, we have scored in every other game...

2-2 v fulham
3-3 v everton
2-2 v bolton
2-2 v west brom
2-2 v villa

should have won at least the fulham (missed pen, they scored 92nd min), everton (2 goals in injury time!) & west brom (home game, simple!) games.... coulda nicked the villa if we started playing a bit earlier than the last 10 mins... so for me goals isnt an issue and rooney can happily leave.

if we had a solid creative midfield, we wouldnt have a problem and we'd even see berba back to scoring instead of him always dropping deep to make things happen... said it before and i'll say it again, not a big fan of berba but i do feel sorry for him as the midfield just isnt providing him with any service whatsoever and for that reason he drops deep and on the wings to get involved....

as for carrick putting in a shift lol.... most dozy player i've seen in a while.. takes him ages to decide what to do with the ball when he gets it and by the time he decides, the ball's gone and we're in trouble... foookin fergie pissin around with ando's career.. if he's given the same time as carrick is given in the starting 11, he might start realising his potential...

seriously m8 in my opinion we dont need him... we've been bad in games because of useless defending and a terrible lack of productivity from the midfield. bar nani, as a whole, the entire midfield have been a shambles! and the defence has been just as a bad! goal scoring hasnt been a problem, everyone's chipping in. if u look at where we have dropped points, apart from the 0-0 draws v city & sunderland, we have scored in every other game...

2-2 v fulham
3-3 v everton
2-2 v bolton
2-2 v west brom
2-2 v villa

should have won at least the fulham (missed pen, they scored 92nd min), everton (2 goals in injury time!) & west brom (home game, simple!) games.... coulda nicked the villa if we started playing a bit earlier than the last 10 mins... so for me goals isnt an issue and rooney can happily leave.

if we had a solid creative midfield, we wouldnt have a problem and we'd even see berba back to scoring instead of him always dropping deep to make things happen... said it before and i'll say it again, not a big fan of berba but i do feel sorry for him as the midfield just isnt providing him with any service whatsoever and for that reason he drops deep and on the wings to get involved....

as for carrick putting in a shift lol.... most dozy player i've seen in a while.. takes him ages to decide what to do with the ball when he gets it and by the time he decides, the ball's gone and we're in trouble... foookin fergie pissin around with ando's career.. if he's given the same time as carrick is given in the starting 11, he might start realising his potential...

Entitled to your opinion and i know it's not the recent wage/prossy farce behind your opinion of Rooney as you have always stood by the fact that you dont rate him. But he is probably Utds best player imo and i really dont see anyone else in our squad who will consistently give you goal threat be it from a creative point of view or main striker. He also has fantastic work rate and desire although recently that part of his game has suffered badly with his bad form and clearly his head being turned elsewhere. I feel sure that if were to win No 19 then Rooneys presence will be key. He has also shown good attitude in his return to fitness having lost a stone in weight he looks leaner and just as powerful which brings me to my next point lol and that's the myth that is Anderson. The boy isnt injured nor playing in the reserves.
PhysioRoom.com English Premier League Injury Table
So where on god's earth is he ? Last match he played he looked overweight (still) and couldnt last the game, maybe this lad could take a leaf out of Rooneys book and lose some weight get fit and play his way into the team. As for Fergie ruining his career im not sure about that it's not really his management style that would be Rafa's speciality. Anderson is in control of his own destiny but if you want to play 1st team football at a top premier league club you cant be blowing like an old nag after 60 minutes and looking like as Jaffa truthfully put it a telly tubby.
I wont argue any point regarding Carrick as i think he's shit but due to Ando's no shows we are currently stuck with him or fuking Gibson. Hopefully now we have Rooney fit we can have either him or Berba coming deep to give that creative spark our midfield is so badly lacking without losing the spearhead of the attack.

Edit : Lindegaard undergoing medical at Utd

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6515350,00.html

Last edited:
United sign Danish goalkeeper

Soccer : Manchester United have completed the signing of goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard from Aalesunds. The 26-year-old passed a medical in Manchester earlier this week and has now signed a deal until 2014, after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.
Lindegaard will train with United from now, but he will not be eligible to play until the transfer window re-opens in January.
Alex Ferguson was delighted to get his man, commenting: "Anders is one of the brightest young 'keepers in the game.
"The challenge at Manchester United is always to look to the future and in Anders, we have signed a goalkeeper of great presence and even more promise. Having the time to train with him before he is registered will be an important period for him - almost like a pre season to get him integrated with the other players."
Lindegaard added: "Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. The club is such an institution in Denmark, it's an honour to come here. I'm looking forward to playing and training alongside some of the great players in football today.
"I can't wait to be part of this team and to make my contribution to keeping the team at the top of the game."

Source

Premier League - Berbatov bags five as United thrash Rovers

Sat, 27 Nov 16:53:00 2010
  • Manchester United destroyed Blackburn Rovers at Old Trafford with a 7-1 victory that sends them to the top of the Premier League table.

c88f4ec5c0d431181a9ab87085f27c0e.jpg
Related Links

Wayne Rooney made his first league start for the club in two months, but it was Dimitar Berbatov who answered his own critics emphatically by scoring five goals to end his 10-match scoring drought.
Berbatov claimed a brace in the first half - with Park Ji-sung adding another before the break - before the Bulgarian netted three more in the second half, with Nani also getting on the scoresheet.
The drubbing sends United back above Arsenal - who were briefly top following their earlier win at Aston Villa - and also Chelsea, who can return to the summit when they travel to Newcastle on Sunday.
United were ahead inside two minutes when Blackburn failed to clear their lines and Nani's cross was steered skilfully past Paul Robinson by Berbatov. It was the Bulgarian's first goal in 11 matches, since his hat-trick against Liverpool back in September.
Rooney and Berbatov continuously linked up well as United thoroughly dominated proceedings, and the inevitable second came midway through the half.
Park surged forward before finding Rooney on the edge of the D, and the England striker played a perfectly-weighted return pass into the Korean's path for him to lift a delightful finish over Robinson.
Rovers boss Sam Allardyce replaced the poor Herold Goulon with David Hoillett soon after, but the match was over as a contest when Berbatov gratefully received Pascal Chimbonda's woefully underhit back pass to fire in his second and United's third in the 27th minute.
Berbatov could have claimed his hat-trick just before the break when his mesmeric dribble into the area was halted by Michel Salgado's block, but referee Mark Clattenburg denied the appeals and the Spanish defender, already on a yellow card, stayed on the pitch.
As things panned out after the break, Salgado may wish he had been given his marching orders.
Just as he scored early in the first half, Berbatov scored again two minutes after the restart when he played a delightful ball out to Nani with the outside of his boot and continued his run. Nani teed Berbatov up with a square pass that he fired into the top corner to claim his hat-trick.
Nani then claimed one of his own right from the kick-off when he cut inside and curled a great finish into the far top corner.
The Portuguese was in electric form on the right wing, and he almost laid a chance on a plate for Rooney after another searing run, but Robinson was off his line to block the pass along the edge of the six-yard box.
Berbatov joined Alan Shearer, Jermain Defoe and former United striker Andy Cole in the club of men to score five goals in a single Premier League match when, after lashing the loose ball into the net after a cross rebounded off Park, he had an attempted pass blocked by Ryan Nelsen which bounced back to him, and he finished from a tight angle with aplomb.
Christopher Samba scored a consolation goal for Rovers with a header from Josh Morris's cross after hitting the bar seconds earlier, before Berbatov was denied becoming the first player to grab a six goals in a Premier League match when Robinson saved his header late on.
That was one of only two shots on target that United did not convert in an awesome display that extended their unbeaten season in fearsome fashion.
Tony Mabert / Eurosport

Just having Rooney fit and playing his legs of as usual makes all the difference for us and especially for Berbatov.

Its no surprise that hes bang on form as soon as his usual partner is back up front with him. Perfect time for a huge result against a usually much more difficult Blackburn side.

If we get Rooney back to even half the player last year and Berba and Nani keep playing, we will be right up there come end of the season. And if we keep Ferdinand and Vidic fit and playing together like they have been, cant see us dropping too much more points now (well at home anyway, lets get the away form sorted now).

Just having Rooney fit and playing his legs of as usual makes all the difference for us and especially for Berbatov.

Its no surprise that hes bang on form as soon as his usual partner is back up front with him. Perfect time for a huge result against a usually much more difficult Blackburn side.

If we get Rooney back to even half the player last year and Berba and Nani keep playing, we will be right up there come end of the season. And if we keep Ferdinand and Vidic fit and playing together like they have been, cant see us dropping too much more points now (well at home anyway, lets get the away form sorted now).
Firtsly what a weekend for us it really has been a crazy few weekends since we looked doomed on 80 minutes against Villa and look at us now lol top of the league. Chelsea again looked dire through the middle but i expect them to improve now Essiens bans over but spurs,utd and arsenal to play through December is never going to be easy.
@ imran Berba does look a different animal when rooney partners him and hats off to him for once again silencing the haters. As for rooney he looked more his old self the touch seems to be returning and the drive and invention is certainly back, just needs a goal from open play now to really see the confidence flood back. Anderson also looked hungry (no pun intended) and him and carrick bossed the midfield and with rooney dropping deep to give the holding 2 support and options we finally ran riot against a team that earlier we may have struggled to kill off. All in all with rooney threatning a bit of form and anderson finally reverting to the kind of performance that saw him keep scholes on the bench. Was hoping ando would step up this year and admit to being on the verge of giving up regarding his fitness etc, but on that performance he will get game time and maybe a run in the team which could be the making of him. And also carrick looks like the player from 2-3 seasons ago and ill say that despite my own opinion of him. Nani needs no mention as he really is becoming consistent quality, and his decision making is also on the up.

19 ?
it's on
very much ON

Cant believe I rushed home from a family funeral thing just to watch this carling cup match, cant really say i wasnt surprised with the squad that was put out there, when you leave out best performers in season so far (scholes, rooney, berbatov, nani, rafael, evra, vidic and even Park of late) you have a high chance of getting beat but this was just an embarassment.
How shocking has Evans been this season, and O'Shea really needs to left completely out of squad for while to get his act together.

Looks like Arsenal will finally lift some sort of silverware this season

Cant believe I rushed home from a family funeral thing just to watch this carling cup match, cant really say i wasnt surprised with the squad that was put out there, when you leave out best performers in season so far (scholes, rooney, berbatov, nani, rafael, evra, vidic and even Park of late) you have a high chance of getting beat but this was just an embarassment.
How shocking has Evans been this season, and O'Shea really needs to left completely out of squad for while to get his act together.

Looks like Arsenal will finally lift some sort of silverware this season

Tell me about it mate, got home settled in thought it will be a decent match. And to be honest, the side we had out was still a very good side. I've seen worse from us in the Carling Cup over the years but tonight was just dreadful.

At least it exposed Evans and O'shit for what they are. They are not manchester united standard and never will be. They can just about cope when they have either Ferdinand or Vidic next to them. Without anyone holding their hand they are just pathetic and this coming from me, someone who rarely if ever criticises his players but enough is enough.

The last thing I want to see is these two muppets doing the same in the premiership...again should I say.

All in all I dont think it was as much we fielded a weakened side rather a West Ham side who played us off the park and used this fixture to really get themselves up for the fight they are in.

At the end of the day a trophy is a trophy and I wouldnt disrespect the Carling Cup like some, its a shame after getting this far along. SAF decided to make that many changes. I think maybe one or two of the ten he rested could have done with some more time on the pitch ahead of a hectic December with some huge games.

West Ham defended very well and Utd didnt they were really poor goals to give away and i felt for fabio at times as he was a real positive. Utter shit jonny evans and im surprised he lasted so long before being subbed. Still it would have cheered up Norf Landan as Arsenals long wait for a trophy could finally be over now.

fantastic performance at the weekend.. it was about time we really gave someone a kicking! i thought nani, berba & anderson were absolutely sensational... anderson controlled that midfield with his surging runs and his passing was brilliant... saw a lot of that in his 1st season and now im hoping he's given a prolonged run in the 1st team.... credit to rooney, carrick & park who also played well....

cant actually believe we're top of the table. its been a terrible season to date in terms of performances & a few away results...

after blackpool on saturday, next 2 league games are arsenal @ home & chelsea away. hopefully we can pick up 3 wins and extend the gap at the top...

as for tuesday, what a shambles.... i was disappointed fergie decided to make so many changes. he should have put out a stronger side... yes its the carling cup, but its still a trophy and we had a great chance of winning it again this season.

i dont whats wrong with evans but it seems he's doin an o'shea.. started out as a very promising defender and then just went downhill.. doesnt look good for him at the moment. evans & pique were at the same level and to see the heights that pique has reached for club and country has left me wondering whether fergie has made a huge mistake in letting pique go for a measley £5m......

Back