Manchester United thread

The amount of injuries Hargreaves suffered during last 2-3 years is just a joke...very surprised he was selected as Fergie is usually excellent at easing players back into football after long injuries.

Although quite poor performance, in the context of virus thats hit the club, it was good to get the winning result. Hopefully Berbatov, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Carrick, Evans, Anderson and whoever else has virus can shake it off in time for City match and we'll have a good squad to face them.

Park has now had a run of very good games, last 2 performances were the type he would put in more consistently when he was at PSV and hence one of the reasons why he was bought. Hopefully he can continue to play like this, in the more confident positive attacking mindset.

Rooney could play against Wigan this weekend
Manchester United consider Wayne Rooney for Wigan return | Football News | ESPN.co.uk
Not sure how i feel about this to be honest but he is in contention for a place in the side. Berba and Chico have stopped hitting the net so i fully expect Rooney to feature and im sure the bulgarian will be over the moon to have his strike partner back. I have tickets for this and i wonder how the fans will react there's talk of jeers and boo's for him but i certainly wont be joining in with any if it materialises.

Manchester Utd. to Pay Off 220 Million Pounds of Team’s Debt

Smells like the Glaziers have sold a stake in the club ?? This seems like fantastic news for the health of the clubs finances.

Nov. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Manchester United’s owners agreed to pay off a payment-in-kind loan worth about 220 million pounds ($353 million), according to a corporate filing by the English soccer club.

Red Football Joint Venture Ltd. will “prepay 100 percent from the outstanding loan on Nov. 22,” the team’s parent company said. The document, called a voluntary free-payment notice, was signed Joel Glazer, co-chairman of Red Football, and was sent to the holders of the loan. Philip Townsend, a spokesman for Manchester United, declined to comment.

The Glazer family, which also runs the National Football League’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers, bought the 18-time English soccer champion in 2005. United supporters have protested against owners because of the debt they’ve added to the team. The Glazers were shouldering 16.25 percent annual interest charges on the PIK debt because of concern they’d face fans’ anger if they used the soccer club’s cash to pay off the loans.
Source

yea thats good news about the loans Gasman..
i aint too happy about Rooney.. first of all.. well he is a pr*ck and really doesnt deserve to wear the shirt...
but Berbatov and Hernandez has a good partnership going.. wouldnt want to disrupt that.. we dont know when the goals will flow in.. could be at Wigan.. if Rooney has to play i think its better he comes off of the subs bench.. but then again I would prefer Kiko to come off the bench..

but whatever happends.. Wayne's got a lot of work 2 do on the pitch to win back most fans..

i aint too happy about Rooney.. first of all.. well he is a pr*ck and really doesnt deserve to wear the shirt...
but Berbatov and Hernandez has a good partnership going.. wouldnt want to disrupt that.. we dont know when the goals will flow in.. could be at Wigan.. if Rooney has to play i think its better he comes off of the subs bench.. but then again I would prefer Kiko to come off the bench..

but whatever happends.. Wayne's got a lot of work 2 do on the pitch to win back most fans..

I would think most sensible would be rooney coming off bench, I hope Kiko plays though cos he's gonna be full of confidence after this past week, scoring for united and scoring 2 for Italy u21

Hope so mate although it still isnt clear where the money is coming from and the way things stand there are only a few possibilities.
1. The Glaziers have sold a major asset ie the American football club (we should have heard something by now if this is true)
2. They have taken out a lower interest loan to clear the high interst PIK(most likely scenario)
3. They have sold some shares to the value of the outstanding 220 million (around a fifth of the clubs value and not really an investors dream so this seems most unlikely)
4. They have sold OT and or Carrington (this would have to be reported to the bond holders and has so far not been mentioned)

As it goes possibilities 1-3 are good news for the club and it's finances as it takes away the huge interest PIK loan (16.5% pa) and the club keeps ownership of all it's asset's.
No.4 Is basically unthinkable as the club could lose ownership of not only the multi million pound training facility but also the club ground itself. They would then be leased back to United creating a long term financial strain on the club.The Glazers have mentioned this previously and i for one wouldnt put it past them. I personally believe they have taken out a lower interest loan as that's what makes the most sense financially (one thing the glazers arent is daft with money).

I would think most sensible would be rooney coming off bench, I hope Kiko plays though cos he's gonna be full of confidence after this past week, scoring for united and scoring 2 for Italy u21

yea on his performances of late Kiko deserves his place.. he scored 2 good goals for italy U21.. hopefully he can do more for United..

Hope so mate although it still isnt clear where the money is coming from and the way things stand there are only a few possibilities.
1. The Glaziers have sold a major asset ie the American football club (we should have heard something by now if this is true)
2. They have taken out a lower interest loan to clear the high interst PIK(most likely scenario)
3. They have sold some shares to the value of the outstanding 220 million (around a fifth of the clubs value and not really an investors dream so this seems most unlikely)
4. They have sold OT and or Carrington (this would have to be reported to the bond holders and has so far not been mentioned)

As it goes possibilities 1-3 are good news for the club and it's finances as it takes away the huge interest PIK loan (16.5% pa) and the club keeps ownership of all it's asset's.
No.4 Is basically unthinkable as the club could lose ownership of not only the multi million pound training facility but also the club ground itself. They would then be leased back to United creating a long term financial strain on the club.The Glazers have mentioned this previously and i for one wouldnt put it past them. I personally believe they have taken out a lower interest loan as that's what makes the most sense financially (one thing the glazers arent is daft with money).

i just remembered reading something about selling and leasing Carrington/OT sometime ago.. im sure something would have been leaked if that had happened .. so like you believe.. they probably have secured another low interest loan.. makes sense i guess after all the money we do bring in...

yea on his performances of late Kiko deserves his place.. he scored 2 good goals for italy U21.. hopefully he can do more for United..

i just remembered reading something about selling and leasing Carrington/OT sometime ago.. im sure something would have been leaked if that had happened .. so like you believe.. they probably have secured another low interest loan.. makes sense i guess after all the money we do bring in...
but taking out another debt to pay a debt
that cannot be true
it still means that you still owe the same money
doesnt it state that they are paying off £220 mill
not re-financing it

and doesnt it still leave you owing over £700 mill

i do hope u sort it out

but taking out another debt to pay a debt
that cannot be true
it still means that you still owe the same money
doesnt it state that they are paying off £220 mill
not re-financing it

and doesnt it still leave you owing over £700 mill

i do hope u sort it out

The PIK notes are a high interest loan 16.5 % pa and according to news the Glazers are to clear that loan using their own funds, so the Glazers could take out a seperate less crippling loan using their secondary company thus clearing the debt from the club. It has been stated that it is the Glazers that will clear the PIK notes (not the actual club) leaving Utd with the small matter of a 500 million pound bond issue.

In short the club will not owe the 220 million it will be cleared by the owners (so no the club will not owe 700 million which is the good news) the issue still remains of where the F they are getting that kind of money from.
This could also be a move towards the sale of the club as it's the PIK notes loan that would turn any potential investors off.

squad today:
01 Van der Sar
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand
15 Vidic
21 Rafael Da Silva
13 Park Ji-Sung
16 Carrick
17 Nani
24 Fletcher
26 Obertan
27 Macheda

Subs: 29 Kuszczak, 22 O'Shea, 23 Evans, 11 Giggs, 18 Scholes, 10 Rooney, 14 Hernandez

so Rooney makes the bench and Macheda starts.. any1 no what has happened to Berbatov??

on a side note.. well done to spurs ehh?

Yea Berbatov got his ass handed to him, thats wat happened with him.

Irritating to see Macheda on his own up front again, him and Hernandez link well together, would have been good to see their strike partnership for at least 60 minutes

squad today:
01 Van der Sar
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand
15 Vidic
21 Rafael Da Silva
13 Park Ji-Sung
16 Carrick
17 Nani
24 Fletcher
26 Obertan
27 Macheda

Subs: 29 Kuszczak, 22 O'Shea, 23 Evans, 11 Giggs, 18 Scholes, 10 Rooney, 14 Hernandez

so Rooney makes the bench and Macheda starts.. any1 no what has happened to Berbatov??

on a side note.. well done to spurs ehh?

Berba got a knock in training.
And yes well done the spuds had them pair down for a draw how much of a bargain was VDV.

* Arsenal2-3TottenhamFT
* Birmingham1-0ChelseaFT
* Blackpool2-1WolvesFT
* Bolton5-1NewcastleFT
* Liverpool v West Ham17:30
* Man Utd2-0WiganFT
* West Brom0-3StokeFT

Get the Fk in there

1 Chelsea 14 19 28
2 Man Utd 14 13 28
3 Arsenal 14 13 26
4 Bolton 14 6 22

Unbelievable how we are level with Chelsea on points considering how awful we have been and considering Chelsea were declared title winners in September its a huge turn around in results.

Unbelievable how we are level with Chelsea on points considering how awful we have been and considering Chelsea were declared title winners in September its a huge turn around in results.

Tell u what mate still unbeaten and having a mare !!!! Chelsea arent half what the media begs us to believe, Arsenal are Utd's worse threat.
What a great 3 weekends of results weve had and this just tops it off. Joint top and our star striker back in the game, this could well be another very merry christmas.:Clap:

what a weekend eh? ain't it funny how chelski was "going to run away from the title"? lol
where are having a shitty time with our performances.. but we are still unbeaten and we are 2nd only 2 goal difference..

f'n brilliant!!

any1 see Foster against Chelski?
Van Der Sar retiring and the end of this season... surely we have a buy back clause on him!

and Gasman.. Van Der Vaart was SUCH a bargain!!

I gotta say that even though this is miles away from the best manc team I have seen...you are doing what is needed, getting results while not playing great...thats what makes champions...but I don't want you to win it...:proud:

Chavs...wtf...they were scoring for fun earlier on,. Birmingham had 1 shot on target and NONE off target...1 feekin shot all match and they scored the winner...........sweet.

This season is so strange...we are 3 points from CL place and 5 points from relegation place...pmsl.

btw....what was Shreks reception like ??? (did anyone boo him...and Evra doesn't count it that...lol)

I gotta say that even though this is miles away from the best manc team I have seen...you are doing what is needed, getting results while not playing great...thats what makes champions...but I don't want you to win it...:proud:

Chavs...wtf...they were scoring for fun earlier on,. Birmingham had 1 shot on target and NONE off target...1 feekin shot all match and they scored the winner...........sweet.

This season is so strange...we are 3 points from CL place and 5 points from relegation place...pmsl.

btw....what was Shreks reception like ??? (did anyone boo him...and Evra doesn't count it that...lol)

Yes mate there was boo's and all in all it was basically what was expected a mixed reception. Fergie played it down by bringing him on with Scholes lol he's a smart arse that ferguson chap and no mistake. There was chanting of his songs throughout the match which to be honest i didnt think would happen at least until he scored. Just glad to see him back as despite being a bells end he is an amazing talent and showed some flashes of that yesterday, despite missing a sitter his influence on the game was very positive.
As for the chav's well im afraid that weaker squad of their's is getting exposed as exactly that just now but once they get Essien back from suspension they will kick on again. He for me is their most important player and when he does not play then they are just an expensive Bolton.

As for Utd once again credit to our little pea for coming on and showing that Rooney feller how to finish. But for me our young RB Rafael is simply amazing and credit where it's due that lad has come on leaps and bounds, get's a few injury niggles but for now is establishing himself as first choice and for a lad of his age that's brilliant. MOTM performance imo yesterday.

@ Alom Foster was simply amazing yesterday, always been a great shot stopper it was his decision making that had him see the exit door at Utd. I do believe we have signed a young danish keeper (the next schmeichel ;) maybe lol)
Edit : Found that keeper story i know that link is the Sun but i read it a few days ago on the clubs actual website (using google translate) that the signing was complete lol i think someone made a cockup and released the story early.

Anders Lindegaard

Last edited:
As for the chav's well im afraid that weaker squad of their's is getting exposed as exactly that just now but once they get Essien back from suspension they will kick on again. He for me is their most important player and when he does not play then they are just an expensive Bolton.

As for Utd once again credit to our little pea for coming on and showing that Rooney feller how to finish. But for me our young RB Rafael is simply amazing and credit where it's due that lad has come on leaps and bounds, get's a few injury niggles but for now is establishing himself as first choice and for a lad of his age that's brilliant. MOTM performance imo yesterday.

@ Alom Foster was simply amazing yesterday, always been a great shot stopper it was his decision making that had him see the exit door at Utd. I do believe we have signed a young danish keeper (the next schmeichel ;) maybe lol)
Edit : Found that keeper story i know that link is the Sun but i read it a few days ago on the clubs actual website (using google translate) that the signing was complete lol i think someone made a cockup and released the story early.

Anders Lindegaard

Not really surprising Chelski struggle when they have a few injuries, they hardly ever give youth any match experience, that supposed strength in depth is not really there. And i agree Essien has been their best player this season, with him back I expect them to take control of midfield areas again, but Lampard's goal hanging goals are a big loss to them as well.

Rafael is by far best right back at club, if Fabio was given same opportunity on left i'm sure he would develop the way his brother has. Hope the other young players that are being given more match experience this season like Obertan and Macheda proves fruitful and they develop into much better players by next season

As for Rooney I think getting this contract crap out of the way, he can concentrate on one thing again and that's football. Let's face it he cant really concentrate on more than 1 thing can he lol. He should see fire his dumbass agent.

Foster produced the type of performances he put in at Watford and led to him being called to be given chances as England's no.1 (we'll forget that stupid jump in the air he did against Malouda where ball went through his legs and nearly into the goal).
Foster made his decision to leave United because he felt at this stage in his career he should be playing and more football, and I feel he made the right decision.
As for that Anders keepers, Schmeicel thinks he's not good enough for United. I think should buy De Gea of Atletico, While Forlan and Aguero have not been scoring he has been single handedly been saving Atletico points at times

Not really surprising Chelski struggle when they have a few injuries, they hardly ever give youth any match experience, that supposed strength in depth is not really there. And i agree Essien has been their best player this season, with him back I expect them to take control of midfield areas again, but Lampard's goal hanging goals are a big loss to them as well.

Rafael is by far best right back at club, if Fabio was given same opportunity on left i'm sure he would develop the way his brother has. Hope the other young players that are being given more match experience this season like Obertan and Macheda proves fruitful and they develop into much better players by next season

As for Rooney I think getting this contract crap out of the way, he can concentrate on one thing again and that's football. Let's face it he cant really concentrate on more than 1 thing can he lol. He should see fire his dumbass agent.

Foster produced the type of performances he put in at Watford and led to him being called to be given chances as England's no.1 (we'll forget that stupid jump in the air he did against Malouda where ball went through his legs and nearly into the goal).
Foster made his decision to leave United because he felt at this stage in his career he should be playing and more football, and I feel he made the right decision.
As for that Anders keepers, Schmeicel thinks he's not good enough for United. I think should buy De Gea of Atletico, While Forlan and Aguero have not been scoring he has been single handedly been saving Atletico points at times

We are certainly tracking the signature of De Gea and with VDS set to retire and almost certainly will be without the services of the Pole In Goal then were basically in the market for a new No1 and 2. De gea rated at 15 million does looks like the strongest possibilty for us and im fairly certain that we have already signed Lindegaard so could that possibly be our 2 new keepers ?
Either way we can ill afford to take as long to replace VDS as we did replacing the great dane that was a time of some right jokers in goal. Mark Bosnich lmfao and then that mental patient from France.
Source
David De Gea you tube

Back