Manchester United thread

i actually feel sorry for macheda because everytime he plays, its either with shite players (gibson, carrick park)

Mate personally i think Park is a good hard working player, you cant ask much more. Gibson, ( In my view shouldnt have a man utd shirt on his back, Carrick seems really negative with some passes and runs he makes). All in all we need a few new and very good players.

Van der vart who we face today would have been an excellent signing and i still wonder why we didnt go in for him. We are facing a tottenham side today who are stronger than us in midfield and that is a sign of the direction we have moved. We do have a wealth of talented midfield players at the club giggs scholes anderson carrick fletcher nani hargreaves. Our trouble is only one of those is playing consistently well the rest are either injured/rested or shite half the time. I think we need to call time on Hargreaves utd career sad as it is he has been a liability to the clubs wage bill nearly as much so as Michael fookin Carrick. We will then be forced into bringing in two quality midfielders in the summer. I fear if we dont then we are really going to struggle, we may well get away with it this season if we can keep scholes and giggs playing more often than not but we wont get away with much longer. That ronaldo lad at madrid looks like he could be a decent signing ;)

i actually feel sorry for macheda because everytime he plays, its either with shite players (gibson, carrick park)

Mate personally i think Park is a good hard working player, you cant ask much more. Gibson, ( In my view shouldnt have a man utd shirt on his back, Carrick seems really negative with some passes and runs he makes). All in all we need a few new and very good players.

Yep my thoughts exactly. It really pisses me off when United 'fans' (not here but on other sites like skysports) slag off players like Macheda, only very few forwards can work miracles at his age when surrounded by above average players. Unfortunately he's trying way too hard now and seems to be overlooking his basic strengths which is his close ball control. He used to easily keep the ball when it came to his feet and control it in tight areas, now more often than not it slips away from him.
I think him and Hernandez could be the strike partnership of the future for United.

Carrick just needs to be pushed off now, his time at United is over. As for Gibson he has impressive shooting but thats about it, he's practically a passenger in matches.

looks like carricks set to start against spurs he better get his head in the game today as he will up against VDV or i really do give up. park is also a starter which is probably to help out evra who dont like playing lennon. Looks like bale isnt even on the bench for spurs so we can definitely get at them down that side. Both sides have been shipping goals quite regular so should make for an interesting encounter. Our strike force of the berbarito can get at spurs threadbare back line.
CCCMON YOU REDS

Edit : Bale plays
Arry's mind games

Last edited:
Carrick stood up to the task as did Park played well the pair of em well done.
How good is rafa da silva bale in his pocket all dafternoon, hes my first choice RB without a shadow of a doubt.
Thats easily the best spurs team weve seen at old trafford in many years and easily our biggest test and we stood up and performed. The goons and the Chavs scraped 3 points but seemed to struggle more against worse opponents lets hope some positivity can be gained from today.
Wonder strike by nani sealed it 2nd half ;) :Clap::Clap::Clap:

Carrick stood up to the task as did Park played

park definitely had a decent game... he was obviously put in to help evra defend the threat of lennon... still should be shipped out though...

as for carrick, not sure which game u were watchin m8, but for me he did not stand up... he was again waay outta his depth.. we were over run in midfield and they were playing as the home team for large parts because we just couldnt keep the ball.... we werent controlling the midfield and fergie realised, thats why scholes came on for berba...

the 2nd goal was the keeper's and the ref's fault... the ref didnt give the free-kick for nani's handball but then gomes shouldnt have automatically assumed it was a freekick... golden rule in footy is to play to the whistle...

my assessment of nani over the last 18 months has come true lol i always said that with a regular run he'd be some player and playing consistently for the last 10 months has shown his ability.. he is our main player, our match winner... a consistent 90 minute run for anderson (in his preffered position) now please, he'll do a nani and be a match winner for us....

The ref was going to blow for a freekick but since gomes had ball in his hands he waved play on. that's why ref was standing there with his arms outstretched saying "what are you waiting for". It was a clown of a goal.
Anyway it should have been a penalty before that. And honestly speaking once VDV went off injured I didn't see where Spurs were gonna score from.

I thought Park and da Silva had an excellent game. Funny cos every time Park got the ball in their 3rd the noise level went up, people were expecting something to happen.
The central midfield pairing really did annoy me though, how deep were they sitting, they just let Spurs have the ball in midfield and run forward with it or play forward passes, at least one of them should be pressing higher up the pitch. And my god how horrid is Fletcher's passing recently.

Btw anyone else think the ESPN commentator is just clownage?

Very harsh 2nd goal but legal, people keep moaning about refs stopping play unneccessarily, this time he didn't and they still moan.

The ref made the decision to play on as Gomes had the ball, if Gomes thought it was a freekick for handball, then why did he throw the ball to about 12 yards, then pushed it forward again another couple of yards cos nani handled the ball around the 6 yard line. It was a handball, it was not a penalty.

@NL said...play to the whistle, ffs you are taught that in primary school.

If it was against us...I would be furious and I bet the Mancs would too if it had been an equaliser for Spuds....poor Spuds, they always seem to have controversial decisions against them.

Made no difference imho, Spuds were never going to score.

@elniro...yes ESPN commentators are clowns.

park definitely had a decent game... he was obviously put in to help evra defend the threat of lennon... still should be shipped out though...

as for carrick, not sure which game u were watchin m8, but for me he did not stand up... he was again waay outta his depth.. we were over run in midfield and they were playing as the home team for large parts because we just couldnt keep the ball.... we werent controlling the midfield and fergie realised, thats why scholes came on for berba...

the 2nd goal was the keeper's and the ref's fault... the ref didnt give the free-kick for nani's handball but then gomes shouldnt have automatically assumed it was a freekick... golden rule in footy is to play to the whistle...

my assessment of nani over the last 18 months has come true lol i always said that with a regular run he'd be some player and playing consistently for the last 10 months has shown his ability.. he is our main player, our match winner... a consistent 90 minute run for anderson (in his preffered position) now please, he'll do a nani and be a match winner for us....

Dont get me wrong my opinion is that we should get rid of the pair of them come summer just thought carrick did ok at breaking up the play. We faced a superior midfield in terms of quality yesterday (which is a major cause for concern) and played 2 holding midfielders. Managed to restrict them to very few chances and VDV was their only real threat.
As for Nani he's been our stand out performer in terms of consistency and goal threat, he seems to have benefited from Valencias injury and having a good run on the right.
We do need to get anderson match fit and back in the side, bad news when a spurs team can come to old trafford and dominate the midfield and we need to bring on a 36 year old to get some possesion. Come on Ando lay off the pies and get in the gym lad.

Dont get me wrong my opinion is that we should get rid of the pair of them come summer just thought carrick did ok at breaking up the play. We faced a superior midfield in terms of quality yesterday (which is a major cause for concern) and played 2 holding midfielders. Managed to restrict them to very few chances and VDV was their only real threat.
As for Nani he's been our stand out performer in terms of consistency and goal threat, he seems to have benefited from Valencias injury and having a good run on the right.
We do need to get anderson match fit and back in the side, bad news when a spurs team can come to old trafford and dominate the midfield and we need to bring on a 36 year old to get some possesion. Come on Ando lay off the pies and get in the gym lad.

If you remember back...I said right from the start the guy had weight issues, he has talent but will need to do some real work to get a regular 1st team place.

If you remember back...I said right from the start the guy had weight issues, he has talent but will need to do some real work to get a regular 1st team place.

Yea i remember mt and it hasnt gone unoticed, he seemed to pile it on a bit more when he was first injured with the knee. Looks a bit leaner and fitter now and could do with him getting 90 mins under his belt (instead of 90 pies).

Overall a cracking result last night 0-3 away from home in a champions league match is always a good outcome. Performance wise i have to again point out 2 players i have previously be-moaned and that's Carrick and Park. Park changed the game when he came on and we gained full control of the midfield with his energy and industry. Carrick also carried on his improvements from the weekend with some solid passing and did well going forward to support berbatov. If it wasn't for Scholesy who was my MOTM then i would say one of those 2 would be. Obertan struggled to get in the game but capped his performance with the goal of the game. Berba again struggled to get in the game and a lot of that shoulder shrugging is creeping back in. Bebe looks a fantastic talent despite the papers pouring scorn all over the young lads career before he even kicked a ball in a utd shirt, well thats 4 goals already and 2 fingers up to the british media. Was it a great game ? Naa dull as dishwater 1st half but the 2nd had it's moments overall very pleased.
Onwards now to bang the final nail in the huns champions league coffin, is River City still on these days ;)
river_city_uk-show.jpg

made longshot prediction of 3-0 before game with youngsters scoring all 3, wasnt far off, wish i put bet down, but then wen u do predictions never come true lol.

Park has had 3 very good games in a row, and im glad he's found his form again. It was very good experience for the young guys to play in that atmosphere far away in europe, invaluable type of experience really.
Berbatov was just facepalm, his attitude was crap, no desire at all.
And good lord fletcher's passing has gone to the sh1tter, havent seen such bad passing (last few games) in while from united player

with nani and fletcher out for Wolves game, hope fergie doesnt play gibson and gives another chance to obertan or bebe. It's times like these wonder why Cleverley was sent out on loan.

Last edited:
Breaking news (<- no pun intended)
Hargreaves set to make his first start for over 2 years in the match against Wolves. Holy knee caps batman i cant believe it

1413: Yep, it's confirmed. Owen Hargreaves will make his first start for Manchester United today since September 2008. I wonder what his hair looks like these days?
linky from bbc posted at 14:13pm

Last edited:
Breaking news (<- no pun intended)
Hargreaves set to make his first start for over 2 years in the match against Wolves. Holy knee caps batman i cant believe it

linky from bbc posted at 14:13pm

dont jinx it! he might trip whilst getting his shorts on and the rest will be history lol :proud:

p.s. good to see him bk though........................... if he makes it ;)

dont jinx it! he might trip whilst getting his shorts on and the rest will be history lol :proud:

p.s. good to see him bk though........................... if he makes it ;)

Too late mt 4 minutes he lasted FFS
Pulled muscle ( Edit pulled hamstring) not the knee but FFS

1506: Owen Hargreaves IS coming off. His comeback lasts less than six minutes - I don't think it's his knee, just a pulled muscle, but it means his afternoon is over already. Absolutely shocking luck for him.

1505: Bad news from Old Trafford. Owen Hargreaves is limping, and it looks like he is coming off.

Too late mt 4 minutes he lasted FFS
Pulled muscle ( Edit pulled hamstring) not the knee but FFS

at least it not his knees... maybe a 2-3 45min reserve runouts would have been better before chuckin him into a premier league match??

at least it not his knees... maybe a 2-3 45min reserve runouts would have been better before chuckin him into a premier league match??

SAF got it wrong today regards to Hargreaves very bizarre to throw him into a prem match although i felt like a kid on christmas when i read that post entry lol. There is a virus going round the club and apparently that affected the decision but still after being out for 2 years then you need to build match fitness in reserve games.
All in all we got away with one there, not exactly a walk in the park was it ;).A draw today would have been a complete disaster and a physcological boost to chelsea.
@ NL wtf is going on with Park and Carrick lol first carrick starts to play well and now Park has a blinder and drags us out the crap with 2 goals lol you couldnt make it up.

After what looked an awful team selection, somehow the players well Park pulled it out the bag. It says it all when our best attacking player is Park. However, am pleased that once again we are scoring late goals and can renew our lead after we let it slip as is so often this season.

All in all satisfying day, as most of the big names got a rest ahead of the Citeh match so lets be hoping the form continues and we confine City to another defeat.

Felt very sorry for Hargreaves, awful decision to let him start a premiership match and then to get a hamstring strain, hopefully no more than that. Obertan and Bebe just dont seem to be settling at the moment. Bebe has time but Obertan has been around the club a while so should try make a bigger impact when played. Although playing randomly with new team mates and team selections can be difficult for the best of players.

Now to watch Chelsea see of the old scum, as certainly dont want any favours from them.

After what looked an awful team selection, somehow the players well Park pulled it out the bag. It says it all when our best attacking player is Park. However, am pleased that once again we are scoring late goals and can renew our lead after we let it slip as is so often this season.

All in all satisfying day, as most of the big names got a rest ahead of the Citeh match so lets be hoping the form continues and we confine City to another defeat.

Felt very sorry for Hargreaves, awful decision to let him start a premiership match and then to get a hamstring strain, hopefully no more than that. Obertan and Bebe just dont seem to be settling at the moment. Bebe has time but Obertan has been around the club a while so should try make a bigger impact when played. Although playing randomly with new team mates and team selections can be difficult for the best of players.

Now to watch Chelsea see of the old scum, as certainly dont want any favours from them.

Doubt well be treated to any fancy back passes from Stevie me me
:STIG:
stevengerrarddoubleagenm-1.png

Back