Manchester United thread

wondering whether fergie has made a huge mistake in letting pique go for a measley £5m......

It was Pique's attitude and that he wanted more first team football which Ferguson could not promise that led to his departure.
Anyway if Pique has stayed her would he have become the player he is currently? At the time Barcelona desperately needed defensive cover with Marquez long term injured and Puyol repeatedly getting injured for short periods at time, thus Pique got lots of game time and greatly improved. I dont think he would have developed like he has here.

Was annoyed at first when I heard this then thought, wait a minute. Its an extra break for the players. Got a kind of rubber match against Valenica where its likely SAF will rest some of the first team anyway and by the time we get round to the busy christmas schedule the players should be fresher than other teams.

Not saying it will help us win the big matches coming up but less games at this time of the year can surely only help, especially with the high profile matches coming up.

Thought we played decent against Valencia and Berba could have had five if he had brought his shooting boots. Rooney looking more like the player we know and were now creating plenty of chances through him and a certain Brazilian.... Anderson was again on his game so pleased as now he will get a run and hopefully be back to the lad that shit on Fabregas.
Which brings me to a MASSIVE top of the table clash on Monday, i think utd have enough to do them goons once again.. Certainly le arse have some real quality through the middle and with VP back on scoring terms tonight and of course the superb Nasri they will be a massive threat. Im just over the moon they cant defend lol and fancy utd to take the points from this one. After all we had the extended rest from last week ;)
Then we have spurs on top form and a misfiring chelsea so whats the betting them chavs roll the spuds over lmao !!! You gotta love football :proud: Unless your scouse ;)

my man anderson!!!! lol... pulling the strings in the midfield and has been fantastic in the last 3 games inc the west ham defeat.... brings quality to the midfield with his acceleration, ability to run & dribble with the ball and pick out the pass. he is fantastic also on the counter as he picks the ball up na d is very direct... hopefully scholes doesnt make the arsenal game and ando keeps this run going..... i'v always said he needs a long consistent run and he will play fabregas of the park on monday night...

arsenal should be a good game... im confident that we'll get the 3 points because we're at home and also because the team is starting to play well. hopefully rio makes the game, at the moment i dont want jony evans anywhere near our defence and smalling still looks a little inexperienced for such a big game...

Well that's the goons dispatched in regular fashion lol pack the midfield with energy and deny space, you might say Le Arse didnt turn up or didnt play well but Utd just choked their tactics you may well say they have no plan B.
The defense was fantastic and Rio in particular was immense, whoever said he was past his best lmao. Anderson once again was pure quality and nearly capped a fine performance with another goal if not for Arsenals young keeper (who was also superb). Ando now keeping Scholes on the bench and looking fitter with every game. Fletch was fletch spitting teef at Arsenal and generally getting a foot in. Great to see us set the tone booting Wiltshire 3 foot in the air and having a chop at Nasri good auld fashioned football. Rooney was brilliant running the line alone and a constant threat keeping Arsenal on their toes even when they had good possession. Shite pen tho !! but it was never a pen for me. Top by 2 and a game in hand and Chelsea up next, you would not bet against us taking all 3 from the bridge but Chelsea are looking more solid so i will take a point from that.
Hows this for a christmas list lmao
Sunday, 19 December 2010
Barclays Premier League
Chelsea v Man Utd, 16:00
Sunday, 26 December 2010
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Sunderland, 15:00
Tuesday, 28 December 2010
Barclays Premier League
Birmingham v Man Utd, 20:00
Saturday, 1 January 2011
Barclays Premier League
West Brom v Man Utd, 12:45
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Stoke, 20:00

All that fun is followed by an FA Cup tie at home to ploppy the owls gang lol.

Excellent game, love it when united show passion and are commited to each and every challenge, winning all the 50-50s, closing down, chasing, thats what we like to see from the players. Need more of that attitude that Fletcher was showing, reminded me slightly of the good old dog keano.
Have to give credit to Carrick as well, played very well, been thinking hes been rubbish so far this season but he stood up and performed in the big match, well they all did.
In my opinion I thought Vidic was best player on pitch by mile.

Hope those players that played in that West ham carling cup game were watching closely

it was a job well done from the lads, very professional.... disappointed to see berba on the bench, scores 5 in the league and then benched for the next, doesnt do well for his confidence.. with an inexperienced keeper and 2 centre halves who havent really gelled i think we could run them ragged.... and its highly likely we'll go 4-5-1/4-3-3 v chelski so berba will miss out again...

special mention to the defence and especially my man rafael... has really matured this season and has pretty much made that right back spot his own now... also thought anderson was terrific, 4th game on the bounce where he done fantastically well and now we're seeing him realising his potential.. credit to park as well, been playing well recently and im not his biggest fan but im happy to admit it his good recent form...

big game sunday..... honestly, i would settle for point right now, but i think the lads may surprise us and we may just grab all 3... roll on sunday!!

We do look like were on it now and looking at our next 5 fixtures id take 11 points from that lot and reckon that will put us in real good shape. Im giving Carrick a full reprieve just lately for his performances and also Park seems to have found a consistency that didn't previously exist great goal aswell although at first glance i thought the ball more hit him than he hit the ball but credit where it's due he meant that one. Midfield are firing now that Rooney is constantly available and surprise surprise Rooneys returns to form coincides with Utd's........ Coincidence lol

it was a job well done from the lads, very professional.... disappointed to see berba on the bench, scores 5 in the league and then benched for the next, doesnt do well for his confidence.. with an inexperienced keeper and 2 centre halves who havent really gelled i think we could run them ragged.... and its highly likely we'll go 4-5-1/4-3-3 v chelski so berba will miss out again...

special mention to the defence and especially my man rafael... has really matured this season and has pretty much made that right back spot his own now... also thought anderson was terrific, 4th game on the bounce where he done fantastically well and now we're seeing him realising his potential.. credit to park as well, been playing well recently and im not his biggest fan but im happy to admit it his good recent form...

big game sunday..... honestly, i would settle for point right now, but i think the lads may surprise us and we may just grab all 3... roll on sunday!!

Absolutely love watching that kid play he's worth the entrance fee alone.. Tucked Bale straight in his back pocket and hopefully there's room enough for Malouda come Sunday. :proud:

We do look like were on it now

LMAO you was shit... we was shitter lmao rofl.

I have to admit I am quite jealous of vidic and rio, one thing for me that wenger has no clue about is defence. I know for a fact that if furgy was in charge at arsenal we would have a great defence.

Why can't wenger not see that central defence is probably the most important partnership on the field?

I know vermalean was out and maybe if vidic was not playing we might of scored lol... but you need to have the squad!

But George Graham built the back four that wenger inherited, and its no fluke that while they was still playing we was winning. because the players in front of them knew they had great cover.

On a positive note did that sceczny keeper look like a certain smicheal ?

And for the arsenal fans shouting sack wenger - get a grip no one can go to utd and say they must win... its utd, and if they lose or draw on the weekend a we win we are back top lol.

Mick

LMAO you was shit... we was shitter lmao rofl.
Were easily the best 2 shit teams in the league so far lol but your quite right about the defenses and was the difference on the day.

Here's one NL7 will love

Manchester United midfielder Anderson signs new deal

Four and a half year contact and a good bit of business

LINK

@gasman: that is fantastic news... he is going to be a gr8 player for us and i believe he will make better progress than nani has and thats sayin something as nani has been sensational over the last 12 months... hopefully fergie keeps this run in the team for him going as tbh the last thing u wana do is pull a player out of the first team when he's playing well...

Sir Alex Ferguson is now our longest-serving manager ever; 24 years, 1 month and 13 days. We salute you Sir Alex! :Clap:

I really cannot believe United got 3 points there, surely all the luck for the season has been spent on that 1 match.

And I know Sir Fergie has a soft spot for the golden trio but this is getting bit much, surely he must see that Neville is now no longer good enough to even win a spot in the reserves, every time he plays now it's just dire.
Couple with the fact that there was no one allocated to the right side of the pitch, I really do not understand how the hell he was selected to play. He struggles with help, let alone by himself.

it was another shite performance, just like the one against b'ham in midweek... fergie negative tactics away from home is the reason for our dire away form.... the golden trio plus gibson shouldnt be anywhere near the first 11, yet there is this persistence to play them.. i cant actually believe we're top and could go 6 points clear if we win our games in hand. we have been just awful but then again the others have been even worse....

what a miss nani has been over the last few games... his running at the backline with pace and acceleration and his skill have been sorely missed... even park who im not the biggest fan of, but over the last 5-6 weeks he had been playing very well...

hernandez comes on yesterday and bags another crucial winning goal... he was scoring before he got dropped for rooney...... so is rooney justifying his tantrum and his 250k a week contract? personally i dont think so.. he has been poor bar yesterday where he was decent but the odd raking 50 yard ball and 1-2 link ups in a game is not enough contribution for a guy getting paid that amount...

it was another shite performance, just like the one against b'ham in midweek... fergie negative tactics away from home is the reason for our dire away form.... the golden trio plus gibson shouldnt be anywhere near the first 11, yet there is this persistence to play them.. i cant actually believe we're top and could go 6 points clear if we win our games in hand. we have been just awful but then again the others have been even worse....

what a miss nani has been over the last few games... his running at the backline with pace and acceleration and his skill have been sorely missed... even park who im not the biggest fan of, but over the last 5-6 weeks he had been playing very well...

hernandez comes on yesterday and bags another crucial winning goal... he was scoring before he got dropped for rooney...... so is rooney justifying his tantrum and his 250k a week contract? personally i dont think so.. he has been poor bar yesterday where he was decent but the odd raking 50 yard ball and 1-2 link ups in a game is not enough contribution for a guy getting paid that amount...

Wasnt negative to start with, was the standard 4-4-2...problem was in the midfield selection...only 1 winger who has hardly played is not good balance, reverting to a 4-5-1 and still getting run in midfield by WBA is embarassing.
I would have to agree that Neville and Gibson should not be in the squad, but Scholes was by far one of best players before his injury, and once giggs has bit more time on pitch he will put in useful performances no doubt.

Yep Nani has been a miss, and when you hav Valencia out injured, Giggs recovering and cannot play every match anyway, and Park off to Asia Cup, its a problem on wings

To be fair you have won games you should have lost, you have drawn games you should have lost.

You need that luck to win the league.

I think you will win it anyway, I am sure chelski was gonna run off with it the way they have started but the more I look at there squad the older they are, and apart from drogba they do not have any wow factor.

I do not mind if you win it as long as Arsenal push you, I will be happy lol.

However this unbeaten run lol that has to stop soon its an insult to the arsenal immortals should you win the league unbeaten, with the rubbish you have been playing lmao.

Mick

our biggest problem at WBA was we had no wingers.. Oberton likes playing on the left and he was on the right.. also he hasnt had much matches and it showed..

it was embarrassing how bad we was in midfield.. we could really use a creative midfielder in January Fergie!!

Yep Nani has been a miss, and when you hav Valencia out injured, Giggs recovering and cannot play every match anyway, and Park off to Asia Cup, its a problem on wings

fergie should swallow a bit of his pride and bring back beckham till March... well thats opinion anyway... his game has never been about pace so at 35 it wont affect him as much as it has affected the likes of giggs... i think he could do a decent job for us. set pieces, especially free-kicks for us has been a nightmare since ronaldo left so he will definitely have an effect there and lets not forget his ability to cross the ball.... a smart 10 week gamble that could pay off for us and fergie and could have the same effect henrik larsson has 3-4 seasons ago..... even on a pay as u play, he will come to utd without a hesitation and pick us before any other club even if they offered more money etc....... wishful thinking but who knows............................?

Back