Manchester United thread

fergie should swallow a bit of his pride and bring back beckham till March.

That would go down well with the management team and the board after his antics last year with green and gold scarfs lol.

What can i say about the weekends performance that hasnt been said, nothing really but i will add that id rather see us play like shite and pick up 3 points than play like shite and lose. This seasons been a bit like that for us and i wouldnt worry gooners i dont think that unbeaten season is under threat just yet !! Still playing like shite and winning is a sign of Champions.
Anderson looks like he needs a rest now after a few starts in a row he looked lethargic and Carrick back to his worst im a bit concerned about the midfield especially with the visits of Stoke and Liverpool, were going to end up with fking Gibson. All in all a merry christmas and a happy new year up until now.

That would go down well with the management team and the board after his antics last year with green and gold scarfs lol.
What can i say about the weekends performance that hasnt been said, nothing really but i will add that id rather see us play like shite and pick up 3 points than play like shite and lose. This seasons been a bit like that for us and i wouldnt worry gooners i dont think that unbeaten season is under threat just yet !! Still playing like shite and winning is a sign of Champions.
Anderson looks like he needs a rest now after a few starts in a row he looked lethargic and Carrick back to his worst im a bit concerned about the midfield especially with the visits of Stoke and Liverpool, were going to end up with fking Gibson. All in all a merry christmas and a happy new year up until now.

lol true.... but it'll all be forgotten when 'BECKHAM 32' replica shirts start flying off the shelves.... its win-win really for everyone, a fans favourite returns, fergie has another different option and imo a very good one, glazer's rake in much needed cash through merchandise etc & becks is through & through utd and believe me wouldnt mind playing for free or on a pay as you play deal... everyone's happy :)

lol true.... but it'll all be forgotten when 'BECKHAM 32' replica shirts start flying off the shelves.... its win-win really for everyone, a fans favourite returns, fergie has another different option and imo a very good one, glazer's rake in much needed cash through merchandise etc & becks is through & through utd and believe me wouldnt mind playing for free or on a pay as you play deal... everyone's happy :)

Cant see this happening mate although it would make for a good story, where would we play him for a start. Not got a hope in hell of dislodging Nani from the right and even then Valencia is due back next month and if were going to play an old codger through the middle then surely scholes is the better option. Sell shirts he would but he made his feelings clear on lining Glazer pockets already. Id like to see him go West Ham to be honest as although Spurs seem favourites they already have enough talent in midfield and the hammers are after all his boyhood club. All speculation however as Galaxy might not let him go anywhere, he went back last year with a broke ankle lmao.
On tonight game that was much better we need to carry those performances on the road and what an understanding rafael and nani have and also hernandez seems to be on the wavelength, brilliant to see those 3 combing with quick feet and crisp passing a joy to watch from such young players. Smalling was also excellent and it seems the future is very bright for most of our youth. MOTM performance from Fletcher and thank god he's looking more like his old self and just in time too. Fergie managed to rest Ando, Rio, Carrick and VDS in prep for the poor little scousers World Cup Final on Sunday so we should have plenty of fresh legs out there for that. Form generally goes out the window for these so should make for a cracking game.
Let's AV IT
javipwn.gif

Last edited:
Another game, another victory, another average performance and the unbeaten run continues. I'm not a fan that demands much therefore am thrilled with the three points and couldnt care less that we still havent hit our stride as it will come and if we can be at the top without even looking like a shadow of our best. I would definitely be worrying if I was in the chasing pack when we do find it.

I think there have been too many team changes and odd formations this season away from home which have contributed to all the draws we are getting but you win the title by first being formidable at home and that we seem to be.

Like gasman said was nice to see Fletcher looking more like himself and us putting tens of passes together and retaining the ball well, which has been a real problem in recent games as we just seem to give the ball away which isnt like us. Sure we're not a passing side like Arsenal but are still good enough to frustrate the opposition and create openings by passing the ball 20 30 passes.

Now we can sit back and enjoy the Arsenal Manchester City game knowing we will one or way or another creep slightly further from at least one of our challengers.

Once Valencia is back fit and firing we will finally balance out our midfield as at the moment thats where we are losing or shall I say drawing games, lol.

not a brilliant performance.. but a brilliant win!!
great to see Nani back... we have bloody missed him hey!! and his influence on our team showed!! Great to see Hernandez back in the starting line up and scoring.. and like its been mentioned Fletcher was awesome!!

now we can sit back and enjoy arsenal Vs city.. a draw would be awesome!!

Sky Sports | Manchester United News | Football | Premier League | Triple cup concern for United

according to Sky.. Rio, VDS and Rooney are a doubt for the scousers.. not too worried about Rooney coz we have brilliant cover in a certain little Mexican... Smalling can do the job again... but we need VDS back between the posts!!

EDIT

I would LOVE for Owen to get a goal against the scum!!

Last edited:
Just had a read of that link and says he's hoping 2 of the 3 will be fit hmmm im thinking fergusons doing the old jedi mind trick once again lol. I didnt think Rooney would play for a couple of weeks after his ankle injury so maybe he wont make it but fergie also mentions Jonny evans form so maybe it's rio lol.
Maybe all 3 will be fit you just never know with the jedi master.

This may be tempting fate but I rather Rooney was rested, as we need him much more the following week for a huge away game at Tottenham who will take some beating.

Liverpool arent in the best of form or mental state so maybe we can afford the luxury of resting the very big names. But with these games, form and everything else goes the window. As both teams will want the win real bad especially Liverpool who will see the FA cup as their real chance of silverware this season.

I'm focused purely on our 19th League title but have a feeling SAF maybe focusing on everything as per usual as you cant teach a winner how to come second. Going to really enjoy tonights match hope its 4-4 or something along those lines. And if there must be a winner needless to say would rather it be the Gunners, not because theyre less of a threat (I actually think they may be our main threat) but because just cant stand Shitty.

This may be tempting fate but I rather Rooney was rested, as we need him much more the following week for a huge away game at Tottenham who will take some beating.

Liverpool arent in the best of form or mental state so maybe we can afford the luxury of resting the very big names. But with these games, form and everything else goes the window. As both teams will want the win real bad especially Liverpool who will see the FA cup as their real chance of silverware this season.

I'm focused purely on our 19th League title but have a feeling SAF maybe focusing on everything as per usual as you cant teach a winner how to come second. Going to really enjoy tonights match hope its 4-4 or something along those lines. And if there must be a winner needless to say would rather it be the Gunners, not because theyre less of a threat (I actually think they may be our main threat) but because just cant stand Shitty.

Hernandez pace is enough to trouble most defenses in the prem but Liverpools will certainly struggle so i agree and do think that Rooney will sit this out or be on the bench. Of course id much prefer to win the 19th title but like you really cant see Ferguson allowing Liverpool to knock us out by fielding a weakened side, they will simply have to turn up and be the better team on the day.
I do reckon Berba will start tho
berba3rda.gif
berba2nd.gif
berba1stgoal2keepers.gif
#

Oh and by the way tonight game dosent seem to be doing Liverpools form or mental state any favors either lmao
3-0 down to Blackburn as we speak

Last edited:
What an amazing day of football it turned out to be Wednesday. Amazing if you're Manchester United.

Every one of our rivals dropped points and always nice to see Chelsea get stuffed again not to mention Liverpool. I do actually like Hodgson as a manager but never saw him as a big team manager as is showing at Liverpool. But from our point of view hes doing an even better job at Liverpool than Benitez. First there was little hope of them winning the title, now theres simply none.

Surprised to see Tottenham beaten for first time in like 12 games, should be a fantastic game next week when we face them. If we can come away with three points there that could be a huge result for us.

Cant believe we're still top and still unbeaten and have nowhere near hit form. If we can pick up some decent form now and keep our run going we can turn what was looking to be the most exciting premiership season since it begun into a three horse race at most.

But nothing is free this season as shown by the results and we've had our fair share of luck. Just think if we actually won the games we drew from a winning position we could have been out of sight. But hey cant moan as not even the keenest of Man U fans expected us to be in this position at this point.

Hopefully get a good performance against Liverpool and the players can enjoy a long deserved break from the fixture pile up over last three weeks. Then back to the business end next weekend.

been a great week being a utd fan, got our result and all the other results went our way... a number of key players rested with some important games coming up...

credit must be given to hernandez... not played in while and then grabs 2 vital goals in 2 games and he really is turning out to be some player. no moaning, plays with a smile and most importantly produces the goods... its unfortunate he's be back on the bench... there's a certain striker at the club who should take note of hernandez and how he goes on about doin things! ;)

p.s never ever want to see gibson in a utd shirt again! he is dreadful!

But nothing is free this season as shown by the results and we've had our fair share of luck.

FAIR SHARE OF LUCK LOL.

hmmm I would not really class it fair mate.

Fair would mean everyone gets the same, and we all know that's a dream lmao ;)

But hey you need that luck to win anything.

Mick

FAIR SHARE OF LUCK LOL.

hmmm I would not really class it fair mate.

Fair would mean everyone gets the same, and we all know that's a dream lmao ;)

But hey you need that luck to win anything.

Mick

Going unbeaten does require you have more than your fair share of luck but these things even out in the end, imagine how much lucks required to go a full season unbeaten ;)

Utds had a bizzare season losing late goals due to injuries in defense and also our main striker not fit or just plain shit. Whilly old Ferguson still keeps finding these gems and finding the right buttons to press in either his players or the opposition. It was a matter of time before Chelsea imploded i think i might have mentioned this to you earlier Mick that they wouldnt stay the pace. Think i also mentioned our main threat would come from Arsenal and so here we are just like the old days lmao. Wenger and Ferguson stand toe to toe in the old arena once again. Im just hoping your prediction of an Arsenal collapse around March bears fruit.

ps good luck on Sunday ;)

LOL @ gasman I will give you the chelski implode lol as I never saw that coming.

But comon you cannot compare the Arsenal team that won the double unbeaten lol... that team was amazing, your team now is not even 50% of that team lmao ;).

But I am enjoying the old times, I at last think we actually have a team that is equal to utd and better than everyone else. and wenger bought that team for next to nothing. and had vermalean not been injure all season I think we could be even closer to you now.

Mick

LOL @ gasman I will give you the chelski implode lol as I never saw that coming.

But comon you cannot compare the Arsenal team that won the double unbeaten lol... that team was amazing, your team now is not even 50% of that team lmao ;).

But I am enjoying the old times, I at last think we actually have a team that is equal to utd and better than everyone else. and wenger bought that team for next to nothing. and had vermalean not been injure all season I think we could be even closer to you now.

Mick

Wasnt comparing the squads in anyway the topic was luck and i was mearly pointing out the fact that in life and certainly in football we all get a bit of luck sometimes and sometimes it can last a full season pmsl. I think it's good for the premiership that le arse and utd are now the teams to beat it is a message to the money men that it's not as simple to just buy success. Chelsea and City are true testament to the fact that you cant buy instant success and mantain it. Le arse have always operated on a shoe string and yet maintained their top 4 status (get wenger out lmao) And despite utd's financial constraints here we still are. As for Vermaelan i could say same about ferdinand if he wasnt in jured them maybe we dont lose late goals against everton/fulham and wed be out of sight by now pmsl.

I would also like to point of that if utd do win Number 19 this season and i predict they will then King Kenny will be in charge at Liverpool to watch Sir Alex lift the league crown. It's almosty beautiful in it's own irony lmao

It's funny though that you now class bringing in youth more than buying players... you have spent more on players over the years than anyone, I respect the fact man utd made there own success and I always point at that.

But seriously had you not started paying these players stupid money then we might not even have the problems we have now.

All clubs by 2012 have to be able to support themselves... I believe utd have stopped spending silly money now because of the massive problems you have off field, all of our teams now have to reduce the wage bill's.

Will you be able to play in the champions league if you have a debt of 900 million ?

Going to be strange one if utd and the chavs are not in europes ellite, and I cannot see how city could get in either there is no way there club without the money man could afford the wages ???

Mick

It's funny though that you now class bringing in youth more than buying players... you have spent more on players over the years than anyone, I respect the fact man utd made there own success and I always point at that.

But seriously had you not started paying these players stupid money then we might not even have the problems we have now.

All clubs by 2012 have to be able to support themselves... I believe utd have stopped spending silly money now because of the massive problems you have off field, all of our teams now have to reduce the wage bill's.

Will you be able to play in the champions league if you have a debt of 900 million ?

Going to be strange one if utd and the chavs are not in europes ellite, and I cannot see how city could get in either there is no way there club without the money man could afford the wages ???

Mick

City in europes elite pmsl thats just to funny lmfao.
Fergusons Utd was always about bringing youth with the odd big signing ie the golden generation but it does go much deeper than that. Utd are constantly buying/selling and loaning out youth players and make an absolute fortune from this conveyor belt of talent, everywhere i look in the prem i see players that was once on our books. As for the Europe and it's new laws on finance then i think they are looking at wether or not the club is sustanable ie earning more than it spends not the actual levels of debt (however i could be wrong it has been known:proud:). Just now Utd as a club are winning that battle but as youve seen the squads suffered for it Ronaldo being our worst casualty. Weve also seen Chelski's reduced spending and know how thats turned out pmsl.
Im sure there will be a debt loop hole included in the legislation that will allow Madrid and Barcelona to compete ;)

The basic premise of the new law being introduced is that that clubs can only spend (on transfer fees and maybe wages) what they earn in that financial year, so that clubs will not overspend incurring debt or there will not be clubs going crazy in spending cash to go from nowhere to hitting the top (i.e. chelski and what man city are trying to do).
So this means that clubs like Man United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal, Inter Milan, etc will be able to spend the most cash because they make the most money.

It will not take into account current debt, obviously this will mean the big teams like Man United, Real Madrid, and Barca will continue to be allowed to play in the champions league.

On the wage issue, Man United have a max certain percentage of earnings that they spend on player wages and have said will not go above that, so thats fine. I'm not sure of the exact % they said but it's definitely under 50% if i remember correctly.
And United are the biggest name in world football, with the amount of money brought in through gate receipts, deals, and global merchandising there will be potential there to spend lot of money on transfers under the coming law if they wanted to, whether they will (or be allowed to by owners) is another story.

Now obviously the team to worry most about the new law will be Man City, they are clearly hoping by the time the new law comes into effect they will have created a super squad and will be winning silverware.

It will not take into account current debt, obviously this will mean the big teams like Man United, Real Madrid, and Barca will continue to be allowed to play in the champions league.

Believe me, if it was just you in the debt it would of been included, while I am all for the new ruling! It is only in place because they do not like the fact that England is the suger daddies capitol of the world.

No billionaires want anything from spain, germany, italy, they want to buy english clubs for some reason ?

This rule is to put a stop to the billionaires.

Lets go back to the quote from elniro.

Is that Fair ? to block clubs spending beyond their means, but at the same time allow clubs in... that are seriously screwed with debt.

See for us we can sustain not winning for 6 years now, and still be a top flight club I wonder what would happen to utd if they never won for 6 years with the debts you have - it is much more important that you stay at the top, and I do not like utd lol, but it would be the death of the premiership if man utd went!

Mick

Last edited:
Believe me, if it was just you in the debt it would of been included, while I am all for the new ruling! It is only in place because they do not like the fact that England is the suger daddies capitol of the world.

No billionaires want anything from spain, germany, italy, they want to buy english clubs for some reason ?

No doubt Mick if it was just english clubs in debt it would have been included. They do not like english clubs being more successful than continental clubs, they do not like the shift from Italian clubs in 90s, Spanish clubs in late 90s/early 00s to english clubs now.

It seems buying english clubs is in fashion, in particular a Premier League side. If rules were as strict as in Germany then this probably wouldnt be the case, as all these owners would need patience for their aspirations and this is a virtue they do not have.

Lets go back to the quote from elniro.

Is that Fair ? to block clubs spending beyond their means, but at the same time allow clubs in... that are seriously screwed with debt.

See for us we can sustain not winning for 6 years now, and still be a top flight club I wonder what would happen to utd if they never won for 6 years with the debts you have - it is much more important that you stay at the top, and I do not like utd lol, but it would be the death of the premiership if man utd went!

Mick

Its probably not fair, but if teams like Man United, Real Madrid, Barca, Inter Milan, etc were not allowed to play in european league the interest in the competition would plummet and that means lot less revenue for UEFA, which as we all know is something they cannot have.
Lower placed and smaller clubs would argue its not fair, because in future they would potentially be denied the same 'opportunities' that teams like Chelski and Man City have gotten

According to David Gill, Man United is at moment budgeted for a decent place league finish and qualification into europe (I am going to guess by european it means Champions League), so as long as these are met then it would be fine, but I worry if have a season like Liverpool have had and are having what then?
I really dont understand how the league or whoever would allow people to incur 100s of millions of debt on a club just so they could take ownership of it.

Back