Cracked Samsung SDG-605B/616T/616F Firmware for Xbox 1

k3nny

Inactive User
Reaction score
'22 April 2006

Whats New
-----------------
Totaly re-done to read security sector from image, will now work with all games and xbox live.
Security sector moved to image
Security sector now read from PSN $fd021e (originals) AND PSN $f9fa00 (backups. This is the next sector after end of xbox game data.)
Patched read sector routine to work with originals and backups
Patched debug cdb command (FF 66 05 or FF 06 05) for bank 0 rom checksum check to return original bank 0 rom checksum. Possible xbox live checker
Extra debug cdb command found to unlock drive without any challenge response (FF 08 01)

Tested with unmodified xbox with copy of Halo 2 made using hot swap technique, clonecd, original dvd size was psn 30000-FCxxxxx. Added security secotr to image with hex editor at psn f9fa00

Also included security sectors from games

Dont forget to include per game security sector into image. If need be, will post firmware to easily return security sector data

This will be similar to our soon to be released xbox 360 firmware.

Steps to flash drive:
---------------------

1. Plug Samsung DVD drive into PC IDE port with power still from XBOX.

2. Use included MTK Win flash program and firmware file "SDG605b.bin" and flash the drive (I used ATAPI mode).

3. Plug back into XBOX and enjoy:)

Commodore4Eva

e mail removed'

Has anyone gave this a try?

lol and also u need to write the games onto a dual layer dvd for starters its nore proof of concept showing u whats possible than a proper hack to play games if u get what im saying its not very easy to do tbh ur better off with a softmod or a chip. The prices of dl dvdr are unreal at this moment in team anways so its not worth it there just showing M$ that they haxed it to rub it in really. Thats my opinion :p

I agree b3nnyboy but as a 360 owner I thought this was a step in the right direction.

well if you want to have a go the cracked firm is on xbins

and it works is not that hard to do there are some tools to make iso etc

and i think yes it was proof of concept but also i think you can play on live as well with them

as any one got this cracked firmware of xbins bin looking for ages now ..not found it ...can someone point me to the right place...please

Launch your IRC client of
choice, and type: /server irc.efnet.net
Once connected to EFNet, type /j #xbins and then type /msg xbins !list
You will receive a private message from Xbins who will give you the location and login to the
FTP.

goto xbins and look for (pc) dir then you will see the drive firmware

Last edited:
Back