Solo 2 v4

slacky1230

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys

Sorry ain't been round for a while. I've got a v2 lorison box with an old vix clone safe image on. Now I want to update the image to the newest vix. I know I have to update to v4 how do I do this and what's the difference between v2 and v4?

Well you can try but it,s better to be safe then sorry but it,s your choice now i hav,nt flashed from v2 to v4 my box is a v2 if anybody has upgrade from v2 to v4 can you please post regards dubliner

In theory it should be possible to go from v2 to v4 as it should be a straight code replace instead of a patch but as pointed out by dubliner, most people here will have gone from v1 to v2, then v2 to v3 so the starting point for most will be v3 which has successfully been updated to v4 by a few.

step by step better than jumping all the way to the top coz it might fall down (brick) :)

with vix the feeds dont work anymore, unless you use , unless you use build 32 , is there a way to insert feeds links from that to older build ?

Thanks

I just google for whatever I want and invariably always find the ipk I'm after.

I just google for whatever I want and invariably always find the ipk I'm after.

i have a genuine solo2, and a clone solo2 se mini, which im gonna do update to brick it and see if i can recover via com, also will see if i can just insert the feeds files into older build see if works

i got the vu solo2se mini, and tried the very latest vix image build 32, box would just get stuck on vix logo loading, with network , sat feed inserted , without them it booted fine, i was trying to brick it so could try the recovery, but cant seem to brick it lol,

then updated UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 and image boots fine now with feed and network connected

also tried flashing bootloader via com and it flashed fine , really wanted it to go blank so could see it working , i wonder what they have to stop it, as it didnt have UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 before

You need to use this guide for v3 and it,s the same steps to flash the v4 upgrade aswell and after flashing v3 try the
OPENVIX-Helios vu+solo2 20140514 just to make sure v3 is doing it,s job then flash the v4 and your good to go ,regards dubliner
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/395812-solo-2-update-ver.html l credit to aliraza63 for that

I just got my SOLO 2 SE box, hopefully I will have a chance to play with it at the weekend. It's a Lorrisun boxBTW

I am looking to upgrade to V4 but before doing so is it possible to determine what is the current version? I just wonder whether the box is already loaded with version 3 or possibly even 4?

Thanks

I just got my SOLO 2 SE box, hopefully I will have a chance to play with it at the weekend. It's a Lorrisun boxBTW

I am looking to upgrade to V4 but before doing so is it possible to determine what is the current version? I just wonder whether the box is already loaded with version 3 or possibly even 4?

Thanks

it doesnt matter just flash UPDADE TOOLS_20140905

only way i know UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 aint flashed , try latest vix apollo build 32 and with feed and network cable it will stay stuck on boot screen,

it doesnt matter just flash UPDADE TOOLS_20140905

only way i know UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 aint flashed , try latest vix apollo build 32 and with feed and network cable it will stay stuck on boot screen,

on the VU-HD website there is a UPDADE TOOLS_20140906, I suppose it is this one the one you meant?

on the VU-HD website there is a UPDADE TOOLS_20140906, I suppose it is this one the one you meant?

yes as you take it out of winrar / zip folder will be UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 lol

Has anyone been using the latest ORIGINAL openViX apollo v37 or v40 from openvix.co.uk AFTER THE V4 update? does it brick it? or we good to go?
also does anyone know the file location of the kernal on firmware?

Has anyone been using the latest ORIGINAL openViX apollo v37 or v40 from openvix.co.uk AFTER THE V4 update? does it brick it? or we good to go?
also does anyone know the file location of the kernal on firmware?

yes it works fine, but who knows what will happen , timebomb ? unless you have a easy recovery why bother or dont mind soldering flash chips

i have lorisun and i did flash UPDADE TOOLS_20140905 .. so im on V4 ? sorry im lost .... i just received this receiver this morning, i did have lost of dreambox and icloud ibox clone, but solo 2 se seem new for me...

if ist V4, what we can do ? flash original firmware ??
i did flash BH 2.3.0.0 from VU-HD.com 2.1.1 ist seem

thanks for you help and support

edit :

just found black-hole-2-1-4-solo-v4
Black Hole 2.1.4 Solo² V4

spzjulien we can not use original images they will brick your box regardsless of the v4 fireware just stick with clone safe images and you will be fine and have a look at ketemp opollo image in downloads here on DWZ or vu-hd or the german images are safe aswell regards dubliner

Hi guys,
I am quite new to linux receivers.
Just found out !!! that my VU is clone! ;=)
It says it is VU Solo 2 SE. As I managed to discover it is Lonrison (not Sunray) - it had a sticker with vu-hd.com on it.
It doesnt really bother me that it is a clone. My concerns are how to find right image. When I bought it, it had BlackHole (dont know which) , but it stopped working 2 days ago when I ftp-ed new channels list into it. (it stopped seeing satelites) Was trying to sort it out and only flashing new image helped - right now it is on OpenVix Helios 016 downloaded from vu-dh website. But I just dont like it. Would like to get something else but I really dont know what I actually can flash. In some images it says it is only for Lonrison v4. What does it mean? Can I flash it? How can I check what ver I have? I bought it 2 or 3 years ago. If I have v2 (for instance) what should I do (is it possible at all) to go to v4?

For you propably these questions are silly, but as I mentioned I am newbie to linux. Any help appreciated.
Cheers
mkiggy

Back