ZGemma Star 2S Crossepg and USB

Jodydoc

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have the box mentioned in title, basically..when i configure crossepg to save to usb..all is well until i boot the box up again say in the morning, i get a constant vix spin logo, a channel info appears blank and stays frozen after some time. when i turn off and take the usb out, all boots fine apart from no epg data obviously. any ideas?

Hi guys, i have the box mentioned in title, basically..when i configure crossepg to save to usb..all is well until i boot the box up again say in the morning, i get a constant vix spin logo, a channel info appears blank and stays frozen after some time. when i turn off and take the usb out, all boots fine apart from no epg data obviously. any ideas?

After you configure crossepg are you doing a soft reboot to force it to save the settings ? If your just placing the box in standby then killing the power it may cause issues like this.

hi Ferret, thanks for your reply. Im pretty sure i held power button in and then went to restart. shall i plug the stick back in then do that again?

hi Ferret, thanks for your reply. Im pretty sure i held power button in and then went to restart. shall i plug the stick back in then do that again?

Set crossepg back up then on your remote do a restart.

If your still having issues after that then un install crossepg and reinstall it and try again.

hi Ferret, cheers. still no luck, i set up cross epg again and it didnt work. i then uninstalled, rebooted and installed again to no avail (i had to remove usb for the box to boot past splash screen)

i even tried initializing the usb and creating a swap file.

the box boots if i de-select the "reload on boot" option, but I want it to so everytime the box is powered up the epg is there and not to manually have to do it.

any ideas bud?

Its brand new is a cruzer edge the same one the works 100% with my other 2 boxes.

as for the mount point thing, i wouldnt be too sure. would it be an image problem?

Its brand new is a cruzer edge the same one the works 100% with my other 2 boxes.

as for the mount point thing, i wouldnt be too sure. would it be an image problem?

Its possible im just trying to explore all options.

Use device manager to check the mount point

Ihave the same problem plus when I change channels the picture comes on split second then goes blank for 4/5 seconds then stays on very frustrating.
any help would be appreciated gibby21 music

hi..what seemed to work for me was..(all good without reload on boot)

i unistalled crossepg, did a scan of autobouquetsmaker, set it to scan daily and 03:45 or watever time u prefer, then reinstalled crossepg, configured it to scan daily at 04:00. i then held in power button, did a restart and all seems fine now. there must be a problem only with the reload on reboot, but this is not needed using the above method anyway. Hope this helps you, let me know if i can be of further assistance

Back