Yodel Nayyyyyyyyyyy..........

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't ask for much, but when you pay for next day delivery on some items, you kind of expect it.

I have £120 worth of untreated wood, delivered today sitting outside in the rain, they are rather long lengths which I'm now struggling to move and keep in various locations around my house to avoid them becoming sodden, but I was rather hoping to do some DIY. In the same day I arranged for other materials (joist hangers, nails, screws, some twin & earth cabling, etc etc) to be delivered at the same time.

But no, its not that easy....according to Yodel.

Apparently they don't employ profressional delivery drivers, they employ Bob down the road in his Vauxhall Astra or Adrian from Margate in his Honda Civic with coloured spinners and boom box in order to provide you with a "better personable service" and later deliveries. Additionally these same drivers have the option, should they so wish to buy a map or use a Sat Nav and if your a poor unfortunate who gets someone that a) doesn't know the area b) can't be arsed looking and doesn't even own a map, which I find incomprehensible as a delivery driver or c) finds it easy just to ignore you and report back at 10:25 am "Consignee cannot be reached" without actually bothering their arse to go out, then your screwed.

I don't want a better personable service, I want my f****ng goods delivered on the day I asked for them.

Last edited:
Nothing more annoying mate! I find dpd's service around here to be completely unacceptable, your parcel always gets marked as 'noone home' when you track it online despite being in all day and takes a few days later to finally get it and the couriers are always rude and cocky as fook.

Snotty cow on the phone with an answer for everything, told her she might want to think twice and look at some of the reviews over how much Yodel screw up deliveries. I mean who the fook doesn't have a map or a sat nav these days, and even more so how the fook can you miss a road that is off a main road, i mean it's not like I live in a feckin sand hut in a marsh or something, I'm sure the sign next to my house with the fook off big numbers on the door are a dead giveaway

DPD I hate with a passion, they are rude and such an awkward company to re-arrange deliveries with. If your not at home then they won't leave it with a neighbour unless its the 2nd attempt.

City Link are the only ones so far I've never had issue with.

Last edited:
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Parcel returned to delivery depot:
10/05/12 09:33
MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE

Consignee Cannot Be Reached
09/05/12 10:25
MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY

Cheeky barstewards, just spoke to them and I have to wait until tomorrow, but there is no gurantee if the driver can't find the house again.....

Absolute fookin joke.

Spoke to the company i ordered the stuff from and they are going to talk to Yodel.

ive just ha d a nightmare with parcel 2 go via hermes they never picked up on said day so i rang to ask why to be told pick ups arnt garrenteed ok so why do i pay up front then?
then they cam 3 days later and lost the parcel at depot
its just got on its way to its destination albiet 2 weeks later and a very angry punter

Absolutelyfookingridonkulous, I am going mental. I've wasted 4 days leave now for something I had planned to do.

Despite being promised yesterday I'm now being told Monday!!

What's equally frustrating is I ordered goods from the same place at 3pm yesterday and they were delivered today at 08:15 by Parcel Force, goes to show how crap other couriers are.

They've probably lost (mislaid) the goods somewhere. :(

If they just said that I wouldn't mind, apparently they are "looking into" getting it to me today...

Last updated shows

Scanned as part of secure process 11/05/12 MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE

Well the lies continue, apparently despite being told this morning that someone would call me to confirm either way the delivery there was never any intention too and the delivery is now Tuesday.

When i explained the situation his answer was "Well there you go, you have answered your own question, it's not getting delivered today" Of course I just flipped completely and i don't normally get that irate. I even told the agent on the phone that he should find another company to work for as Yodel are incompotent from start to finish lol!

Now I have to drive to the Depot in Manchester, typical.

Finally got it, parcel looked like it had been run over with the Van......

Appears to be nothing missing, but then I'm hardly going to count nails, screws, joist hangers etc.....despite the fact they had burst open in the box and it was wrapped up in a piss poor attempt by Yodel to hold it together.

Exos, I used to be a courier and like in all jobs there are some excellent ones and there are some p*ss poor ones.
I stated courier work for a company called Target as an owner/driver on a contract, which all their couriers and HGV drivers were. Because we were our own companies within a company (much like a franchise) the large majority of us had pride in our job and the service we provided and as such we were paid a reasonable return.
Target were taken over by City Link (who you say you have had no problem with so far !). City Link cut costs and wages so much that the majority of the ex-Target couriers have now left because it became almost financially impossible to continue as owner drivers.
City Link like most of the parcel delivery companies is now nearly all employed drivers who are paid minimum wage and are expected to deliver increasingly more parcels each day and are being penalised for missing timed deliveries. So very few have any pride in what they are doing and will make very little effort to check if neighbours can take parcels etc and spend no time at all trying to find "difficult" addresses (house names, no numbers, awkward locations).
The guys in the cars that you see regularly now are not employed or on contract to the couriers but are phoned up and used as and when, so they usually don't give a toss.
Another problem is the way the parcels are handled and thrown about with complete disregard by some of the handlers and also the fact that each parcel will be loaded and unloaded onto 4 or 5 different vehicles before reaching its destination. Admittedly, some parcels are very poorly wrapped and would not survive even being carried on a silk cushion !!! some do receive excessive abuse.
On several occassions I received boxes containing glass which was obviously smashed to bits and was expected to deliver these, I refused and was reported to the Depot Manager who tried to say I was not doing my job by not delivering them. It was only when I pointed out that the broken glass represented I Health and Safety problem to me in case I cut myself and also my load which contained foodstuff and hospital supplies that could become contaminated by the broken glass, that he agreed I did not have to take the delivery out.
So like all services they are in decline because of cuts and the fact that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys !!!!
And, like all other large businesses the "fat cats" are paid obscene salaries and bonuses and are completely out of touch with what is really going on, as they are only interested in statistics and money saving on levels below them.

Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, but I am sometimes of the thinking it could be one off....

So had two other orders again, same company, one came by Parcel Force, delivered yesterday and another by USELESS RETARDS YODEL which I'm guessing it's come via them because of the weight.

WTF is this? Does that really read like they signed it out to the delivery driver but couldn't even managed to load it on a van!

Parcel returned to delivery depot 18/05/12 MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY
Passed to delivery courier 18/05/12 18:53 MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY
In Transit 18/05/12 18:53 MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY
Out for delivery 18/05/12 18:53 MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY
Parcel with courier for delivery 18/05/12 MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY
DELIVERED - Left as authorised 18/05/12 09:41 NULL MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY
No Parcel But Data 18/05/12 09:41 MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY
Out for delivery 18/05/12 06:56 MANCHESTER HOME DELIVERY
Passed to delivery courier 18/05/12 05:46 MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE
Arrived At Depot 18/05/12 04:18 MANCHESTER SERVICE CENTRE
Departed Depot 17/05/12 23:16 HATFIELD TERMINAL
Arrived At Depot 17/05/12 23:13 HATFIELD TERMINAL
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 17/05/12 YEOVIL SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL)

Last edited:
I feel your pain, I have used parcel2go 3 times and 3 times they have failed to pick up the parcel. Spent an hour talking to them the other night only to be given the "no guarantees" cr*p they offered me 20% off my next order, you don't want to know my reply to that! Eventually I told them to cancel went via my local post office for cheaper and it was there the next day.

Not ALL Yodel drivers are ignorant morons.As stated earlier,you get good and bad in every job.

I am a delivery driver for Yodel and i make a point of attempting to deliver all goods i have on the same day that i load them.

I even make the effort to try and re-deliver of an evening up to 9pm if the customer phones me.

I ALWAYS leave a card with my phone number on it so the customer can contact me to arrange re-delivery.

I will even keep parcels at my house for 3 days to allow the customer to collect from me if they wish.

Please do not tar us all with the same brush.Some of us are actually concentious about our work and try and put us in the customers position.We do endeavour to keep the customer happy.

After all,without the customer,people like me would be out of work.

Not ALL Yodel drivers are ignorant morons.As stated earlier,you get good and bad in every job.

I am a delivery driver for Yodel and i make a point of attempting to deliver all goods i have on the same day that i load them.

I even make the effort to try and re-deliver of an evening up to 9pm if the customer phones me.

I ALWAYS leave a card with my phone number on it so the customer can contact me to arrange re-delivery.

I will even keep parcels at my house for 3 days to allow the customer to collect from me if they wish.

Please do not tar us all with the same brush.Some of us are actually concentious about our work and try and put us in the customers position.We do endeavour to keep the customer happy.

After all,without the customer,people like me would be out of work.

Sorry buddy i know I'm being generalistic, Yodel are a joke, their "home delivery drivers" are a joke, their management or lack thereof are a joke. I tried to speak to one of their management team to be told I would be wasting my time as they wouldnt call me back anyway.....what the hell company policy is that?

You may be the diamond in the rough but on the whole my experience of Yodel as a company is abysmal. Just do a search for Yodel/HDNL and see how many irate people there are because they can't get basics right.

I might even be forgiven in saying it's just one of those things...but this is TWICE in a matter of a week and two different problems, imagine what it's like with 5000 drivers and millions of packages.

Last edited:
Back