ylod

turner brown

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone near walsall that can fix this
its my brother in laws and went for the first time last night
i could get him to post it up here but would be better to pay someone near him to fix

just fixed my 60gb last night and all has been ok so far played burnout paradise online for like 3 hours straight after and it was fine and kinda running more quiet and cooler it seems.

i think you should attempt it yourself or get someone you know who is good with electronics and do honestly it is not that hard ,i followed the famous "gilsky" guide from youtube and also downloaded his pdf guide too in total it cost me £6 yes £6 and thats because i used arctic silver 5 thermal paste or it could have been even cheaper! but you will need a heat gun too i borrowed a mates so it was ok but you can get them on ebay for like £14 so still not bad

watch a few videos and read a few guides and get the feel of what is involved and take it from there,you will be suprised at how much crap is inside that console

fell free to come back here if you need more info or advice

its not my ps3 its a brother in laws and he is 300 miles away
i would rather give the 30 quid to someone local to him thats on the forum and can do the job
if it was mine i would do it myself but the postage would be £20 here and back and you know what happens
as soon as you touch familys items

hmm i see what you mean so you need someone near to walsall but £30 sound cheap doesnt it or is that a price you think some random guy would charge ? im sure there are companies online offering this repair but prices will be more but then i think you get some sort of 3 month warranty im not sure . Also you need to give it to someone you know or someone recomended because you dont want to get scammed or have any old person opening up the console and just doing as they please maybe even swapping parts etc or even running off with the console

so if you want someone else to do it then it wil have to someone you know or a company that is reputable

also from my research the best option is to go for a reball process as this the only fix that will last

TBrown..

If your interested I could recommend some1 who I have used several times for friends and families - top bloke he is and a honest person too - is around the Birmingham area charges £45 for the repair and gives you 6 months warranty - he's got proper tools n equipment.

PM if you want I'll give you the details

-Badaman

what sort or repair is it mate? a reball? if not how much is a reball? as if you look into the ylod error you will learn that reball is the best repair as it will last for a long time rather than a reflow at home as many people and pro's do which is just a "temp fix" it may just be £10-£15 difference

Back