Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

yet another new image

When this does get released I think we should include it in a detailed post explaining a few issues with installing, upgrading etc... so that we can make it as simple as possible for members to install... however it's quite fun trouble shooting things to make it work :)

Almost there anyway.

I am just installing the tuner files (well in a min)

and looking for the download of MGCAMD - having a nightmare finding this to be honest.

I found the install local extensions option :) now just need the file to proceed.

Mick

hopefully ellie will be able to compile the tuner drivers in :)

the ipk files, some or all will be compiled in :) shouldn't be much for the end user to do :)

Lovely, seems very stable :)

Had no remote errors at all!!!...

A few things that would be nice.

Being able to control the softcams from the blue button (restart/stop/start/change scam).
Being able to go into service searching (tuners, etc) from the blue button.

Having our own section on the blue button where we can get rats bouquets, the DW forum reader, anything else related to DW.
I know you can get these from various places but thought it would be nice to be able to get our own little area :)

Be nice if we could also get a DWSKIN going or DWIZE a skin and have that as standard when it gets compiled?

Hope I am not asking to much... if it wont work or we cant do something no problem :)

Mick

Last edited:
:)
there is a DW cutomised skin already, not sure if its been ported over from TM800(brushed alu) and LT6-HD being worked on :)
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/278273/

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/258438/#post1911099

Ive asked as well for a ppanel so all DW goodies can be obtained from :) https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/278907/ that can accessed via blue button :)

so I might be asking too much too lol

Im sure we will be told to fook right off if we are mate ;)

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive asked as well for a ppanel so all DW goodies can be obtained from :) https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/278907/ that can accessed via blue button :)

what sort of ppanel for DW goodies m8?

i need to recode about another 5 or 6 scripts, and my main plugin is then all ready to run on ANY E2 receiver (i been quietly working away on that ;))

or do you mean another new plugin, containing your channel updater, the DW forum reader pugin and the options to download DW-ised skin packages?

thinking about it, once i have these few scripts sorted out, i could merge the DW forum reader plugin into my existing plugin, and EVERYTHING ive made will then be available

Last edited by a moderator:
just a ppanel like was on the TM800 really mate
where some stuff can be added like spinners, and some custum stuff that you or ellie customise can be added to it

if you are making it work on all E2 boxes that that will be good enough :)

I have had the TV on all day, no glitches nothing, and it works with all satellite's unlike that other image which greys out all the satellites channels.

Looking good ellie, well done mate, and thanks very much for all the effort.

Mick

Having our own section on the blue button where we can get rats bouquets, the DW forum reader, anything else related to DW.
I know you can get these from various places but thought it would be nice to be able to get our own little area :)

i can create a python scripted plugin to do this, itll take me a little while to learn how to do it, but, i KNOW that it can be done, as ViX has this, and its all run from a pre installed plugin thats setup during their compiling

the only thing thats stopped me (so far) from creating a DW 'version' is that like so many people now, they only release 'compiled' code, that will ONLY work on certain receivers running specific firmware, instead of releasing the self compiling source so that itll work on any receiver, which as part of the 'free' python license thingy, theyre all meant to do, but, i know that things like this have caused MASSIVE problems in the past, so i havent even attempted to ask for it

but

if anyone can decompile optomised python scripts (.pyo files), then i could probably get it done within a couple of days

hmmmmmmmm, the new TM-TWIN images are written on the 'open-vix' source, and ive got SVN details for that, but cant actually get at it...........

i WILL get this working ;)

I have to second that, had it on since yesterday and Ive been installing and uninstalling things like you wouldent belive testing things for ellie, Ive done that many restarts the bootscreen has been on more than the tv lol
seriously though its been rock solid upto now :thumbsup:
cheers ellie

Ive just installed the modified skins via telnet (cheers digi) and see the telnet screen too :)

Attachments

• telnet.JPG
    telnet.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 6
a little off topic i know (unusual for DW that is lol) but, from source i have here, and after speaking with ellie earlier, we 'could' be able to compile for quite a number of different receivers, heres a snippet of code from the ONE fileset i have, which shows just how many receivers just this one set can compile for

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

in a wierd sort of way, its nice to see it wasnt just UR-iQ who used this sort of system lol

Last edited:
Will the new image when ellie has time also have the sl82b installed.

The only reason I ask is because that is the only thing I have done differently, I installed the dw image, the I installed the 82B nfi file after...

just letting you know how I installed it.

@digi regarding post 50, surely a switch array would be better than all them elseifs?

I have no idea about python/c/etc but the majority of code is quite similar, and if I had all them elseif's in php I would certainly think about a switch.

Mick

Last edited:
Yes the release image will have the latest 84b bootloader in it.
Still got some playing about to do as need to learn how to add other ipk files (rats bouquet, tspanel etc) into the feed.
Hoping can do the same for dm600, dm500hd, dm800, dm8000 and the vu boxes there are 2 test images for the dm800 and dm800 clone and digi has already done a vu+ image. It's getting the time thats the problem but we are on our way.

Back