yahoo search bar cant delete

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
I have a yahoo search bar in my firefox browser and I dont want it lol I hate yahoo always have Ive checked my program folder files both program and program (x86) and yahoo isnt there ive tried unistall option under control pannel and yahoo search bar isnt there.

Is it part of firefox why cant I find yahoo any where on my computer im lost how can I get rid of this yahoo search bar its getting on my tits I dont even know where It came from.

The fact I cant find it on my pc or delete it is doing my head in ?? how can I delete it when It cant even find the files or folder lol

blah blah blah seems a stupid thing but it is grating on is Ive even tried the computer search bar and It brings up nothing.

Any ideas people how come I have a yahoo search bar and no yahoo folder to delete it are get rid ffs :licker:

Try this
In the Yahoo search bar at the top right of your page there is a down arrow. Click on it and you will see a short list of choices and one is "Manage Search Engines". Click on that and remove Yahoo (and any others you don't want) from the list
then click on OK, and exit Firefox and return to Firefox, you will get a message "notify me before changes to my settings" ..and...."allow changes to my settings"....choose allow changes and then click on ok....exit from Firefox and come back see if that works.

Last edited:
Fergals' advice is for the search box at the top right of Firefox. By default it's Google. It can actually be removed altogether by following these instructions: How do I customize the toolbars? | How to | Firefox Help

However, if it's an actual browser toolbar then some are managed only through Firefox itself as an extension: Click the orange (purple in privacy mode) Firefox button in the top left > Add-ons. In the add-ons manager go to Extensions or Appearance > select the yahoo! toolbar > Remove. If prompted restart Firefox/computer.

The bar may well have been installed by a different program, e.g. Java, Adobe Reader...

Try this
In the Yahoo search bar at the top right of your page there is a down arrow. Click on it and you will see a short list of choices and one is "Manage Search Engines". Click on that and remove Yahoo (and any others you don't want) from the list
then click on OK, and exit Firefox and return to Firefox, you will get a message "notify me before changes to my settings" ..and...."allow changes to my settings"....choose allow changes and then click on ok....exit from Firefox and come back see if that works.

As easy as that lol Im a right dork cheers anyway fergal I cant belive myself sometimes ha ha

Im just comfirming that geordies are thick after all hee hee

Back