xp sp2 patch

avid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Computer World is advising that Microsoft has released an update to Windows XP to fix a potentially serious configuration problem in the firewall that ships as part of Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).

Users who installed SP2 on their Windows XP machines and also have file and printer sharing enabled may have been sharing their files and printers with the entire Internet, according to Microsoft.

By default, file and printer sharing makes changes to the SP2 firewall to give computers on the "local network" access to shared resources. However, the definition of that local network depends on the Internet service provider (ISP). In some cases, especially with dial-up ISPs, it meant the entire Internet, according to Microsoft.

Source: Computer World

Bill Gates :littleang or : grim : you decide

F*cking Microsoft does it again! What a bunch of useless tossers. : tosser : : tosser :

:SHOOTING: Bill Gates :Kickassro

lol,

sp2 dont work on my machine anyway. i installed it and i cocked everthing up. i just went back to sp1.!

sp2 cocked mine up, i formatted and updated all of windows before i installed anything else been fine so far (4 - 5 months)

Back