XGD3 Gears 3 burned success Vertabim Disc but Arkham City Disc unreadable please help

pilot_riaz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I just managed to sucessfully burn Gears 3 on Vertabim Disc on a IHAS 124B drive. It works on my 360
I just burned Arkham City on Vertabim disc. In the 360 it says disc unreadable.
I am using IMG Burn 2.5.6.0
2.4x write speed
Vertabim disc i do not know which number it is e.g. MKM 0003 It does not say any numbers on the disc.
Gears 3 worked fine, strange Arkham City does not work?
Any ideas anyone?

regards, Riaz

Re: XGD3 Gears 3 burned success Vertabim Disc but Arkham City Disc unreadable please

I have managed to burn Arkham City now. I burned it at 4x and set OPC on.
When i run the game it says an update is required to play this game, press yes to update. If you do not update you will not be able to play this game.
Is it safe to press yes and update?
Will the update remove the flashed firmware on the XBox 360?

Re: XGD3 Gears 3 burned success Vertabim Disc but Arkham City Disc unreadable please

When i run the game it says an update is required to play this game, press yes to update. If you do not update you will not be able to play this game.

what dashboard you on mate ?

I have found out what is going on now. I am going to wait for LT3.0 I will then have to reburn my XGD3 games.
I found this thread, details below (i'm not postiing link to the site as i'm not sure if a newbie can post links)

As the new microsoft dashboard update is being released on the 6th of december, LT+ 3.0 is going to be released after that.
The next dashboard update will have the new dae.bin file in it.
A new Xbox Backup creator is being made that will analyze each XGD3 game and will let us gain access to game specific data that is required to defeat ap2.5 challenges. Backups created with the new XBC will have this data in them already.
We will have to use abgx360 1.0.6 to inject this extracted data into the disc. Which means that every XGD3 game has to be re-burnt
Every XGD3 game including the 6 XGD2 ap2.5 games wont work on LT+ 3.0 and will have to be re-burnt.
XGD2 games apart from the 5 ap2.5 games wont have to be re-burnt and will work fine on LT+ 3.0
So what does this mean for everyone here?

1. Users who are on LT+ 2.0 and play games online:

Upgrading to LT+ 3.0 is a must for you. You will have to reburn all your XGD3 games. Burning games with truncated method is NOT recommended AT ALL as the next dashboard updated will target these backups.

2. Users who are on LT+ 2.0 and always play offline:

Assuming that your console didn’t go online on the 16th and will never do so in the future, until microsoft starts integrating the new dae.bin file in their future games you are safe. You will be able to play current XGD3 games without any problems. But as soon as future releases start having this update in them ( which will happen very soon) you will have to upgrade to LT+ 3.0 and you will have to reburn every XGD3 you play offline.

3. People who are still on older firmwares and plan to upgrade soon.

Wait…. LT+ 3.0 will release after the 6th of december. Upgrading to any other firmware right now is a waste of your time and resources

4. People who are on LT+ 2.0 and are planning to burn any XGD3 game.

DONT DO IT. Wait for the new abgx360 to release, when it does, patch your iso using it and then burn it. Burning XGD3 games now is kinda foolish as you’ll have to re-burn them anyway.

5. Extra note.
After LT+ 3.0 and abgx360 1.0.6 have been released, you DO NOT HAVE TO download the games again. You just need to patch your iso using abgx360 and simply burn them again.

You can play Arkham City if you are on dash 13604, but it will revert your drive firmware back to stock. So you can either:

- Manually restore your drive to stock with JF, update with USB to dash 13604 (NOT the latest December 6th Dash !). Reflash LT+ 2.0.

- Wait until LT +3.0.

The reason Arkham City doesnt work is because your probably on an old dash. I have LT+ 2.0 and dash 13604 and Arkham City works fine. It didnt ask for any update to be applied. My console has never been online or connected to live.

Upgrading to LT+ 3.0 is a must for you. You will have to reburn all your XGD3 games.

Unless you have a pre 78/79 Hitachi or a Samsung based console

Back