XGD3 Burning question

madonion

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi a friend has just burned an 8.4gb image of need for speed the run onto a dual layer using clone cd but a standard dvdrw (not a ihas b) he used the method 'write until end of media is reached' and it burned with no errors and plays fine in the xbox.

My question is will it be safe to go on live of will it have still missed something out despite saying the burn was completed ok?

Thank you

I would say unsafe for live use , going by what i have read as it`s missed data out.Like leemoo has said run the burned disc through abgx , if you see any `Red` it`s not safe.

He has basically truncated the burn, therefore its missing the last 3% of the disc. According to C4/TJ this is not safe for live.

Ok, my mistake. He is using a iHas B burner but it said that it still reported not enough space on the disk despite having flashed with burnermax firmware. Any reason for this?

clone cd reports:

Image doesnt fit on destination disc!
Space available 8334 mbyte
Space required 8152 mbyte

please select how to proceed

Try to overburn
Write until end of media is reached

Thanks

Last edited:
Don't know if it makes any difference but imgburn was the recommended software.

You still truncate the burn with clonecd. You have to use imgburn to burn the whole disc.

What media is being used?

There's a few threads around on this when they 1st come out and there's a PDF with the settings that you should have in "iamgeburn"

With thanks too "C3PO" for them in the other post some time ago.

Image Burn settings:

OPC ON

Write Speed: 4x (I've stopped verifying now. 10 xgd3 discs burnt verified installed and played no problems).

Burn Proof OFF.

Set buffer to 72MB ...

Drive Settings set with Smart Drive 3.5.5:

Force HT: Yes, Online HT: Yes, OverSpeed: No, SmartBurn: Yes.

Settings for you to check at the bottom of THIS PDF

Hello mate, It has been said by everyone in the know that you should be using verbatim if you intend to be going online with the game as this reduces the risk supposedly.

dont think that is what they are saying m8
any dl disc will work on xbl but some discs are a pain and give a lot of fails/coasters
the verbs from singapore are the ones i use

all ways used verbs, not only for the dye being good and there fore lots less stress on your laser, but just better all round,

Think there's a list of which ones, but any "Verbs" will do you....

Shaun127 posted something a while back on them.

HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
There's actually stuff out there that will show you the quality of the burn (should you wish to go that in-depth) Kprobe I think it is.

K-probe/Kprobe is a liteon testing tool or a DVD Media Quality Testing Software that can be used by
Lite-On DVD Burners on the PC. The program produces K-probe Scans that show the PI (Parity Inner) and the PIF / PO (Parity Outer) of the DVD Media, which in turn shows the quality of the dvd media. CI/CO errors that Kprobe reads are for CD Media. The latest Kprobe is Kprobe2 and you can download the Freeware here Kprobe2, which has a "Check Update" feature that you can be used to upgrade to the latest version of Kprobe / K-probe / Kprobe2

HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back