Xbox not recognising disc :(

Sameira

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just burned the Slayer v1.6 ISO to a Datawrite yellow top DVD-R as an image of corse. Wen i put it in the xbx it cums up wit the message tht the disc is not recognised blah blah blah ive even tried on a bulqpaq cd same message appears :(:(

any help plz

Have you set up a bios on your chip? you need that first before any non MS disc will boot.

Yeh i hav dun the bios update thingy, got it sent by Elite, hav tried the disc on bank 1 and 2 still not recognising it and hav tried playing original games they work ok

Hi mate
there are 3 types of xbox drives & some of them are really picky on what brand & type of dvd r disc you use.
I have a xbox with a samsung drive & it will read dvd-r's(all the brands I have tried work !) & cdrw's, my brother in-laws is a thomson drive & his will only read certain brands of -r's, couple of mates at wotk have the philips drives & they are REALLY picky, they work best with Infinity dvd's (i think there +r's)

Hope this helps

Wavey

aye, this ones a Thomson :( ive burnt to Tuff Disc CDR Ridisc DVD-R Datawrite DVD-R and a Memorex DVD+RW, stupid drive must be really picky lol. But i used the Datawrite dvd 2 write the flash an it did tht fine : shocked2

Hiya Sam

what prog did you use to burn the image, as the Thomson drives are fussy but not that fussy especially when it read your BIOS disk on the same media.
What chip did u fit, was it the xecuter 2.6? and which BIOS have you loaded?

ooo lots of questions lol :)

Ive used Nero, only prog i use to burn

its a Xecuter 2.6 CE

Uhhm thebios is 1mb in size gt it sent by Elite

I jus tried a Phips and a Samsung Drive non of the discs ive burned are read keeps cumin up wit tht error, so wither all these cdiscs ive used are shite or its the rong slayer thingy or im burning rong but im following tuts :(

Really silly question, and I'm embarassed for even asking, but have you burnt the disk as an image, ie open nero, close all express/wizards and selected burn image from one of the drop downs? I know, I know lol but I had to ask :)
Its a V1.0 or a V1.1 u have isn't it? (I'm just gathering some more info lol, every little helps ;))
Edit: What screen do you get when u boot up ur xbox with no disk in? Try it with the switch in the first position and then turn off and try it in the other position and let me know what u get on the screen.

Last edited:
Hey guys, yes @bard i hav burnt as an image....lol, well i dunno wots happenin i tried liek 5 different discs in Nero an non of thm worked, i thn gt hold of DVD Dycrypter used 1 disk an it workked straight away : shocked2

Like all the tuts wer saying 2 use Nero i wasted like 5 dvd's wit nero tut tut o well atleast i gt the xbx chipped without burning anything this time :proud:

Thnks every1 :)

P.S thnks 2 Elite for sending me the right files an tellin me wtf 2 do lol

with nero im sure theres a setting you have to change or the discs wont work. glad its working in the end

madnlooney said:
with nero im sure theres a setting you have to change or the discs wont work. glad its working in the end

finalise the disk must be selected

Back