Xbox Help

wavey123

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought an xbox game ( i know an original.... me !!!LOL) its midnight club 2, this game rules but the copy i had had all the network play bits ripped out of it, hence why I bought the original !

So I have got it all ready for a bit of xbconnect on line play but when I want to multilink it says I have to start up an xbox live account & it wants to install xbox live on to my console. hmmmm Now my xbox is chipped & has the xecuter dash installed so the question Im asking myself ( oh and you !!) if I let it instal this horrid xbox live thing will it feck my hard drive up on the xbox!!!
Anyone with a chipped box installed xbox live & lived to tell the tail ?????

Thanks in advance

WaVeY

Dont do it unless u can turn the chip of when u go on line or u will be detected and banned PERMINANTLY! Better to buy an unchipped second hand one and use that ,live play rules,its what the games are designed for.

wavey123 said:
Anyone with a chipped box installed xbox live & lived to tell the tail

Do that and it will overwrite the .xbe evox startup file so you will need the ftp server software on dvd to get the evox one back. Also Not checked on this for sometime but they did start banning xbox's with the modchips switched off. People were coming up with all kinds of idea's as to how they were getting this information but like I said I've not checked to see if there is away around it now

Xbox live will ban any modded/chipped console, but xbconnect is a different story altogether - all consoles allowed :)

I forgot about this post !! LOL
I did the update, it didnt effect my evo dashboard or the boot sequence on my xbox hard drive, it just added the live option to the old ms-dash.
As for going on line I only use xbconnect, I think MS have enough money so I dont think I'll ever use Xbox LIVE.

Thanks for all your replies

Back