Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Xbox Error 16 Help

addictweb

Inactive User
I somehow corrupted my softmod install and i get the Error 16 code. I have two other working softmodded xboxs so i thought i would try this fix i found:

-Get a friend with a modded xbox.
-Unlock his hdd with eeprom management from a slayer evo-x cd.
-Than, place his hdd in your xbox.
-Boot with your chip on.
-Now the xbox DOES find a dashboard when you boot in original mode and you can set the time in the msdashboard clock settings.
-Shut off xbox and remove your friends hdd
-PLace his hdd back in his xbox and lock it again
-Install your hdd
-(clock has been set) So boot up with slayer cd.
-Install normally whatever you wanna install
-lock hdd

However, when I insert the unlocked working HD I get an Error 5 message (unlocked HD) - which makes sense. But I still cant boot any disks or get to the dash to set the time. Plugging the original HD back in results in the same Error 16 as before.

I dont have a PC available for hotswapping either.

Anyone got any ideas where I might be going wrong with the fix?

I somehow corrupted my softmod install and i get the Error 16 code. I have two other working softmodded xboxs so i thought i would try this fix i found:

However, when I insert the unlocked working HD I get an Error 5 message (unlocked HD) - which makes sense. But I still cant boot any disks or get to the dash to set the time. Plugging the original HD back in results in the same Error 16 as before.

I dont have a PC available for hotswapping either.

Anyone got any ideas where I might be going wrong with the fix?

I think the only way your are gonna b able to fix this is if you pop the drive in a modded box (i.e. flashed or chip installed), boot from a bootcd, ftp to the box and see if you can pull the eeprom off your drive - It should have created a backup depending on which softmod you used. You can then use this file to create a working drive to pop back into the original box. I think this would work

You will need a PC to do this though

Back