Xbox BIOS and stuff

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
have just chipped my xbox using a spiderchip v1.1, now i have to flash it, any help on what bios, where from, etc would be great

anyone?? lol

theres 4 options on the screen, load bios from disc, load bios from hdd (c:/bios), unlock hdd and lock hdd, what do i do with these?

ive also got a cable from the xbox to my router, when the xbox is on the light on the router comes on so how do i ftp games and stuff to the hdd?

ive also downloaded the dash file thing from one of the posts on here but thats corrupt :(

any help would be great

DD

I will be chipping mine in a few says with the Xenium Spice....no solder....hmmm tasty:):)

I think that comes with the bios....

Mind you thought the spider came with the cromwell installed?

i chipped about 8 xboxs using the smartx chip, and the bios you need is dependant upon the version of xbos you have. xbox version 1.6 are different to version 1.0 - 1.5

up to 1.5 you need executer 2 bios 4983

and 1.6 and 1.6b you need mx8 or mx8plus

it's been a good 6 months since i did one, so memory is not so good.

i'll try and find them bios's but can't post them cos they are illegal bios's. (m!crosoft laws)

its a 1.5 box, all that i can get from this chip is a startup screen with the 4 options i mentioned, im too scared to do anything though as im on the last level of halo and its stored on the hdd and if i lost that id cry lol

Highlander said:
i'll try and find them bios's but can't post them cos they are illegal bios's. (m!crosoft laws)

if you do come across them and happened to have an email window open ;)

love this new smiley lmao : dragon :

ive got the bios recommended, also got the latest version 5032, what do i do now :)

got my live account sorted, got my network working, got halo 2.

all i need now is someone to shoot me lol (and instructions on what to do with this bios file ive got)

my gamertag is: digidude of DW if anyone wants to add it to their list of targets ;)

Back