xbox as a PVR???

ripperuk123

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, i have a modded xbox with xbmc installed on a 250gb hdd. I was wondering if its possible to setup the xbox to become a PVR, so that i can record those important programs???

thanks for helping

thanks logic..but i'm sure that there must be someway..think that if i used a dbox2 and networked it to the xbox, then yes it might do it..i could be wrong though

thanks logic..but i'm sure that there must be someway..think that if i used a dbox2 and networked it to the xbox, then yes it might do it..i could be wrong though

u can network it to other boxes but the xbox can never record, it can only play media on other devices

I think there are plugins for XBMC that you can schedule recordings on via a myth tv box etc

I think the sticking point is the xbox ain't very good a multi-tasking, so streaming and recording seems to be impossible.

I think the sticking point is the xbox ain't very good a multi-tasking, so streaming and recording seems to be impossible.

Streaming is fine on the xbox and multi-tasking is ok for certain things. The sticking point is that it doesn't have any recording hardware built in

I though mulit-tasking was ok for cpu non-intensive processes (viewing pics and listening to music), but anything which requires high cpu usage (watching vids, as no hardware processing etc) means in practice only single tasks is poss.

I don't see why XBMC couldn't include recording components - I just though it wasn't there cos the hardware wasn't up to it.

It seems the only way to do this would mean adding hardware to the xbox which is not worth doing.

Even if it was possible it wont play back full hd anyway...

Hope someone manages to unlock the full access to the 360, That would be the best start for a usb video capture card.

:)

It seems the only way to do this would mean adding hardware to the xbox which is not worth doing.

Even if it was possible it wont play back full hd anyway...

Hope someone manages to unlock the full access to the 360, That would be the best start for a usb video capture card.

:)

Too right, but if they could only make it quieter.....

you can use a dbox (stb with linux) to record to your xbox think it's available with the latest xbmc

Back