XBMC Proxy

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to set up an XBMC proxy for all the addon servers? (quite a few are dropping of, such as IceFilms etc)

Cheers,

Dar

Don't think you can set just one up for all of them, they would have to be individuals.

icefilms now
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
why not just bookmark:
Code:
which will keep you abreast of the changes when needed to all the sites

You could run a VPN on your android box but it will affect your speeds

Cheers Wiz, i'll have a play around tomorrow. :)

@digi247 sorry misunderstood your post. Cheers for the link. :)

Should be as easy as installing a VPN client from the play store,run it and then use XBMC as before

Downloaded a free one from the play store Surf Easy (seems to work? Some servers i can't get too, but they may have moved in the meantime?lol) trouble is, you only get 500mb's to play with. lol

I take it, i'll need to subscribe? Any cheap reliable recommendations?

Cheers :)

Also, how does a VPN work? My ISP gives me a WAN IP which connects to it's server. My ISP blocks me from accessing server xxx.xx.xxx.xxx, How does the VPN get me through to the server without the ISP sussing? (is it a bit like a proxy?)

Cheers :)

VPN One Click seems ok, from the Play Store (well free at the moment lol) Gives you a list of different countries servers to connect to.) Tried a USA VPN and went to GOmovies and got me through to a list of files for The Hobbit (camcorder job lol) only tested for 5 mins but seemed ok. (without the VPN, no list at all, just blank with 3 dots at the top of the page lol)

If anyone has tried and tested any very reliable VPN's (free if possible) but don't mind paying a little, if they are reliable and fastish. Please post up. :)

VPN One Click seems ok, from the Play Store (well free at the moment lol) Gives you a list of different countries servers to connect to.) Tried a USA VPN and went to GOmovies and got me through to a list of files for The Hobbit (camcorder job lol) only tested for 5 mins but seemed ok. (without the VPN, no list at all, just blank with 3 dots at the top of the page lol)

If anyone has tried and tested any very reliable VPN's (free if possible) but don't mind paying a little, if they are reliable and fastish. Please post up. :)

I use Ghostpath VPN,mainly on the PC for torrents but I have tested it on my android phone and it works fine :)

They have a special offer on at the minute $30 for a year

cyberghost is free but limited speeds. You could try it, nothing to lose if its too slow.

heres a review
Code:

Back