<--- X-Link Kai Connection Help In Here

can't even start the engine mate so haven't got that far yet, if the program ain't running like? i was looking for a config for it some where..[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]see if i could edit it....[/FONT]

1. Uninstall XLink Kai via the uninstaller from the Control Panel--->"Add or Remove Programs"

2. Go to the following folders on your system and delete the XLink Kai folders.

Main Folders
-C:\Program Files\

Application Data Folders
-Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\
-Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\Application Data\
(a quick way to get to this folder is .. click start , run .. type 'application data' no quotes , hit enter.) <-- XP

3. Download and Run CCleaner.

CCleaner
Download CCleaner 3.15.1643 - FileHippo.com

Use both the "Cleaner" and "Registry" features and make sure it deletes the files/references. This way it SHOULD remove any temporary internet files as well as old kai registry references(from previous kai builds) that might be causing the runtime error.

4. Reinstall the latest version of Kai...

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=download

Last edited:
If you cant see \AppData in Win7 just left click a blank space in the address bar in the folder (see it go back to the old way) and type it.

thanks man, tried and still the same, just opens and then shuts down if i go to hover above it...any ideas where the config file will be for it?

HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

aha! with me changing that winpcap from pssdk then i didn't have winpcap on the machine so there for it would not run, downloaded and installed winpcap and i can now get back into the server settings and run the engine! right time to get a port open again! where was i.....

right opened the port 3000 and pointed it to the machine that has the engine running on it and still nada, xlink engine not found on network" strange that it worked this morning 1st thing.....

Did you leave the ip address as 0.0.0.0 on the server settings as that is were I went wrong

right opened the port 3000 and pointed it to the machine that has the engine running on it and still nada, xlink engine not found on network" strange that it worked this morning 1st thing.....

Try it with the Kai settings I posted Dibbers, undo the port forward first

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/uploads/64003d1328969157-x-link-kai-connection-1.jpg
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/uploads/64004d1328969426-x-link-kai-connection-2.jpg
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/uploads/64033d1329051152-x-link-kai-connection-kai-configuration.jpg

...still nada man, deleted the port blah blah, and yeah that's the same IP address i have in there mate.

Any ideas then mate, seems well strange that it kicked in, this is the 1st time i've had this box connected to me network, and that's the 1st chance I got to run it online, strange why it connected and then i disconnected and that was it no more, it's as though the network seen it and then disabled it or blocked it. I've tried with setting the server port from 3000 to 0 when upnp is enabled on the router but alas no joy.....

Any ideas then mate, seems well strange that it kicked in, this is the 1st time i've had this box connected to me network, and that's the 1st chance I got to run it online, strange why it connected and then i disconnected and that was it no more, it's as though the network seen it and then disabled it or blocked it. I've tried with setting the server port from 3000 to 0 when upnp is enabled on the router but alas no joy.....

No m8 I'm lost :)

Could u post a capture of you Kai config page ? (PC end)

What router is it ?

Last edited:
I'll post a screen capture of that page the night for you mate.

I have a netgear (brand new)

I'm also using "openDNS" and "No-Ip" etc. (i've opened the port to the machine that's running the server, so for example 192.168.1.10, which is the Revo with it Kai on)

Open DNS and No-Ip won't affect it though.

I'll post a screen shot laters on.

It's funny I have been sitting thinking of firing it up but I've been glued to the Nat Geo channel since I came in (remind me not to fly again!) and have been monging with a cup of coffee.....got the eye burn on all ready and i'm not sure i can look at another config page with out going cockeyed, i'll have another read over it and have another go soon, got me head done in how it worked without me doing any thing and then it wasn't until I disconnected it and tried to connect again.....never mind, I'll suss it like (hope)

just to let you all know, This is working now, I just set the following :

0 is the default. In this setting XLink will randomly pick a port and attempt to connect. Use 0 if you are using UPnP. (I also selected "Select a profile, the template will be applied over your settings" and selected " separated use - engine pc"

As I have UPnP enabled in the router then there was no need to open a port or the like, all I done was restarted the router and the machine that the kai engine is running on after changing the settings, walla, connects all the time now. :)

great stuff buddy shame theres never anyone on it will keep a lookout for you online lol

@Dibbers something for people to try , glad you sorted it m8.

great stuff buddy shame theres never anyone on it will keep a lookout for you online lol

What ! Right now there's Players - 45. Unless you mean from here lol. I've been on FN Champion a lot on the old legitty, if someone arranges a game I'm in .

yer i ment from DW non of my mates have jtags and wont set up kai on there pcs as they use the laptops for pron and a bit of tv watching lol

Back