<--- X-Link Kai Connection Help In Here

c3po

Inactive User
Reaction score
If your having probs connecting post in here saying where it fails and I shall do my best to help you out :pimp:

Oh so we're all good thread closed :)

Noooooooooo!

I just haven't had time to set it up properly yet but here's just a snippet,start Kai up on the pc,that's running fine but on the 360 it doesn't see the Kai engine over my network,now I must admit there is something wrong on my network somewhere as I've tried to ftp into the 360 but failed miserably even with the ip address I get off the 360

It doesnt need port forwarding by router, XBSLink does though (if you want everyone to know ur IP).

My Kai wont open properly in Win7 64 bit atm but it does run in the background so I can use FSD to navigate.

Try 'Enable PAT' in Kai config m8 . Enable 'Allow Outside UI' in Kai Config. Don't DMZ ur 360 I'm sure that doesn't help.

What router Oilly ?

Last edited:
Try FTP connection test in 360 Content Manager first ;)

It's a BT home hub router (although im not on BT)Is the content manager on FSD?
Thanks for the help

Last edited:
I remember kai had some laughs on there, do you still have to remove the ping limit on a jtag to get a decent game.....?

yes you do on the 360. ps3 works ok though

Quite a good post c3po mate, I too was having the problems that it wasn't reconsigned on the 360, how ever just got to fit me new machine and then I'll give it another go. But it wasn't appearing.

I'll have another go when I get up and running.

Good post though and I'm sure it'll come in handy.

@ Oily, were you using the log in details as well? for user name and password with your FTP client?

yeah that's right, what client are you using? You got any firewalls on your comp?

yeah that's right, what client are you using? You got any firewalls on your comp?

I tried a couple of clients,FireFTP&the one you used,can't remember it's name though.,windows firewall is off.

have you went back to the stock dashboard (like hold right bumper or something I think it is, when exiting the FSD) and had a look under your network settings at the DNS ?

have you went back to the stock dashboard (like hold right bumper or something I think it is, when exiting the FSD) and had a look under your network settings at the DNS ?

Urmm,no :blushing:

it might not be, I'm just wondering if the xbox has been given an IP address but then a DNS range out of the normal 255.255.255.0 (of course make sure you have live blocked and all that as well bud) is it a static one set on the xbox?

it might not be, I'm just wondering if the xbox has been given an IP address but then a DNS range out of the normal 255.255.255.0 (of course make sure you have live blocked and all that as well bud) is it a static one set on the xbox?
I haven't set it a static ip,I'm guessing it would make it easier to give it a static ip?

Hmm using a BT router but not on BT :Clap:

[Tutorial] PSP | xLink Kai Port Forwarding | BT Home Hub 2.0 - YouTube ?

Have u got a spare ethernet port on ur PC Oily ?

My friend works for BT and he had a few in his van ;)
Just watched the vid and done everything in it so we'll see on we got on and no I haven't a spare ethernet port

I'm just waiting to set mine up then I'll be giving this another go, as for now.....have you had a look at the IP address and the subnet mask mate in the normal dashboard not FSD? But yeah I always give my devices static IP addresses, makes it easier working with ports and remembering what is what.......I'll report back when I get mine going again mate.

For some reason it won't let me go back to the NXE dash when I click on the system settings(after pressing xbox guide button)?I can now see the 360 on the network with the content manager,yay!!
Still working on the kai engine bit.
For some reason it doesn't see the engine running on the pc although I've inputted the ip address of the pc into the xlink settings on FSD

Last edited:
Back