Votes: 24 68.6%
  • playstation 3

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

rodboy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Give your opinion on which one is better taking into account value for money quality and reliability. Thanx.

360, lot cheaper than PS3, and developers have had more time with the system so the difference between 360 and PS3 that gamers notice is minimal.

From wat ive seen i would say the 360......... they showed a few games on tv the other day,one on the 360 and the same game on the ps3 and the 360 had alot sharper graphics then the ps3 plus i have a 360 :)

Give your opinion on which one is better taking into account value for money quality and reliability. Thanx.
erm.....
.......and reliability.
....I think someone just voted for the ps3 without reading that bit rodboy. Seems like reliablity will be the biggest turn-off for the ps3, blu-ray just doesnt seem a reliable choice from all the reports.
Anyway, 360 with HD-DVD for me.

xbox 360 £299 + hd Player £130 = 429
ps3 £425
so ps3 £4 pound cheaper
and also in years to come, if you have a large screen HD TV, you will need a HD player or a blue-ray player to play movies that another £300+
with sony PS3 its better value

lol ok then thats not what i was expecting so now im gonna totally go against the poll and get a ps3 although the reason i started the thread was to be re-assured was making the right choce which i did not get but i think over time the ps3 will turn out to be a better package ( u need to pay more to get more ) thanx for everyone who voted and commented & voted though. Cheerz

360 for me without a doubt but i still think the ps3 will be good but had a 360 for a while now and i havent had a problem with it i love it :)

XBOX 360 - 100%

Got one for my son for crimbo, its not been off since.

Halo 2, gears of war - wicked.

Even sys linked to the old xbox on Halo 2 so he would give me a chance by being in another room.

In the end called mates round, we had a total of 8 player, 4 in each room.

brill

360 for me and my mates : colors1 : colors1

Got to say the 360 - IPTV looks excellent. Probably wont need Hd or blueray as everything could be streamed.

It can stream HDTV stuff from an extender aswell.

i think the reality is whatever u buy u will be very happy with it.
personally i have a 360 and a wii. i am endeared to the wii it makes u feel like u have got something really special and its only downfall from my perspective is the controller is bloody hard to get used to on proper games, however there is a standard controller available for when u bring back the lads from the pub.
I would like to see the ps3 kick ass over the 360 because the cell is capable of revolutionising computing and hey its 1st generation technolgy - a brave move i think. the only other main consideration as i see it is whether u wish to pay fr ur games (which of course u do, ahem) theres a few chips out for the wii and the 360 can be done whilst ur blind drunk, trust me. the other argument u hear is about graphics but i feel there is a big difference between graphics and playability eg: http://www.numberstore.com/numbers.asp.
whatever u go for i think u will love it

xbox 360 £299 + hd Player £130 = 429
ps3 £425
so ps3 £4 pound cheaper
and also in years to come, if you have a large screen HD TV, you will need a HD player or a blue-ray player to play movies that another £300+
with sony PS3 its better value

erm xbox 360 premium-279.99 or core 199.99 hddvd drive from game 119.99

so its either 400 or 320 not quite what you said

both 360 & ps3 can go 2 hell a wiii & zelda game & im soooooooooo not giving a hoot about the other 2 lol

want ps3 but got 2 360 hd drive and wii so no pennies just now .
I will only buy for pro evo probably in the end already logged pro-evo-king even though i am avge player a couple beers i think i am pele
cheers chronoman

PS3 as the console comes equipped with technology which will see you through for another 5 years. yes it is expansive but it you consider the addon hd-dvd drive for the xbox 360, the 360 will be around the same price mark.

Yes the PS3 isn't upto scratch in regards to games as the 360 is well ahead of it but the ps3 is only just coming out and it's already got the same type of graphics that took the 360 around a year to achieve.The games can only get better for the PS3 - 1 year from now - i'm sure ps3 will be ahead of the 360 in terms of everything.

However, the 360 is now re-inventing itself by having the hd-dvd drive as part of the machine and also be equipped with a 120gb hd. but you're still limited with a 120gb hd whereas the PS3 has been seen equipped with an external 700gb drive.

also you can have an internal drive greater than the 360 size. BUT the xbox does kick ass on the online side of things. it will take the ps3 a while to be in the same position as the 360 in regards to online gaming.

Please don't see this thread as an attempt at slating the 360 - i'm simply comparing the features to show why i think the PS3 is better.

p.s. I've currently got an xbox 1 - which i love and before that i had a ps2. I think they were both great!

Last edited:
I voted for a PS3, granted it has a huge price tag, but its far more powerful than the 360. But it depends upon many factors, like the types of games you want, what game style your used too, wheteher you look for gameplay or graphics. However i wouldnt vote based purely on the fact I own one.

Personally I would like a blueray drive, so i want a PS3. Its far more future proof. I mean reading the specification its far more powerful, and its not even closely been show to its true potential yet, give it 6 months after release to give the game designers a chance to catch up.

However if you want overall fun, go for a wii, its great for all the family.

well ive got a 360 , but ive seen the graphics on a ps3 they seem to be better

i think when the ps3 are ready avilable in the uk and people have had to play on them , the voting might change, so lets have another vote in 6 months time
hehehehehe

Back