X and O swap from 5.03

gorang

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone any idea how to swap around the X and O buttons (as they japenese style, O for select and X for back and it doing my head in) on a 1003 with (and I stupidly put this on before I realised the buttons were wrong way round) the 5.03 frimware.

I have tried to downgrade to 1.5 (as I was told that you can swap buttons around on that frimware but don't know) following the sticky guide for 2.0 to 1.5, but that not working as when I get to part 10 I get noth and the mem stick photos just says corrupt data, don't know if I have just messed up the download or if it just can't be done like that from 5.03

Any ideas

any help greatly appreciated

what custom firmware are u on m8
ur not very clear as wat u are doing.

if ur on custom then u can change x and o from recovery menu
as well as region and other stuff

Hi thanks for the reply

Sorry I never said

I bought this console from fleabay and I can't remember what firmware was on it, but i went on to the sony website and upgraded the firmware to latest upgrade available, (mate said that he upgraded his psp like this and it made his quicker) so now the system information just says version 5.03. After I did this I then realised that the consle must be an import as the X and O buttons are working the opposite from a uk one, ie. in fast and furious game the O button accelerates and X button is handbrake when it should be the X button that accelerates and the O button that is handbrake. It doing my head in when I try and play it as I just can't get used to it s I want to change them around.

Sorry I a bit thick with some of this stuff I better with the mechanical stuff in repairing them than I am with the soft/firmware stuff but I am learning slowly so please bare with me
what custom firmware are u on m8
Not sure how to tell or check, as the only thing that I know how to find is the system info in settings where it says versin 5.03 (I presume that it would tell you here but I don't know as I have never had a modded psp before)
u can change x and o from recovery menu
as well as region and other stuff
I have heard of this before but I don't know how to get into the recovery menu or even if I can on this psp, I have had a look around the forum and google for something to show or tell me how to do this or how to check if I can do this, but I not found anything.
Is there any guides on how to do that??

thanks for the reply it is appreciated and sorry that I'm slow with this stuff.

u updated to sony ,so u are not on custom firmware so therefore cant access recovery menu or play back up games.

if u know someone with a fat custom psp u can use that to make a
pandora battery which will put u on custom firmware then change battery back afterwards.

or buy a pre made pandora battery and use psp grader to put u on custom

Ok Thanks

I have seen the pandora on DX so will go and order one right now and give it a go. I'm sure that I seen threads that have been mentioning grader 8 will have another hunt around to see if I can get it.

No doubt I will be giving you a shout again when pandora arrives lol

Thanks for the help so far its much appreciated.

PS my other half loves your avator as she raging rangers fan as well lol

Ok Thanks

I have seen the pandora on DX so will go and order one right now and give it a go. I'm sure that I seen threads that have been mentioning grader 8 will have another hunt around to see if I can get it.

No doubt I will be giving you a shout again when pandora arrives lol

Thanks for the help so far its much appreciated.

PS my other half loves your avator as she raging rangers fan as well lol

i like urs m8 pmsl

Back