WOW tomtom 5 ;)

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
first of all thanks red you got me out of a pickle m8y

second tomtom 5 is awsome to use totally amazing and worked a treat with my XDA iis which with the old tomtom 3 crashed all the time and was a nightmare if you went under a tunel and the GPS was lost (wait ten minutes for a new lock lol)

now tomtom 5 never crashed even when lighter socket was knocked by my son and switched off by accident still came back on in seconds after repushing the lighter plug in :)

maps was easy to use and the updated navigation was a dream after 5 minutes of figurin it out and you might think where have you been mickie lolololol, but the post code search blew the whole thing out of my expectations and was amazing.

now lol onto the where is this part lol.

after using this i was hooked lol and now want to take the thing where ever i go, so how do i make it sound a alarm like it did in version 3 when a speed camera is near ?

where is the latest maps which work with tomtom 5 as the one from rapid share coulc not be used

i would like an action packed POI update lol as the standard one did not have alot of stuff (well what i was looking for ;))

and what countries can i get just incase i ever end up somewhere lmao

thanks again and this section kicks ass!

Mickey to set the warning go into change prefernces and then Manage points of intrest then warn when near point of intrest
then select the points of intrest ie pocket gps uk etc
and select it from there ie distance from then sound alarm type.
Hope this helps

another excellent feature i found was you can pick a spot on the map browser, say if you know where you want to go roughly. and tell it navigate to there used this last week excellent.

glad u got sorted too m8.

If you want the latest speed camera database (july one I think) I'll send it to you then you can got to pocketgpsworld.com and down the new voice warnings for the cameras ie: when you aproach a certain camera it voice warns "gatso" or "specs" or "mobile" etc a nice touch instead of the default beeps ;)

Mairyhinge said:
goto pocketgpsworld.com!!

NO you get them here!!!;)
Are the voice warnings here to ?

You know all the POI's that come in the tomtom5 CD, when i installed tomtom, i copied and pasted all the poi's into the gb map area in my sd card. they were all there, millions of them lol, then when i put the speed camera poi's in, the speed cameras wouldnt show unless i deleted all the original POI's. can someone help me?

and also, the speed camera database is only the ones for set speed cameras ie yello boxes, would they detect mobile ones such as them in vans? (got flashed by one the other week!!!!) and if so, how do i get them?
cheers
ray

what version of the SW are you running? 5,21??

if so it can only handle its either 20 or 30 POI's

its a downgrade from earlier SW

where can i find an updated POI with for example more theme parks and stuff for the kids.. could not find alot of stuff i wanted to goto in norfolk

Regards
Mickie D

Ive been using a free prog called poiedit. It syncs up all the free (and pay for)POI content from various sites.

3dfella said:
Ive been using a free prog called poiedit. It syncs up all the free (and pay for)POI content from various sites.

can you upload it to the download section m8y

thanks again

this post code bit

is it a full 7 digit navigate to thingy?

as im always driving from A-C and back to B so if i could type in just a post code and thats it that would be cool

digidude said:
this post code bit

is it a full 7 digit navigate to thingy?

as im always driving from A-C and back to B so if i could type in just a post code and thats it that would be cool
It sure is m8 post code then house number and it takes you right to the door.

I've been using CheckPOInt for the PDA and TomTom 5.2.1 and its the best, to top it all its F R E E!!:banana:

h**p://checkpoint.oabsoftware.nl/

Back