Would the Duo2 be easy enough to use for a noob?

nitram333

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

New to all this and trying to read up as much as I can and wondered how easy the new Duo2 is to get in to?
I'm looking to record multiple channels at once with the ability to watch other channels at the same time and the Duo2 is that one that keeps popping up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No harder or easier to understand than any other enigma2 box.

Plenty of help on here to get you setup and sorted. And yeah the Duo2 does fit your requirements.

Hi All,

New to all this and trying to read up as much as I can and wondered how easy the new Duo2 is to get in to?
I'm looking to record multiple channels at once with the ability to watch other channels at the same time and the Duo2 is that one that keeps popping up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Read up, doesn't take anymore than 1 hr start to finish

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

No harder or easier to understand than any other enigma2 box.

Plenty of help on here to get you setup and sorted. And yeah the Duo2 does fit your requirements.

Thanks for your help I had read a few things but was specifically looking at the Duo2 post rather than looking at enigma2 posts. I had noticed that you are very active on here and have a duo2 so thanks for taking the time to reply.

One other question if I may regarding my requirements : So if i want to record 2 channels while viewing another I need a duo2 with a twin and a single tuner is that right?

Thanks again.

Thanks for your comment elmoemo like I said I have been trying to read up but was looking to see if anyone could point me in the right direction of what to read rather than reading irrelevant and misleading info. I'll keep looking through.

Thanks for your help I had read a few things but was specifically looking at the Duo2 post rather than looking at enigma2 posts. I had noticed that you are very active on here and have a duo2 so thanks for taking the time to reply.

One other question if I may regarding my requirements : So if i want to record 2 channels while viewing another I need a duo2 with a twin and a single tuner is that right?

Thanks again.

Yeah twin and a single would cover it with no limitations, although just a twin tuner will record 2 and allow you to watch one providing what you want to watch is on the same transponder/polarity as those your recording but this is a limitation.

I have that setup in my duo2 a twin and a single tuner.

Yeah twin and a single would cover it with no limitations, although just a twin tuner will record 2 and allow you to watch one providing what you want to watch is on the same transponder/polarity as those your recording but this is a limitation.

I have that setup in my duo2 a twin and a single tuner.

Ferret, great thanks again.
I think in that case I will go for the twin and the single and purchase a 2TB 2.5" HD to fit for recording with VIX.
I'll have a look later at the enigma 2 setup info and take the plunge when I'm confident I know what I'm doing.

Ferret, great thanks again.
I think in that case I will go for the twin and the single and purchase a 2TB 2.5" HD to fit for recording with VIX.
I'll have a look later at the enigma 2 setup info and take the plunge when I'm confident I know what I'm doing.

Vix and every other image for the duo2 is based on enigma2 mate, so youll be using enigma2 no matter what.

Vix and every other image for the duo2 is based on enigma2 mate, so youll be using enigma2 no matter what.

Sorry , I meant once I'm happy after reading about enigma2 system setups then I'll buy one (with ViX being my preferred choice from what I have read so far).
A lot to take in all in 1 go for a total novice lol.

Sorry , I meant once I'm happy after reading about enigma2 system setups then I'll buy one (with ViX being my preferred choice from what I have read so far).
A lot to take in all in 1 go for a total novice lol.

Seems daunting at first tbh but it is simple enough when you find the right info. When box arrives backup the image (just incase it needs reflashed). If it already has vix on it then make sure u have vucc on ur computer to send files. Crossepg should be in the plugins menu if you press downloax plugins so u will have a 7 day epg. Use autobouquets to set box up in sly uk order ie 101 is bbc 1 etc. If using a server you'll need to download cccam or oscam from here and install via box. Setting up hdd is done from box as well. Once that's done ur good to go :) come back when uve got it and there's plenty here to help u out :D

Seems daunting at first tbh but it is simple enough when you find the right info. When box arrives backup the image (just incase it needs reflashed). If it already has vix on it then make sure u have vucc on ur computer to send files. Crossepg should be in the plugins menu if you press downloax plugins so u will have a 7 day epg. Use autobouquets to set box up in sly uk order ie 101 is bbc 1 etc. If using a server you'll need to download cccam or oscam from here and install via box. Setting up hdd is done from box as well. Once that's done ur good to go :) come back when uve got it and there's plenty here to help u out :D

Elmoemo
Thanks I really appreciate all the advice and help. I'm glad I found this place and signed up.
Looking forward to getting stuck in to it now I know what to get :)

Elmoemo
Thanks I really appreciate all the advice and help. I'm glad I found this place and signed up.
Looking forward to getting stuck in to it now I know what to get :)

Learned it all from here myself

Just want to say thanks to all for the help.
I got my VU+ Duo2 and managed to set it up and had channels running on it last night.

Just need to get into it more now and find out what it can really do, but its a start.

Cheers

Back