would it have been different ?

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
if arsenal would have lost to villa do you guys think chelsea would have beat city or it would have been the same result ?

see im a gooner and i love the arsenal

but i just wonder how fair it is on any team to be played after when you know that you cant improve your position you can just keep up ?

i dont think it should matter at all, if anything arsenals result should have spured chelsea on to get a result where as if arsenal lost then maybe chelsea would have become complacent, i dont think anyone can use that as an excuse.

in fact mourhino may not have let his players no the result, just concentrate on the game facing them

Not seen the Chelsea game yet (tryin to avoid it LOL) but no Mickie I don't think it should make any difference if they knew the result of arsenal game 20mins before, it would be the same as if they were playing Sunday or Monday evening, they're all pro's and things like that shouldn't affect your game, so no excuses m8 we got turned over :( just to add, and as I said no excuses but it looks like we're dependent on Drogba already and may have missed he's strength up front, I'm not to convinced of this Kezmans ability even though he's credentials were top notch before he came to us, we'll have to wait and see ;)

comon you lot saying if you was manchester utd or chelsea and if you was going into a game knowing you can go infront by a point or just stay the same there would not be more commitment ?

if i was a chelsea player and i was told arsenal just lost we got a chance to go infront here.... they would be chasing the ball more because it matters.

EXAMPLE:
we play utd next sunday for our 50th unbeaten run, for manchester utd its there big day its what they want is to beat us (the pain they are going through could be lifted from this win (IF LOL))

but if arsenal was 30 points clear and if we had already been beaten by villa today (but still 30 points clear of utd) would they play the same ???? knowing they cant win the league ????

no they will want to beat us because of the rivalry but they would not play like they will try to play this sunday, no im not worried lol because we will beat them lmfao rofl!!!

what i am saying is teams raise their game for situations (not just playing arsenal or utd or chelski) but they raise their game if they think they have an advantage

in the ideal world it should be wrong that it matters what time games are played but i know it does matter.

if utd was 6 points clear of arsenal from winning today would arsenal have played with as much flair because the safty net of 1st position was not there, i doubt it it would have been alot tighter because they would not have their heads held high like they have now from the football they are playing as utd's would be better (the league dont lie)

I agree that teams raise their games against better opposistion, look how we played against you in the champions league ;) and today look at Man C, a few days ago there was talk of sacking kegan cos they were playing cr@p, I just think as pros nothing should put them off their game, but I suppose the human factor must come into it, I just think this might have been a good kick up the ar$e for us today, they may have looked at Arsenal's result and all thought "we'll get 3 points easy at Man C" this hopefuly will bring them down a peg or two and make them think twice and not get complacent against so called lesser teams :)

you said about the champions legue ;)

my point exactly

we lost to utd in the FA CUP our spirit sank then we played you again LOST our spirtits sank and everyone wrote us off for the league (me aswell i thought we would lose it all)

now the only reason that we beat liverpool in the next game and thank god we did was because we lost the league to utd the season before when we was the better side !

and they knew that losing to liverpool would end the premiership (RAISING THERE GAME)

and my question to you is would you have beaten us if we would have beat utd in the FA CUP ?

i dunno personally, its not like we nevr beat you that season is it lol

Back