Woohoo, my new toy has arrived. :)

Shit, now the box is refusing my FTP connections, lol

I've rebooted it twice and it's still the same.

I'll check my network.

:err:

Steakunkidney, do me a favour mate, can you go into your network settings and select Restart Network, and tell me what happens?

My box just sits there doing feck all until I reboot it.

ive just done the restart network on mine m8 and it was ok, i did it threw the lan button though, is that how you meant or through actual menu \ set up etc
just done threw it threw the other way aswell going threw menu, set up ,systme etc and all was ok again, dint need to reboot or anything

Last edited:
ive just done the restart network on mine m8 and it was ok, i did it threw the lan button though, is that how you meant or through actual menu \ set up etc
just done threw it threw the other way aswell going threw menu, set up ,systme etc and all was ok again, dint need to reboot or anything

Cheers mate.

Are you running the latest firmware?

How long did it take to reboot (approx) ?

Where you on a FTA channel or Pay Channel?

HD or SD?

Mine had this problem on the initial setup, straight out the box.

It also has a value in the Latitude setting, which I thought was strange. :err:

Last edited:
Cheers mate.

Are you running the latest firmware?

How long did it take to reboot (approx) ?

yeah flashed that new fw few hours ago, wen i did the network test i dint need to reboot, but if u mean how long did the network test tek to restart it was seconds, not even 10,

yeah flashed that new fw few hours ago, wen i did the network test i dint need to reboot, but if u mean how long did the network test tek to restart it was seconds, not even 10,

Wow!

Mine just sits there, staring at me and doing fook all.

I think I'll reflash.

:)

[update]

Thank fook for that, I did a reflash via the Miniweb this time and now Network Restarts are working fine. :)

[update]

I switched from DHCP to static and now it's locking up again. :(

Last edited:
mini web dint no u cud do it that way, does your tv tell you that your watching in 720p or what ever ? my tv says im stil watching in 576i but when watching dreambox it wil say 720p and 60hz or what ever it is, also i no it prob dunt but your front usb does it move lol, like when you push usb stick in does it go back abit until you pull it out again ?

Wow!

Mine just sits there, staring at me and doing fook all.

I think I'll reflash.

:)

[update]

Thank fook for that, I did a reflash via the Miniweb this time and now Network Restarts are working fine. :)

[update]

I switched from DHCP to static and now it's locking up again. :(

i nearly said to you about dhcp as i thought i had read you had changed to static but then read you had reflashed and was working,

mini web dint no u cud do it that way, does your tv tell you that your watching in 720p or what ever ? my tv says im stil watching in 576i but when watching dreambox it wil say 720p and 60hz or what ever it is, also i no it prob dunt but your front usb does it move lol, like when you push usb stick in does it go back abit until you pull it out again ?

I've got my box set to output 1080i.

I've disabled the function on my TV to tell me what Resolution the image is displayed at, but I can generally tell what resolution I'm watching.

USB socket, lol, no mate my socket is nice and secure, it doesn't sink into the box or move at all.

i nearly said to you about dhcp as i thought i had read you had changed to static but then read you had reflashed and was working,

Yer, looks like there is a bug when you select a Static IP.

Could you give it a try mate, then select Restart Network.

If it locks up then just hit the power switch on the rear.

Yer, looks like there is a bug when you select a Static IP.

Could you give it a try mate, then select Restart Network.

If it locks up then just hit the power switch on the rear.

yeah just changing to static m8 its locked the box up, the hd channels are tunning in and they do look a better picture than the standard channels but i got a dm800 clone and when u watch hd channels on that it really does stand out and on tm800 it just dunt seem to as much, also my ps3 and xbox 360 tell me wot setting im on and my dm800, maybe the 4.3 pciture isnt helping,

Are all your channels showing in 4:3?

next thigns for images i hope is the audio button, to tek that bloody narrater voice off and also changing language on some satellites to english, and also the hard drive, be great to get them going soon

On my TV, all 16:9 channels are fine but all 4:3 channels are stretched to 16:9 and I fooking hate it. :)

Surely any 16:9 broadcasts are showing on your tv in 16:9 format?

next thigns for images i hope is the audio button, to tek that bloody narrater voice off and also changing language on some satellites to english, and also the hard drive, be great to get them going soon

I didn't know they weren't supported when I installed my HD.

What a shock when I tried to inititlaise it only to be told '.......coming soon!"

lol

I didn't know they weren't supported when I installed my HD.

What a shock when I tried to inititlaise it only to be told '.......coming soon!"

lol

i got same shock m8 first day i got mine, i put hdrive in before i even booted the box up,
with hd channels i think its just me been paranoid, as some hd channels i watch and think yep defo 720p hd, but then others it gets me thinking again lol, be better also when image supports changing av settings wont it, its great though waiting for eveything to come int it lol
ive just dloaded that vu channel list, i like that one at minute, which one you using ?

Vu list here too mate. :)

Overall I reckon the picture is equal to the DM800, but I reckon it's slightly below par of the Spiderbox.

When I first turned the Spiderbox on I said "Wow, that's fecking nice", and one of the first ever comments I made about it was the picture quality.

Vu list here too mate. :)

Overall I reckon the picture is equal to the DM800, but I reckon it's slightly below par of the Spiderbox.

When I first turned the Spiderbox on I said "Wow, that's fecking nice", and one of the first ever comments I made about it was the picture quality.

i nearly went for the spider box when eurosky offered it instead of tm800 wunt mind messing with one,
one plugging id like on this tm800 is that plugging dm800 has where u can change which cccam.cfg file you use, like in your var,etc folder you have 6 cccam.cfg files and from this plugging you can choose which one is active, delitecccam or something its called on dreamelite image,

i got my box today too

been messing around with it

seems good as its my first hd box

only thing is im getting free hd channels at the moment

need to get package upgraded

defo needs work on images but for now its working...lol

now were did i put my dremel???

anyone done a review of this yet, or is it to early to do one until all the options are active on the box, i see some of them are still disabled to keep the image stable

Back