Woodyatt injured in bike crash

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt has suffered head and shoulder injuries in a crash whilst training for a charity bike ride.

Woodyatt, who plays chip shop owner Ian Beale in the BBC soap, sustained a broken collarbone, head injuries and multiple lacerations to the face and body as a result of the accident, which occurred on Friday evening.

The 34-year-old, who was not wearing a helmet at the time, hit a grass verge at 22mph as he cycled near his home in Southam, Warwickshire.

After being taken to Warwick Hospital for treatment, he was released later that evening.

"It was a warm evening, I was going through a final gentle training ride through roads with little traffic and I thought I wouldn't need the helmet - how wrong I was," he said. "I consider myself extremely lucky that my injuries weren't more serious."

He has now been forced to cancel his bike ride from Land's End to John O'Groats on June 22 to raise money for cancer research. An EastEnders spokeswoman said that Woodyatt would be well enough to return to work next month (dam)

Back