Wireless cctv

boab34

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good CCTV setup
2 cameras if possible ,needs to be wireless.
Cheers boab

A lot depends on how good you mean by "good". There are cheap, analogue systems that use the crowded 2.4GHz band for wireless transmission from cam to recorder/monitor, they can give reasonable results, and there are newer IP-based ones that connect over wifi (also 2.4GHz as it happens, but more reliable) but the cost difference is quite notable. It also depends on what you want to use it for. I.e domestic or commercial, night-view or not, will the recordings potentially be used in court etc. etc.
Give us a bit more to go on.

My advice would be to get a wired setup.
I first got an IP YCam which you can use wireless or wired but there has been times in the past where it would drop the connection when using wireless so it wouldn't send motion detection or you couldn't remote in an view the camera and at times you think the worst that someone has got in the house and switched it off.

I now have a wired cctv and although its a bit of work getting the cameras with there wired connection setup it brings the peace of mind knowing they won't lose the connection due to interferance.

Yes I agree with the above,I installed wireless CCTV and it was crap..no matter what I did picture was very poor.,the cameras were no more than 25 feet from receiver and still crap plus shed loads of interference,I switched to a wired set up and works perfectly..

Yes I agree with the above,I installed wireless CCTV and it was crap..no matter what I did picture was very poor.,the cameras were no more than 25 feet from receiver and still crap plus shed loads of interference,I switched to a wired set up and works perfectly..

Were those analogue or IP cameras?

Thanks for the advice guys
I've been told by a few people now
To go for wired instead and been looking
On eBay .
My budget would be under £200
And if I put box in loft and cameras just
Under the sofets I think that would do the job
But I need to be able to view via iPad or phone
The ones you guys have installed have this function?

Thanks for the advice guys
I've been told by a few people now
To go for wired instead and been looking
On eBay .
My budget would be under £200
And if I put box in loft and cameras just
Under the sofets I think that would do the job
But I need to be able to view via iPad or phone
The ones you guys have installed have this function?

Thats exactly how I have mine setup. Was a pain getting through to the loft via the soffit but once I got the first cable through it was pretty straight forward then.
I use an app so I can view on my phone using my mobile network connection and also WiFi when i'm at home. I can also use ipad, mac or pc all of which work to view the cameras.

I wouldn't go back to not having CCTV now!

Thats exactly how I have mine setup. Was a pain getting through to the loft via the soffit but once I got the first cable through it was pretty straight forward then.
I use an app so I can view on my phone using my mobile network connection and also WiFi when i'm at home. I can also use ipad, mac or pc all of which work to view the cameras.

I wouldn't go back to not having CCTV now!

I was looking at this , any good?

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301172907492

Home 8CH HDMI Security DVR Outdoor CCTV 800TVL Camera System Kit iPhone Android

I was looking at this , any good?

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301172907492

Home 8CH HDMI Security DVR Outdoor CCTV 800TVL Camera System Kit iPhone Android

I have a 4ch and thought that would be enough for me at the time but now I could defo do with a 5th camera so sorry I didn't go for the 8 channel. Will no doubt get another box in the future I think.
This setup is better than what I have and mine is good enough for what I need. Had mine for about a year now. The only gripe for me is my back garden is pitch black so I probably only get about 5 metres of my back in the night time and beyond that pretty grey and fuzzy. Suppose that is expected though.

Think my cameras are 700TVL

4 CCTV Camera 8CH HDMI WiFi 3G DVR Home Video Security System Kit
foureon h264
i ended up getting this one ,has anyone got any guides for installing
as the instruction are total crap.

Back