Windows no disc error

draindet

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am having a problem with my dell pc, when i start up the pc i get a message saying no disc in drive-please insert a disc into the drive and on the start bar it says windows no disc.
If i click on cancel about 40 times the message goes away and everything works but it comes back as soon as i reboot.

Any ideas?:

sounds like you have a application that requires information from the disk to run at startup .have you installed or removed any programs recently ..

Damage

thanx for your reply i think i may have sorted it, i recently installed a vodafone 4 way card reader and it was fine for a couple of weeks.

If i disconnect the usb lead from this device then the no disc error does not appear on start up, so it must be something to do with this device.
I know nothing about computers so i will just leave it unplugged until i want to use it unless anyone can help fix the problem without getting to technical.

Thanx in advance

it may be that if it requires divers for the card reader. that they are not installed correctly .or if the card requires softwear to access the reader it may need to be re-installed but i would go for drivers .

Back