windows live mail and googlemail error

sempi

DW Regular
Reaction score
closed down IE earlier whilst watching a movie then when i went back on here and any other sites i use i had to log into them all again? i did not delete any cookies or anything. that was a pain but all ok now but windows live mail keeps coming up with the error
"the host imap.googlemail.com could not be found please verify that you have entered the server name correctly"
i have been in and checked settings but they are all ok - server name, username, password etc....anyone any ideas?

A long shot, but can you open up your time/date properties and check that the date is set to today and this year?

I forgot that I messed with my dates once as I was just using the calendar and it gave me all sorts of probs with websites etc

i did a java update and same thing happened i just closed my browser and opened it again and it worked. like they say in the it crowd have you tried turning it off and on again . . . great show

i did a java update and same thing happened i just closed my browser and opened it again and it worked. like they say in the it crowd have you tried turning it off and on again . . . great show

tried turning it on and off last night but still the same, even done a system restore to the previous night and still the same but this morning its working fine ?? things have a mind of their own and like to wind us up i think...lol..

thanks for the replies

Back