Windows 8 pre alpha build 7955

morilihochili

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed that on a spare hard drive, completely underwhelmed!

However will wait for the Beta before making up my mind. Get the download HERE.

Once you have the iso and you install it - remember it will look like Windows 7 until it is fuly installed. You can then apply the Blue Pill that unlocks a lot of the Windows 8 applications.

Let us know what you think if you are brave enough to go there.

Nice will have to have a look at this! Thanks mate.

You are welcome, but if you watch THIS you will get a better idea of how restricted this one is.

and then watch THIS and see what it ultimately will be like

Last edited:
i wonder how much they will set the price for windows 8...

Exactly, especially as a lot of companies have now started upgrading to Windows 7, they won't be changing again so soon.

Just hope it doesn't turn out the way Vista did!

Big companies don't get charged for upgrades, they tend to pay an annual licenses which allows them to install any version of windows.

I would expect 8 to be an evolution of 7 rather then a massive change. 7 has been very well received so why make huge changes.

Expect MUCH better support for mobile devices. I think last year or last quarter 110 million smart mobile devices were sold compared to 80 million desktops and laptops. Microsoft are going to do a port of Windows 8 to run on ARM processors. They know that is were the market expansion is.

Big companies don't get charged for upgrades, they tend to pay an annual licenses which allows them to install any version of windows.

Very true, but the hardware that most companies have won't run Windows 7 so the cost of upgrading isn't so much in the licencing but in the actual desktops and laptops that they need to replace.

What I also like is that you will get decent Tablets with Windows 7.

Very true, but the hardware that most companies have won't run Windows 7 so the cost of upgrading isn't so much in the licencing but in the actual desktops and laptops that they need to replace.

I would expect win8 to run on similar hardware to win7 so that should not be a problem.

Most large companies lease or renew every 3 to 4 years so rarely do it because of OS. Also its rare to reload OS during lifespan of a PC and generally wait for SP1. This also give time to complete application testing.

What I also like is that you will get decent Tablets with Windows 7.

like us, most medium-large companies lease laptops rather than buy them out right so cost of replacing laptop to the newer ones tend to be cheaper than buying them and then what to do with the old laptops - all comes down to TCO

Back