windows 7 updates

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it me or are windows updates taking over our systems it grinds to a holt, had 16 updates this morning and while there downloading and installing my laptop acts like a snail so blood slow, its a duel core 4GB memory and a SSD hard drive but still it unusable, until it finished.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 30
not noticed the machine grinding to a halt while installing.

just been having a read and it looks like this is a common issue with these drive's, so I have emails crucial about swopping it out as its only 9mths old (ish) lets hope they will help. :)

OK found link will try that tomorrow when back on laptop :)

SSD Support Just be aware it will destroy all data on the drive, instructions are included in the download I printed out the instructions so I could follow it like a dummy.

When you say destroys all data, does that inc windows as well

now I'm confused run the updated firmware software this morning after backing up my drive, and it tells me (device not detected) I did check firmware which on the v4 which is no22 and new firmware is no25 what do I do next.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what a performance increase since I flashed the ssd firmware.

thank you very much for all you help, but I do need to learn RTFL before I start forgot to plug in usb stick to make the firmware updated tool. hehehe

Back