windows 7 showing known iso files as rar

mogga

Inactive User
Reaction score
windows 7 is showing known psp iso files as rar files or bin data i no there iso coz they are on an external hard drive. ive got windows 7 on and its a pile ov shite winrar doesnt have iso ticked either in integration in settings just cant work it out. have changed type to .iso but it still has books at start of file name when they are just iso files im gonna look 4 a decent copy of xp if i dont sort this why do microsoft make every thing hard work in windows 7 help me please

What do you want to associate them with? If I want to change associations I right click the file > Open with > select proggy you want the assoc with and tick the always assoc this program with this type file.

i dont want them asscociated with anything just want them to show as iso files without winrar books or nero icon so i can drop em on mem card in psp

if you:

right click>open with>choose default program...>windows disk image burner

then all you iso's will show up as iso's

all good now thanks does this win 7 get ne easier coz ive had loads of probs with it just things that u take for granted on xp they have to over complicate everything

well im new to computers and only ever used vista and win7....

i thought win7 was pretty good lol

Sorry mate but got to laugh at threads where people are willing to slate an entire operating system because they can't figure out a non-problem or something simple on it. Like all the people who will slag Microsoft off when an OS is in beta/rc and they can't get a working driver for a printer of something on a non-released OS.... 2 years down the line, them and other people who have never even used it will still be slagging it off swearing it's got crap driver support because they once read it, and not a mention of the hardware manufacturer.

Apart from the stubborn brigade that cling on to XP as some kind of principle, Win7 is generally considered one of the best and friendliest implementations of Windows ever released. It's incredibly flexible, from allowing noobs to use an intuitive GUI experience, to tweaking most things back to tried and trusted settings if you really want them. I mean it's not like it's Vista :D I'd stay away from Windows 8 when it comes out :D :D :D

Ooops went into a bit of a rant, sorry. On a serious note, anything else you're struggling with, don't let it frustrate you to the point where you'll throw in the towel. Post on here and someone will get you an answer.

IMO...

WinXP is awesome and I didn't think MS were capable of topping it but Win7 has.

There are a few changes here and there that can take some time getting used to but once you do it's a fantastic OS.

OSX my arse!

Windows 7 is what Vista should have been - a working OS!

Nowt wrong with OSX given it's just Linux with a fashionable coat lol

im used to doing things a certain way with xp i no were stuff is and how to use it .maybee win7 is better but it taking some getting used to i couldnt copy a dvd untill i posted on here how to enable writing disks stuff like that should work as standard not have to be enabled i mean i tried 20 odd versions of nero and clone and ended up with loads of coasters googling the prob brought up loads of gobshites opinions which didnt work i posted on here as a last resort as i didnt want to lookl a div but 2 clicks of the mouse later it worked after being told how to on here but b4 that if this pc could of felt pain id of kicked the feck out of it lol

It's called learning. Anyone that buys a PC or changes platform just as you did with XP needs to learn about it. Some obviously have a steeper learning curve than others.

Never be afraid of change.

It also isn't a commodity like a microwave! lol saying that, its people that don't know what they are doing keeping people like me in the rich lavish extra-ordinate lifestyle ;)

To be fair you can make win 7 look pretty old skool with the classic themes so that might make things a bit easier for you, personally I have the task bar a bit more traditional in the way that I don't have it group things together

You can also install Windows XP mode in to Windows 7 and I don't mean dual booting either. Google search Windows 7 Windows XP Mode and you will find many good tutorials on how to install XP mode on to your Windows 7 machine. Best of both worlds then ;)

Back