windows 7 problems

terminator2k2

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all i installed windows 7 64bit version and everything was fine......

then all of a sudden started getting the following which is driving me round the bend now......

the monitor will switch off intermittantly and i have to reboot the computer to get it back on....the computer seems as its still on but with no monitor...

the system is a :

core i7 920
3 gig corsair dominator ram
gigabyte x58 mainboard
nvidia 280 gtx graphics

the message i get after restart is:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800386A8F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

ive also noticed in performance information it says :

new hardware detected , windows experience needs to be refreshed.

ine not changed any components on this computer since ive installed windows....

when ever i refresh it , this will give me the problem im getting, by that i mean around 30 seconds after its started , the monitor will switch off...

any one help.?

cheers chris

thanks for the reply....

ive reinstalled to the latest driver from nvidia

wat programme would you advise on removing the driver.? or just use uninstall.?

going to try driver sweeper

cheers chris

Last edited:
thanks for the reply....

ive reinstalled to the latest driver from nvidia

wat programme would you advise on removing the driver.? or just use uninstall.?

cheers chris

if u go into device manager and right click on properties and then u will see roll back driver

cheers bud....i used driver sweeper, then installed new driver, run win 7 experience thing, and this time went through ok....so looks good.....

cheers chris

still doing it....i was playing music, monitor switched off and the music continued to play.....

noticed the led on the graphics card was red and not green........

damn computer..lol......cost me a grand 12 months ago....and that was just for mobo, cpu , ram and graphics....lol.....

is the gfx card getting enough juice? Does it use external extra molex/pcie power, re-check these connections, try on a different psu rail.

After upgrading my Daughters PC to Win7 a few months ago, she would always get a popup saying 'Resolution Not Supported" which would dance all over her screen. I changed resolution and refresh rates but nothing worked.

The solution was simple, all I did was install the manufacturers driver rather than let Win7 use it's own, something I would normally do anyway, but I was lazy with her machine ;)

Back