Dell 1545 no windows 7 web cam driver ?

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Ive updated a Dell 1545 Notebook from Vista to windows 7 32/bit version as recomended on there site. All is fine untill I went to upload the webcam driver and there was not a windows 7 compatible one on there support site.

I went on the Dell forums and there is loads and loads of posts about this problem with no solutions.

Theres some feedback of Dell techs saying just install the vista driver in compatible mode but I have tried to do that.

No image device is even shown up in device manager / I have updated all the drivers chipset/ bios / network / and it still wont install the webcam driver ?

I think its a winstron 1.3mp camera and it is suppost to run with creative labs software but the driver wont install at all .

Is there a compatable driver someone knows about its ridiculous Dell havent sorted this out.

Any help lads what am I gonna tell my nice I put your windows7 on but I cant get ya webcam to work lol

Like I say the driver for vista starts to install but then just gives an error message at the end saying unsuccesfull install please restart your computer

Any help with this lads I cant get the vista webcam driver to install with windows7 in compataility mode ?

And I cant see the webcam in device manager all my other drivers are upto date ?

I have scanned for hardware changes in device manager and the image device webcam still wont show. I have installed Dell webcam central it did not help
whats the crack with Dell support how come the have not put out a driver thats compatible with windows7.

Im gutted after 2 days of messing around trying to fix this webcam problem It looks like I am going to have reinstall vista as my nice manly uses the webcam to speak to freinds .

IM stressed to bits lol

It won't show as an image device in Device Management until you install drivers. It should, however, appear as an unknown device?

Check to see if there is a BIOS update. Check the BIOS to see if there is toggle for webcam.

Make sure you have installed a 32bit version of Win 7. And that you're using the 32bit Vista driver.

When installing right click the install file and select "Run as Administrator". Also try installing it in safe mode.

It won't show as an image device in Device Management until you install drivers. It should, however, appear as an unknown device?

Check to see if there is a BIOS update. Check the BIOS to see if there is toggle for webcam.

Make sure you have installed a 32bit version of Win 7. And that you're using the 32bit Vista driver.

When installing right click the install file and select "Run as Administrator". Also try installing it in safe mode.

It is not shown as a unkown device either pob ? I have also done a bios update, and every other driver on the computer is upto scratch, the dell driver for the web cam is vista 32/64 compatible ? Im running it as administrator and also in compatable mode for vista ?

Im running W7 ultimate 32 bit Theres posts all over the Dell site about them not having a W7 driver and all there saying is use the vista one in compatibility mode but it just aint running.

If the drivers for the web cam installed and the cam didnt work I would think it was broken I could understand.

I just cant get the stupid vista driver to install on windows7 blah blah what a mess lol

With regards to compatibility, have you tried this way. Or are you right clicking the file and going to Properties > Compatibility?

Ive tried everything now bios nothing there safe mode no good ? compatible mode no good ? tried the trouble shooter which you posted above no good ?

I reckon Im at a the end of my tether I just dont think the driver is compatible with windows 7 full stop

What a divvy Ive activated the legacy hardware option in device manager and now I have an unknown image device in there lol

When I try and update it with windows it says it has software but the ini file is to old and theres a problem installing the driver.

Ive tried to point to the driver my self but it still wont go eeeeekkkk ffs

Now you've got the unkonwn device, try this:

• Install your archive program of choice (winzip/winrar/7zip etc).
  • Unpack the .exe to a folder.
  • Run the install new hardware wizard and point it at the folder created above.

The driver simply wont install, Ive tried everything, I spoke to a Dell Tech person on the phone the day, and he said I must have not installed the chipset drivers first, he says with Dell all the drivers have to be installed one by one in the correct order or it causes problems, Blah Blah yer yer I told him I always start with the bios then the chipset then just use a driver dectective kind of programme, he said thats were youve gone wrong you need to roll back and start again.

Or he says for £85 we will sort your problem out NOOOOOOO WAY barstewards it will take them two minutes.

Anyway Im gonna wipe it again and put her crap vista back on its just not worth the hassle.

Back