Windows 7 activator

mohammed_khan786

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey everyone I have been looking at several loaders for windows 7 and it seems that the best option is actually not a loader at all.

It seems that BIOS mods are the safest way to do it but I can't seem to find out how to do it. Or how safe it really is.

Can anyone help me with that?

Also I wanted to know if it was something I can undo in case I need to return the computer etc.

From another forum:

Instead of all the pissing about with loaders you should all consider looking to see if there is a bios (either a manufacturer update or a patched one) that contains a version 2.1 SLIC and then just install win7 without a key, then install the appropriate activation certificate
e.g. "slmgr -ilc C:\DELL-DELL-2.0.XRM-MS"
and finally install the appropriate SLP key for the version of windows you want.
e.g. "slmgr -ipk 342DG-blah-blah-blah"

The above example would be for a machine with a Dell SLIC.
You can find more details about this on the mydigitallife forum in the bios mods section, including tools to allow you to patch a bios yourself.

Doing it this way means no fuss about updates etc it just works.

BIOS mods are the most dangerous ones as you can knacker your mobo with it. There are a couple of options. Find a pre-patched BIOS or patch your own one. There is shed loads of information here, just be prepared to do a couple of hours of reading.

BIOS Mods

DAZ loader is simple to apply and survived the lasted SP1 updates.

BIOS mods are the most dangerous ones as you can knacker your mobo with it. There are a couple of options. Find a pre-patched BIOS or patch your own one. There is shed loads of information here, just be prepared to do a couple of hours of reading.

BIOS Mods

DAZ loader is simple to apply and survived the lasted SP1 updates.

Thanks very much. I must have misunderstood what I read. One question if an update comes out that daz doesnt support can I then change the loader?

Or would you advise turning off auto update and only installing updates that wont affect the system.

Thanks very much. I must have misunderstood what I read. One question if an update comes out that daz doesnt support can I then change the loader?

Or would you advise turning off auto update and only installing updates that wont affect the system.

So far, if an update breaks a loader then usually there is a fixed loader within a few days like when the daz loader broke last year.

As to if you can changing the hack, depends. sometimes a different hack won't work over a previous one, for example removeWAT makes changes which makes it diifficult to change to a different hack without installing a clean copy of W7. To be honest there is no real answer as we don't know what protections microsoft is going to apply in the next fix.

The only true way of making sure that your copy stays activated for ever is to go buy a license which only costs £39.

thanks oneman

i wouldnt mind doing a clean install if it meant having windows back.

one question, I know i should back up all my stuff but i have only just got this pc and dont have any way to back it up other than writing all my stuff to disc which is long and wastes a lot of discs.

If i install windows 7 to my pc will it save all my stuff or do i have to find a way to back it up?

I'm currently running xp if that helps.

also where are the £39 licences as i wouldnt mind paying that much but i cant find where to get them less than 70

thanks oneman

i wouldnt mind doing a clean install if it meant having windows back.

one question, I know i should back up all my stuff but i have only just got this pc and dont have any way to back it up other than writing all my stuff to disc which is long and wastes a lot of discs.

If i install windows 7 to my pc will it save all my stuff or do i have to find a way to back it up?

I'm currently running xp if that helps.

also where are the £39 licences as i wouldnt mind paying that much but i cant find where to get them less than 70

windows 7 has its own backup utility for creating disc images.

and you can get it for £39 from software4student.co.uk

thanks

would i need to back it all up before i install windows 7 though?

i mean would it wipe all my documents during the install

also dont i have to be a student to buy from there?

i use the removewat version, sp1 did wipe it but just re-run it and alls ok.

right guys i have decided to wait till i got a bit of money behind me and then buy it.

As someone said somewhere the OS is the most important part of the computer and not really worth messing about with over £39

Thanks for all your help though guys, I hope this thread helps anyone else that is thinking of doing the same thing.

In the mean time though I picked up a few mods from Technology News, Internet, Tips, Tricks, Tutorials, Software Downloads, Themes, Skins, Wallpapers
A guy called vishal has put together a guide on how to make XP look like win7 without too much hassle

you can do as much or as little of the guide as you want i've done some of the easier bits lol.

Direct link to the guide here

A guy called vishal has put together a guide on how to make XP look like win7 without too much hassle

While this may change the look and feel of XP it does not change the underlying code which is now almost 10 years old and MS have started to drop XP support in some of their products like IE9 and homegroups. I am sure this will only get worse at time moves on.

well said

It should be noted that this wont change how xp works and so won't make it compatible with newer software

however it does make it look nice and there are lots of alternative software to use if you look around.

I personally use "Daz Loader 1.9.7", it works perfectly for Win7 Ultimate, and I have just updated using the official Win7 SP1 64-bit update and its still activated with no issues as yet

Oh and updates still work fine, even though I have auto updates switched off so I can update when I want an update not 'them'

I personally use "Daz Loader 1.9.7", it works perfectly for Win7 Ultimate, and I have just updated using the official Win7 SP1 64-bit update and its still activated with no issues as yet

Oh and updates still work fine, even though I have auto updates switched off so I can update when I want an update not 'them'

Any chance of giving me a copy of Daz Loader 1.9.7 ? PLEASE

I looked at the software4students site, looks like it's £39 for the upgrade version instead of the full one?

If anyone wants to PM me with a link to a non trojan/virus copy of daz loader would appricate it, still trying to clean my PC from the last one I used.

Frenchman

I looked at the software4students site, looks like it's £39 for the upgrade version instead of the full one?

If anyone wants to PM me with a link to a non trojan/virus copy of daz loader would appricate it, still trying to clean my PC from the last one I used.

Frenchman

It is for upgrade but will work fine on a clean disk as well.

You can get daz loader from the offical thread over at mydigitallife where the creater of it posts.

Back