Win 10 windows 10

Xp was good vista was crap win7 was good win8 was crap so win10 should be good (eventually)

will never happen

crappy easily hacked bloat

I guess its swings and roundabouts but on the other hand general consensus can not be wrong..
most users loved xp then disliked vista got on fine with 7 and win 8 should never have been released...Microsoft should get away from the idea that one os runs on every device..it was not till they developed for tablet and phone that the OS went pear shape hence win 8..
I hope windows 10 proves me wrong,yet I already dislike the look of it..

Been using Windows 10 for the past few months. It's really slick, and the start menu makes a huge difference when compared to 8/8.1.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they port this onto mobile devices, and the interface they will use. They say it'll be the same across all platforms, but that's going to be a challenge!

Put this on me HP Stream 7 mini tablet yesterday, the current UI for small tablets is a lot worse than win 8.1. Hope they improve it or it will be a big step backwards.

I had Windows 8 and really took me an age to find my way around it the "god mode" really helped.

I installed Window 10 beta version 1041 Sunday night and so far does seem ok, obviously massively based around Windows 8 but some tweaks to menus makes it a bit better to play with.
Though I'm not a serious user so no idea "whats under the bonnet" that has changed.

The start menu though does seem to have improved so hope they keep that.

I had Windows 8 and really took me an age to find my way around it the "god mode" really helped.

I installed Window 10 beta version 1041 Sunday night and so far does seem ok, obviously massively based around Windows 8 but some tweaks to menus makes it a bit better to play with.
Though I'm not a serious user so no idea "whats under the bonnet" that has changed.

The start menu though does seem to have improved so hope they keep that.

A new beta version 10049 came out in March its best to upgrade lots of changes from 10041

A new beta version 10049 came out in March its best to upgrade lots of changes from 10041

Cheers idrob, I actually got 9996 from the windows insider program but it updated itself today to 10041, not sure why then its a behind the latest version.
I will track that one down and install that,

Cheers

Cheers idrob, I actually got 9996 from the windows insider program but it updated itself today to 10041, not sure why then its a behind the latest version.
I will track that one down and install that,

Cheers

If you go to settings, update & recovery, advanced options, choose how preview builds are installed, change from slow to fast, and then if you check for updates it will give you the latest version that’s released.

Although Windows 10 Build 10051 has been leaked it still isn’t an official release yet.

Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10056 X64

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Windows 10 Language Pack Build 10056 X64

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I did the change to the updates and it quickly found the version 10049 but it errorred when installing so kept me on version 10041.
i will wait for the next automatic update and if that does the same., I will try an install from an ISO.

I did the change to the updates and it quickly found the version 10049 but it errorred when installing so kept me on version 10041.
i will wait for the next automatic update and if that does the same., I will try an install from an ISO.

Unless you are installing on a Virtual drive I wouldn’t take a chance with these new builds that haven’t been released to the public. Like you say it’s best to wait for the official ones.

should always install in virtual these builds

mostly work for me solely for testing purpose

10049 has just installed now in around 40 mins so not sure what changed for it to update correctly this time.

Back