Win 10 windows 10

Gabriel Aul @gabeAul

We're releasing an update package on WU for PC build 10240 today. It will install automatically or you can check for updates to grab it.
10:17 PM - 17 Jul 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony Cook @anthonycook

@gabeAul Lovely, will the updates have descriptions?

Gabriel Aul @gabeAul

@anthonycook It will be described as a security update, but that's just because it's cumulative and includes the last package's security fix
10:19 PM - 17 Jul 2015

-----------------------------
Aaron Hall @GoodThings2Life

@gabeAul WOOHOO!! :) What's in this update?

Gabriel Aul @gabeAul

@GoodThings2Life It is a package of fixes based on reported issues in 10240.
10:22 PM - 17 Jul 2015

---------------------------------------------------------

After this update the Build has changed from 10240.16387 to 10240.16390.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 Still Collects Data from Your PC

This system is expected to be removed on July 29

Back in October when Microsoft kicked off the Windows Insider program and allowed everyone to download pre-release versions of Windows 10, many accused the company of installing “keyloggers” on users' computers, as many of the things they were doing on their PCs was logged and sent to Redmond for improving the OS experience.

Despite the fact that it was pretty much obvious that telemetry data will be collected because it was a program whose main purpose was to get feedback and help improve Windows 10, Microsoft announced at that time that this system would be removed once the operating system hits RTM and ships in final form.

Windows 10 reportedly hit RTM this week and build 10240, which is considered to be at least and RTM candidate, is now up for grabs for insiders, but you have to keep in mind that the telemetry system is still there until July 29.

Gabe Aul, head of the Windows Insider program, confirmed that data is still collected, but this will stop on July 29 should you choose to get out of this feedback program and stick to the stable version of the operating system.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Below links are for en-us language alone,

o Windows 10 RTM build 10240 x64 ESD(Mediafire)
o Windows 10 RTM build 10240 x64 ISO (Alternative 1, Alternative 2, Alternative 3)
o Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 x64 ISO Openload
o Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 x64 ISO Torrent
o Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 x86 ISO Torrent

More alternative:

• Download Windows 10 build 10240 x64 ISO
• Download Windows 10 build 10240 x86 ISO

Key: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

Code:

Since the "security" update yesterday my graphics are all over the place.

I have tried settings etc but nowt changes.
I have a big black border and poor pixels on internet (not so bad on desk top).

Will have to try to upgarde my drivers manually

Well, after trying for ages last night and logging the issue on feedback last night.
There was a windows update already this morning for my graphics card.

All back to normal.

Since the "security" update yesterday my graphics are all over the place.

I have tried settings etc but nowt changes.
I have a big black border and poor pixels on internet (not so bad on desk top).

Will have to try to upgarde my drivers manually

Sorry to hear that mate,

People are reporting all sorts of different conditions after the update, some good some bad.

With me, soon after the update I got another update for my graphics card “NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+” and all the colors’ on the computer are beautifully enhanced.

Wonderful

A Security Update available for Windows 10 (KB3074667). today

Another security update somethings going on

• Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074674).

odd thing today i switched my pc on upsatirs, havnt done it for ages was greeted with the windows 10 update icon....odd that cos my windows 7 is not a legit version.????

odd thing today i switched my pc on upsatirs, havnt done it for ages was greeted with the windows 10 update icon....odd that cos my windows 7 is not a legit version.????

But at the moment they think that is.

I've been wondering whether once updated to Windows 10 via the MS update, will a dodgy version always been seen as legit?

I was reading an article earlier today that stated Microsoft will let you upgrade to windows 10 even if your version is not legit but will be an non legit version of windows 10. So you will not get patches or updates. Hope this helps your decision to update.

Another security update somethings going on

• Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074674).

Since last Thursday, when build 10240 was pushed out to both the slow and fast rings of the Insider Program, Microsoft has already released 3 new updates. The first was a minor security update, followed by an emergency patch for a vulnerability related to webapges with the OpenType font embedded within them, and now we have another hotfix, KB3074674, being rolled out to users with Windows 10 installed.

Code:

- - - Updated - - -

Game streaming now enabled for all Xbox One owners with a Windows 10 PC

Code:

Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service

Ever since news broke of Windows 10 reaching the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) milestone of development, my inbox has been full of people claiming that I’m wrong about build 10240 (the build released to Insiders) being the official Windows 10 RTM. Build 10240 is the RTM, but not in the traditional sense.

For the last 30 years, when developing a new version of Windows, Microsoft eventually hits a point in which they are finished with development. This is known as the RTM milestone, a point in which Microsoft signs-off the version of Windows they have been working on and gives it out to OEMs and Partners. In the past, this was a very big and very physical affair. In 2002, when Windows XP hit RTM, it was sent to OEMs on a golden disk via helicopter, a freaking helicopter!

These days, it’s a little less exciting. With Windows 7, Microsoft announced that it had hit RTM via a blog post on its official Windows Blog, which is no longer available. The same happened with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 as well. Traditionally, Microsoft would hit RTM with a version of Windows months before the operating system was even scheduled for release

Code:

Back